Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Lonely Mountain Band Forum Index -> Archives - Old News
View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page 1, 2  Next
Kiralynn
Kiralynn of Rohan
Officer

Awarded:

re: Housing Chests Price Petition

For those who are interested, a thread has started in the LOTRO forums asking Turbine to reduce the price of the housing chest upgrades, as well as make it easier for kinships to share the burden of purchasing upgrades. If you would like to participate in this thread, click here or go to https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthread.php?531927-Cost-of-Housing-Storage-Upgrades.

Last edited by Kiralynn of Rohan on 2014/02/11 8:49 am; edited 1 time in total

Awarded:

/signed. =)

Thanks for starting this up, Cennwyn!

Honor and fun,
Dannigan a.k.a. Gori "Mithrilfist" Brightforge

"No language is justly studied merely as an aid to other purposes. It will in fact better serve other purposes, philological or historical, when it is studied for love, for itself." - J.R.R. Tolkien, English and Welsh (1955)
http://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/J._R._R._Tolkien

My Lonely Mountain Band characters include Dannigan (main, 100th-level Human Warden), Briamil (95th-level Elven Rune-keeper), Gori "Mithrilfist" Brightforge (95th-level Dwarven Champion), Mithrilfists (also Gori, 60th-level Dwarven Guardian), and Whittle (95th-level Hobbit Hunter). Far apart, never alone! =)
Cennwyn
Cennwyn

Awarded:

Dannigan wrote:
/signed. =)

Thanks for starting this up, Cennwyn!

Thank YOU! In fairness, Kira gave me the idea :)

I must say, I don't believe companies like WB listen much to folks like us. But I hope I can be proved wrong!

Alts include: Tinaith the Elven Huntress, Dereborn the Loremaster of Gondor.
Kiralynn
Kiralynn of Rohan
Officer

Awarded:

They listen. They do really listen. It just takes a certain "critical mass" to change things.

I just signed this petition as well. I really do hope that someone is listening at Turbine. With all of the changes that we've had foisted upon us, all of this Mithril Coin business is just out of line.
Dannigan
Officer

Awarded:

Cennwyn wrote:
Thank YOU! In fairness, Kira gave me the idea :)

I must say, I don't believe companies like WB listen much to folks like us. But I hope I can be proved wrong!

Then thanks to Kira too! =)

Re: WB. Remember when we all had to put up with forced emotes, and the jerks who use them in the middle of concerts, etc.?

Turbine listened (and more importantly, they took lasting action). =) It's just like Kira says - enough people have to speak up. I guess it takes action to make action. =)

Honor and fun,
Gori "Mithrilfist" Brightforge a.k.a. Dannigan

"No language is justly studied merely as an aid to other purposes. It will in fact better serve other purposes, philological or historical, when it is studied for love, for itself." - J.R.R. Tolkien, English and Welsh (1955)
http://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/J._R._R._Tolkien

My Lonely Mountain Band characters include Dannigan (main, 100th-level Human Warden), Briamil (95th-level Elven Rune-keeper), Gori "Mithrilfist" Brightforge (95th-level Dwarven Champion), Mithrilfists (also Gori, 60th-level Dwarven Guardian), and Whittle (95th-level Hobbit Hunter). Far apart, never alone! =)
Cennwyn
Cennwyn

Awarded:

Dannigan wrote:

Re: WB. Remember when we all had to put up with forced emotes, and the jerks who use them in the middle of concerts, etc.?

You guys are really helping me think positive about this! Thank you :)

Kiralynn
Kiralynn of Rohan
Officer

Awarded:

Remember to tell other people about the thread and encourage them to post. 15 posts won't convince turbine to do anything but 300 will. Let's light that thread on fire!

https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthread.php?531927-Cost-of-Housing-Storage-Upgrades

Awarded:

I rarely bump threads but I feel this is important. Rounding up my LOTRO Facebook group as well. Come on folks, let's make ourselves heard!

Floradine
Officer

Awarded:

I am glad that I just don't have the English vocabulary to tell you what I think about all this. Instead of creating new markets and create new wonderful stuff they just try to rip people off once more. Steal the easy money and then run away - that's how it looks like to me. This and the hobbit lass animation changes... all that brings me very close to the brink of finally leaving the game. The game suffers so much from these people who are so helplessly trying to make money and fail to listen to us. I for one told them several dozends of ideas what players would really like and shell out money for. Give me a two weeled cart and I give you $10. Give me a four-wheeled one and I'd pay $20 for it. Give me a violin and here you have another $10.... It is *so* incredibly easy to get my money but they don't want it. Well then.

Awarded:

Floradine wrote:
all that brings me very close to the brink of finally leaving the game.

I took the first, ouchy step today, Flora--I cancelled my subscription.

Kiralynn
Kiralynn of Rohan
Officer

Awarded:

For me, the problem isn't that they're asking for money. The problem is how much money they're asking for. I know they need to make a profit. They have already had two rounds of layoffs and the remaining employees are undoubtedly desperate to keep their jobs. However, I feel like they're asking "the top of the pyramid" to pay for everyone's fun. The wealthiest players are being asked to pay outrageous sums for virtual things. If the prices were lower, I think more people could share the burden of supporting the game and overall there would be more profit for Turbine.

Keep posting in the LOTRO forums, it's not too late!

https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthread.php?531927-Cost-of-Housing-Storage-Upgrades

Awarded:

Please stick around for some LMB comradery, even if the future of the game otherwise leaves you cold. The community here needs folks who will interact ... and who will speak out. If WB/Turbine don't hear serious complaints (not just whining, which they can easily dismiss), they will think everything is fine.

• main: Byrcha (pronounced: BUR-ka), Hobbit treasure-hunter

• Landroval alts: Braxwald, Brenthiel, & Hathellaith (LMB); Belyndil (Ales and Tales); Yahr (Lonely Mountain Brewery); Byrkhild, Byrchette, & Byrchetta (Secret Pie Vault); Byrwing (Sisters of the Moon); Byraen; Byrwen (Ithil refugee).

Cennwyn
Cennwyn

Awarded:

Byrcha wrote:
Please stick around for some LMB comradery, even if the future of the game otherwise leaves you cold.

That I will always stick around for! :)

I mean, I'll be honest: I've paid more money for worse games. The difference is, I went into those games knowing not to expect very much. Now I just have to come to terms with the fact that, while I love certain aspects of LOTRO and the community it houses, I can get THAT for free--I don't need to pay to play around with the music system or hop on kinchat.

I am just tired of paying for aspects of the game that no longer interest me. As Kira said--I'm happy to pay, and I understand they need to make a profit. But they're not even trying to woo me as a customer; they're just saying, "Give us all your money NOW." And it's frankly insulting. I will continue to buy things in the store that I can afford and enjoy, but they need to take a hint that I won't just fork over 14.99 a month for policies I find distasteful.

Floradine
Officer

Awarded:

Byrcha wrote:
Please stick around for some LMB comradery, even if the future of the game otherwise leaves you cold. The community here needs folks who will interact ... and who will speak out. If WB/Turbine don't hear serious complaints (not just whining, which they can easily dismiss), they will think everything is fine.

Rest assured the future of the game does not leave me cold. Actually that's why I am so disappointed to see them going the only one road they seem to know. They are too afraid to try to go new ways.

I mean... 1 x $100 = $100 but 100 x $1 also is $100. I mean, how in the world could the Apple iPhone/iPad ever be so successful?

It's not too hard math to understand. And 10x $10 also makes $100.

Believe me, I have drowned them in ideas. If they finally would start to implement all that stuff they'd have work for years and stuff to sell without end. And if they'd only be bold enough to try to build up new markets. Heck, isn't that what making money is about? Just look at what SOE is currently doing with EQ Landmark... This is incredibly smart. Give the community the tools to build a world and let them sell what they create. Take your cut for it and see what comes off it. And with doing all this reduce the work for the development team. This is such a total win-win, it's unbelievable. Well, I know that this is not possible in Lotro as it is but heck there are ways to make money even with the very limited franchise of Lord of the Rings.

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: