Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Lonely Mountain Band Forum Index -> Windy Acres Riding Club
View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Lhinnthel
Lhinnthel
High Officer

Awarded:

re: Formation Riding Team - Novice Routine

Lhinn's Rivendell steed's name is Copperleaf.
The announcements look wonderful!

Other games :: GW2 (Fayarra.4827) :: ESO (Fayarra26)
"...the thought pierced him that in the end the Shadow was only a small and passing thing:
there was light and high beauty for ever beyond its reach." ― J.R.R. Tolkien, The Return of the King
Kiralynn
Kiralynn of Rohan
Officer

Awarded:

I'll post the show planning text here for reference. I'll update this post and make a note if there are any changes. There have been a few revisions thanks to your wonderful suggestions.

REVISION 5 - Updated Thursday, Feb 27.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

<< Kiralynn addresses the crowd at the Prancing Pony. The band is welcome to join the procession or set up ahead of time on the east stage of the Horsefields arena, facing northwest. >>

Hello and welcome to the 2014 Carnival Ride!

It’s time for the mounted procession. Please follow us for an amazing equestrian event – carnival music, formation riding, a trivia contest and much more!

The riding team will lead you to the Horsefields. Please ride a standard (+62%) steed and line up two-by-two behind the team. We’ll be leaving by the west gate.

<< The team lines up two-by-two to show everyone how it’s done. Once the participants are organized, we’ll head out at a walk to the Horsefields and lead everyone to the stage on the east side.>>

Welcome, everyone! Today, the Windy Acres Ranch equestrian club is going to perform a war steed parade with fireworks, demonstrate formation riding to music, and finally teach you a little about horses with a trivia game!

Let’s begin with a few tips on how to get the most enjoyment out of this show.

For the best view, stand near the center of the low stone wall. Please don’t stand on the wall, as this may block someone’s view. Make sure that you can hear the band playing.

Turn up your Object Draw Distance to the maximum setting that your computer can handle. You’ll need to be at High or Ultra High to see the entire performance clearly. Thank you!

First up is our war steed parade. We’ll show you some of our favorite horses and tack sets. Here is a member of the riding team to tell more about it.

<< Lindenel will canter out and stop on the field next to Kiralynn. She takes over as announcer for the war steed parade.>>

Hello everyone, I'm Lindenel! Let's get started. Our riding club members will highlight some of the most interesting breeds and tack. We will start with the set from Michel Delving!

<< Riders begin to come out with Michel Delving tack. >>

Michel Delving is the largest town in the Shire, located on the western edge of the Westfarthing in the White Downs on the Great East Road. The Mayor of the Shire is elected in Michel Delving. It is also the location of the Lockholes and the famous Mathom-house.

<< The last MD rider goes out of the gate. When the Hunter riders are ready... >>

Next, we bring you tack favored by Hunters, complete with a quiver for archers and an animal skin caparison. The light-weight tack allows hunters to move quickly on the battlefield.

<< Hunter riders make their circuit of the field. >>

Here is the beautiful Reveller's tack, worn during special festivals. It is usually worn in red, with blue tack indicating a loyal veteran of many years of service.

<< Reveller riders make their circuit of the field. >>

Next we bring you the striking Snow Steed tack, made from the hide of the snow beast. While the snow beasts of Frostbluff are generally passive, those in the northern Misty Mountains are quite deadly.

<< Snow Steed riders make their circuit of the field. >>

The Rohirrim Elite tack is feared on the battlefield. The Rohirrim are proud and willful, true-hearted and generous, bold but not cruel, wise but unlearned, writing no books but singing many songs of their history.

<< Rohirrim Elite riders make their circuit of the field. >>

Here is the tack known as Withywindle, named for a tributary of the Brandywine River that ends near Buckland. It is thought to be the source of all the strangeness in the Old Forest, making the trees there strange and dangerous.

<< Withywindle riders make their circuit of the field. >>

The Hammerhand tack seen here is named for the ninth King of Rohan and last King of the first line. His rule was plagued by war with the Dunlendings, who attempted to usurp his rule. He died during the Siege of the Hornburg.

<< Hammerhand riders make their circuit of the field. >>

Finally, we bring you is the Rhûn tack. Rhûn is the name used for all lands lying east of Rhovanion. We know almost nothing of the lands beyond the great Sea of Rhûn. It remains a mystery to this day.

<< Rhun riders make their circuit of the field. >>

Thank you riders! Here is Kiralynn to continue the show...

<< Lindenel rides out the south gate, Kiralynn rides out to take over announcing. >>

Come close to the wall, because our team will now demonstrate formation riding, a type of quadrille dressage. This is an ancient sport that requires great skill and discipline from both horse and rider.

The goal is to guide horses through a series of graceful movements, acting as a cohesive group and making the maneuvers look effortless.

These exercises help form the strong bond between horse and rider that is essential for mounted combat. Please do not stand on the stone wall, as you may be kicked by a feisty passing horse.

During the demonstration, you may want to zoom your camera out to the maximum distance for an overhead view. Mounting a war steed will allow you to zoom out even farther.

Please allow me to introduce the riders...

<< As each rider is introduced, they will enter the field through the south gate, ride along the east wall, turn south and ride back out, all at a canter. >>

Let's hear it for Lifebringer and her steed Chuckles!

Next let’s introduce Lhinnthel and Copperleaf!

Let's give a warm welcome to Lindenel and her horse Fleetfoot!

Here is Brenthiel and her lovely steed Uruslon!

The Remediators will play a selection of traditional Carnival music during the demonstration. Is everyone ready?

<< The team lines up in block formation at the south gate. Kiralynn lets everyone know when the music starts. The team performs the routine, stopping at Salute. >>

Thank you, riding team! Let's hear it for our riders - Lifebringer, Brenthiel, Lindenel and Lhinnthel!

<< The team turns and exits the field. >>

How about a big round of applause for our wonderful band, the Remediators!

Next, we'll have an equestrian trivia contest. The winner of this contest will receive a code that unlocks a Steed of the First Marshal!

I will ask a series of questions related to horses. The questions will become more difficult as we go. The sooner you give the right answer, the more points you score.

I will /shout the question and you must /shout your answer quickly. After I have recorded the points for each question, I’ll move on to the next. At the end, I’ll tally the points and announce the winners.

It’s time to prove your equestrian expertise. Are you ready?

<< The team can ride back out to join Kiralynn and offer silly answers to the questions through /say if they like. >>

<< The Carnival concert starts after the trivia contest. >>

Last edited by Kiralynn of Rohan on 2014/02/27 10:27 am; edited 5 times in total

Awarded:

Brenthiel's Rivendell-steed is named Uruslon (which hopefully means "Copper-friend" in Teleri!).

Byrcha's Warsteed is named Wheatberry.

• main: Byrcha (pronounced: BUR-ka), Hobbit treasure-hunter

• Landroval alts: Braxwald, Brenthiel, & Hathellaith (LMB); Belyndil (Ales and Tales); Yahr (Lonely Mountain Brewery); Byrkhild, Byrchette, & Byrchetta (Secret Pie Vault); Byrwing (Sisters of the Moon); Byraen; Byrwen (Ithil refugee).

Kiralynn
Kiralynn of Rohan
Officer

Awarded:

Notes from the February 25th practice:

* Many thanks to our pyrotechnicians and band members for attending the dress rehearsal!

* We worked out a system for pacing the war steed parade.
-- Lindenel tells us which steed is next.
-- We tell her when we're ready with that steed.
-- When she hears two or more confirmations, she announces the steed.
-- Once all of that type clear the field, she starts on the next steed in the line up.

* We moved the rider introductions AFTER the war steed parade so that Byrcha only has to relog once to switch characters.

* Fireworks will be launched during the Pass Bys at a canter, both Hurricanes, and during the One Ring. It is important that low-height fireworks (IE: fireworks of a specific color) be launched, since high fireworks launched from the west wall fly over the heads of the audience and aren't seen when they explode.

* The Remediators will stand near the center of the east wall to play during the equestrian portion of the show. They will move to the eastern stage at the end for their concert.

* The Remediators may not have time to play at the Prancing Pony before the mounted procession, so bring your assigned instruments. (Byrcha: Horn, Lhinnthel: Horn, Lifebringer: Drum, Lindenel: Lute) We can play our own carnival music. Make sure you have the carnival songs indexed by Songbook if necessary. Please show up before 2:30pm if you can.

* If you would like an extra practice, please meet BEFORE Saturday. Leave Saturday for actually prepping for the show -- equip your assigned instrument, carry high-shooting fireworks, slot war steed outfits, take a deep breath, and remember you're going to do great.

Awarded:

Here's a map of how we ride during the war steed parade at the Horsefields arena. I'm posting this in case any Banders wish to join us for the parade on Saturday.

Forum Image

re: re: Formation Riding Team - Novice Routine

Hello Argent!

So my Riv horse is named Chuckles, and my warsteed is Thunder, just in case you didn't get it at rehearsal. Cheers!
Kiralynn
Kiralynn of Rohan
Officer

Awarded:

Just to confirm, it looks like we'll be playing the stage at the Prancing Pony before the 2:30pm event start time, as the Remediators need time to set up at the Horsefields arena. Please make sure you have the latest Carnival.zip ABC file set downloaded and indexed, and bring your assigned instrument (or all of them if you have bag space). I'll be online to start playing music by 2:00pm. Please join me to play if you have the time and interest.

Awarded:

The show went extremely well and we received a lot of compliments. Many people were amazed by the formation riding routine. Y'all did a fantastic job!

If there is still interest, I'd like to video record the routine being done before y'all forget it. :)

Shall we keep meeting on Tuesdays for awhile to get this done?

Please add me to the kudos. What a magnificent performance!!

Working together we all benefit ~ Aldekim, Brambel - Lonely Mountain Band ~ Doribolger - Harp and Dragon (LMB alt kin) ~ Athilrond, Ahtook, Nellan, Elye, Sylduril, Nitnoy, Elduryl, Dironen - Clan Etal ~ Kaesy - Lonely Mountain Treasures (Byrdie alt kin)
Byrcha
LEADER

Awarded:

Kiralynn of Rohan wrote:
If there is still interest, I'd like to video record the routine being done before y'all forget it.

I'm game for trying to record it. I don't *think* Bren has forgotten everything yet. :P

• main: Byrcha (pronounced: BUR-ka), Hobbit treasure-hunter

• Landroval alts: Braxwald, Brenthiel, & Hathellaith (LMB); Belyndil (Ales and Tales); Yahr (Lonely Mountain Brewery); Byrkhild, Byrchette, & Byrchetta (Secret Pie Vault); Byrwing (Sisters of the Moon); Byraen; Byrwen (Ithil refugee).

Kiralynn
Kiralynn of Rohan
Officer

Awarded:

Aldekim wrote:
Please add me to the kudos. What a magnificent performance!!

So far, nobody has any screenshots of it. Did you happen to snap a few?

Awarded:

I would love to get it on video and will be there Tuesday! I wish I had bee able to get screenies of the performance -- maybe for our next routine, we should hire a photographer! lol!

Other games :: GW2 (Fayarra.4827) :: ESO (Fayarra26)
"...the thought pierced him that in the end the Shadow was only a small and passing thing:
there was light and high beauty for ever beyond its reach." ― J.R.R. Tolkien, The Return of the King
Kiralynn
Kiralynn of Rohan
Officer

Awarded:

We'll be doing pick-up shots tonight. Again, we'll have to start filming mid-Dawn and do our best to finish before we lose the light.

In the meantime, I'd love to post an interview with riding team members. When you find a little time, would you please PM responses to these questions? (IC or OOC, as you like.)

* What is it like to ride out in front of a large crowd?

* How do you prepare yourself mentally for a show?

* How did you feel during the weeks leading up to the performance, just before you performed, and now that it's over?

* Did you train on your own time, outside of normal practices?

* How much does luck play a factor in your performance?

* What are the keys to (and secrets of) your success?

* Will it be difficult to top this performance in a future show? Does your recent success give you more confidence?

* What is your favorite breed of horse? Is there one you hope to ride in the next performance?

* Do you hope to choreograph your own routine some day?

* What would you say to others who are curious about riding on the team?

Awarded:

We're meeting tonight! Let's see if we can get the rest of the footage done. We can start just after in-game Dawn. If you have any more war steed cosmetic outfits to share, bring them and we'll shoot them during Dawn.

Please take a moment to send in the answers to interview questions. Thanks!

Awarded:

The good news is that I got the voice recordings I needed of clapping and cheering!

The better news is that the video is almost 100% complete.

The bad news is that I'm fighting some sort of glitch in transitioning between two of the scenes, but I'll iron that out. (And if I can't, I'll ask some of our video experts!)

The worse news is that the video drags in a couple of places. This means that I'd really like to shoot five more short scenes. These should be really easy and go fast. They are: Close-ups on Transitions 1, 3, 4, the end of One Ring, and the last Parting Ways (Pairs). So, if you're willing, we can take these last minor shots (transitions are easy) and make the video really snappy. If you'd rather not, we'll roll with what we have. We can meet sometime over the weekend or we can wait for next Tuesday at the normal time.

What would you like to do?

Page 6 of 7

Jump to: