Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Lonely Mountain Band Forum Index -> Windy Acres Riding Club
View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Kiralynn
Kiralynn of Rohan
Officer

Awarded:

re: Formation Riding Team - Novice Routine

Byrcha wrote:
FYI: burglar-stealth cannot be used at the Horsefields (serious business zone, or whatever it is called).

Good to know, thank you! There's still time to practice without a center marker.

Awarded:

Okay, the new music is released and ready for download (and testing).

Three songs together (http://roll3d6.com/abc/carnival/5-(Kira)BlueTimesMambo.txt) -- Let the Good Times Roll, Mardi Gras Mambo, and Blue Moon of Kentucky.
The total length is 10 minutes, 52 seconds. That's our new routine goal!

Also please download all Carnival songs (http://roll3d6.com/abc/Carnival.zip) in case we find the opportunity to play. Most of these songs require 1 lute, 1 drum, 1 theorbo, and 2 horns.

Awarded:

Many thanks to Lhinnthel and Byrcha who helped test the routine modification.

Please make a note of this:
* Begin to canter (run/gallop) on Pass By 1 when the lead horse's nose reaches the nearest gate post. That is, when both groups of riders are facing each other with only the gate between them.
* Stop cantering on Pass by 4 at the end of the maneuver, before the turn north.

* For the war steed parade during the show, we'll enter at the south gate, pass by the audience along the east wall at a walk, then trot back through the south gate along the center line (not on the far side).

Hopefully we'll have a chance to time the new routine length before Tuesday, so that during the next practice all we need to do is run the routine as many times as we have time for.

Good news -- two people have contacted me via in-game chat, saying they may be available to launch fireworks during the show. Hopefully we'll find four people on the day of the event.

On event day, remember to bring:
* Anniversary, Summerdays, Elf, Dwarf, Man or Hobbit fireworks. Anything that launches high.
* Your war steed cosmetics for the parade, however many you can slot.
-- Byrcha - Michel Delving, Reveller's, Hammerhand, and Rhun.
-- Lhinnthel - Michel Delving, Hunter, Rohirrim Elite, Withywindle, and Hammerhand.
-- Lifebringer - Snow Beast and Rohirrim Elite. (Please let me know if you get a new one before the show.)
-- Lindenel - Please equip the team uniform in blue in an extra slot, so that you can do the announcing.
* A musical instrument.
-- Byrcha - Horn
-- Lhinnthel - Horn
-- Lifebringer - Drum
-- Lindenel - Lute
* Your uniform in the proper color.

This week is the last practice so please do your best to be there. Next week is our dress rehearsal!

re: re: Fourth Routine

Hi guys! Just letting you know I can't be there for practice this Tuesday. I'm working from 6 PM to 4 AM, no way out of it.

If we still need to cut time off the routine, I'd suggest taking a loop off of both Hurricanes and the One Ring.
Kiralynn
Kiralynn of Rohan
Officer

Awarded:

re: Re: re: Fourth Routine

High Life wrote:
Hi guys! Just letting you know I can't be there for practice this Tuesday. I'm working from 6 PM to 4 AM, no way out of it.
If we still need to cut time off the routine, I'd suggest taking a loop off of both Hurricanes and the One Ring.

I'm sorry to hear that you had to work. Those are terrible hours!

Will you be able to make it to the dress rehearsal next Tuesday?
Is there any risk they'll make you work on show day?

We decided to do the first four Pass Bys at a canter (run), which gained us enough time savings. We also made a small modification to the size of the One Ring circle. We really need to practice the modified routine with you before next Tuesday. Sadly, I was a terrible fill-in for you, so this week's practice wasn't as helpful as it could have been.

Is there an evening we can all get together before the dress rehearsal?
I think everyone will be much more comfortable doing the routine twice in a row correctly before show day.

For the dress rehearsal and event day, you'll need...
* Anniversary, Summerdays, Elf, Dwarf, Man or Hobbit fireworks. Anything that launches high.
* Your war steed cosmetics and outfits for the parade.
-- Byrcha - Michel Delving, Reveller's, Hammerhand, and Rhun.
-- Lhinnthel - Michel Delving, Hunter, Rohirrim Elite, Withywindle, and Hammerhand.
-- Lifebringer - Snow Beast and Rohirrim Elite. (Please let me know if you get a new one before the show.)
-- Lindenel - Please equip the team uniform in blue in an extra slot, so that you can do the announcing.
* A musical instrument.
-- Byrcha - Horn
-- Lhinnthel - Horn
-- Lifebringer - Drum
-- Lindenel - Lute
* Your uniform in the proper color.

The dress rehearsal will leave everyone comfortable about what we'll be doing for the show, how and in what order. That familiarity will make us all less nervous on show day. :)

What day shall we meet next?

Awarded:

I am available most any evening this week (after approx. 9pm) and will also be around this weekend. If there is a specific time which works for others let me know and I'll plan to be there.

Kira, to be clear (before I juggle outfit slots), for the warsteed parade I can use whatever outfit I like to match the warsteeds -- not just the Hauberk of the Mirrormere?

• main: Byrcha (pronounced: BUR-ka), Hobbit treasure-hunter

• Landroval alts: Braxwald, Brenthiel, & Hathellaith (LMB); Belyndil (Ales and Tales); Yahr (Lonely Mountain Brewery); Byrkhild, Byrchette, & Byrchetta (Secret Pie Vault); Byrwing (Sisters of the Moon); Byraen; Byrwen (Ithil refugee).

Kiralynn
Kiralynn of Rohan
Officer

Awarded:

Byrcha wrote:
Kira, to be clear (before I juggle outfit slots), for the warsteed parade I can use whatever outfit I like to match the warsteeds -- not just the Hauberk of the Mirrormere?

Yes. If y'all have extra cosmetic slots to spare, please equip an outfit for each of your war steeds that goes best with that particular tack. If you have to double-up due to a lack of cosmetic slots, that's okay. You're also welcome to pick whatever war steed hide and colors that you like. (I actually unlocked all 7, so that each of my personal outfits has a corresponding war steed!)

Awarded:

I unlocked 2 more slots for warsteed appearances this week. It is handy to not have to change them out as much! I should be available most any evening and most of Saturday, for any practice. Just let me know when, and I will be there!

Other games :: GW2 (Fayarra.4827) :: ESO (Fayarra26)
"...the thought pierced him that in the end the Shadow was only a small and passing thing:
there was light and high beauty for ever beyond its reach." ― J.R.R. Tolkien, The Return of the King
High Life

re: re: Formation Riding Team - Fourth Routine

Hi guys. Yes, I'll be free for next Tuesday night and for the show, unless the country gets hit with a nuclear missile or something. I'm free every night for the rest of the week, except for Sunday. So if we're getting together, post it here and I'll be there. Thanks!
Kiralynn
Kiralynn of Rohan
Officer

Awarded:

I had a funny thought. To keep things short, we're often called "Kira", "Lhin", "Life", "Lind" and "Bren". It's almost like we should be called K'lyn, L'thel, L'ger, L'nel and B'thel. I wonder if anyone catches the reference. :)

I'll check in tonight in case we can get together for that extra practice and show Lifebringer the routine modifications. (And let you all practice with a real rider!)

Kiralynn of Rohan wrote:
I had a funny thought. To keep things short, we're often called "Kira", "Lhin", "Life", "Lind" and "Bren". It's almost like we should be called K'lyn, L'thel, L'ger, L'nel and B'thel. I wonder if anyone catches the reference. :)

I'm sure the reference might be from any number of places, but for me it brings to mind B'lana Torres from Star Trek Voyager.

Working together we all benefit ~ Aldekim, Brambel - Lonely Mountain Band ~ Doribolger - Harp and Dragon (LMB alt kin) ~ Athilrond, Ahtook, Nellan, Elye, Sylduril, Nitnoy, Elduryl, Dironen - Clan Etal ~ Kaesy - Lonely Mountain Treasures (Byrdie alt kin)
Lhinnthel
Lhinnthel
High Officer

Awarded:

I'm sure this is way off the mark, but as I'm in the midst of reading The Dragonriders of Pern series, it reminds me of Dragonrider naming patterns -- even though that is only for the male riders.

"...the thought pierced him that in the end the Shadow was only a small and passing thing:
there was light and high beauty for ever beyond its reach." ― J.R.R. Tolkien, The Return of the King
Kiralynn
Kiralynn of Rohan
Officer

Awarded:

It's from Dragonriders of Pern, yes, great guess! Actually it isn't really just for men's names. It was originally limited to men simply because they don't hyphenate the gold rider's names, as they are never in combat. However later in the series when women began to impress green dragons, their names were hyphenated as well.

Awarded:

Kiralynn of Rohan wrote:
It's from Dragonriders of Pern, yes, great guess! Actually it isn't really just for men's names. It was originally limited to men simply because they don't hyphenate the gold rider's names, as they are never in combat. However later in the series when women began to impress green dragons, their names were hyphenated as well.

Ah, okay! I haven't gotten that far yet then :) It is a great series!

Kiralynn
Kiralynn of Rohan
Officer

Awarded:

I actually used to be a MUSH programmer on some of the PernMU*s. I built a lot of weyrs and programmed the first actual threadfall combat system. Sometimes I miss the old MU*s. I wish they would build an MMO based on Pern. Sorry, LOTRO, but you'd lose me to dragon races...

Anyway... back to formation riding!

Thank you everyone for attending an extra practice on Thursday night. It looks like we worked out the last kinks in the routine. I zoomed out to see the entire field at once, and believe me, you all looked really good. The audience is going to be impressed!

Our next practice on Tuesday is a dress rehearsal. This means that you'll need to bring your musical instrument, high-launch firework(s), full uniform, war steed outfits, and so forth. We'll make a dry run through the entire show. This way, you'll know what to expect on March 1st and can be more relaxed.

I'm finishing up the audience announcements now. I'll PM a copy to each of you so that you can comment, make suggestions, point out corrections, and generally get an idea of what we'll be doing on Tuesday.

Please post the name of your Rivendell steed so that I can include this in the text.

Also, please download http://www.roll3d6.com/abc/carnival.zip and make sure it's ready to play with Songbook. We may be playing music before the parade out of Bree.

I look forward to riding with you at the big event!

Page 5 of 7

Jump to: