Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Lonely Mountain Band Forum Index -> Archives - Old News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nevanna

re: Helms Deep Release Date/Pre-Purchase!!!

http://www.lotro.com/en/helmsdeep

My trailer has raised my excitement!

Apis
Ellinnea
Officer

Awarded:

Talk about a glut of information! A trailer, a release date, pre-purchase items, descriptions of each of the new regions and the new epic books, as well as the complete list of three specs coming for each class.

Exciting!

A bevy of other characters, as listed at my lotro-wiki page
`Tinki`
Officer

I want it and Im gonna get it! Man, the naysayers on the LOTRO forums :P I love Rohan and I think Helms Deep wont dissapoint either, although it does change traits in a huge way.

Master of BOOT,..but otherwise at your service,....And your families.

Aldekim
Officer

I am not looking forward to the new class tree system after years developing my minstrel play style, but I will certainly pre-purchase the expansion. Basic edition for me.

Working together we all benefit ~ Aldekim, Brambel - Lonely Mountain Band ~ Doribolger - Harp and Dragon (LMB alt kin) ~ Athilrond, Ahtook, Nellan, Elye, Sylduril, Nitnoy, Elduryl, Dironen - Clan Etal ~ Kaesy - Lonely Mountain Treasures (Byrdie alt kin)
Lhinnthel
Lhinnthel
High Officer

Awarded:

Yay! The teaser trailer looks very cool, I'm really excited to try the epic battles! And that warsteed in the premium pack is nice looking!

Other games :: GW2 (Fayarra.4827) :: ESO (Fayarra26)
"...the thought pierced him that in the end the Shadow was only a small and passing thing:
there was light and high beauty for ever beyond its reach." ― J.R.R. Tolkien, The Return of the King
Nevanna

The pricing and prepurchase fiasco of RoR made me leave lotro for almost a year and try other games...an unheard of thing for me since SOA beta and launch. I have since reconciled with Lotro and the love has come back. I am quite excited for Helm's Deep. I will most likely spring for the largest most expensive offering....feeling the way I did when Moria launched...collectors edition was the one for me. I do however wish that they'd offer hard copies of disks every now and then. Now to decide if I want to buy prepurchase for 2 or all 3 of my accounts........

Nevanna

deleted

Last edited by Nevanna on 2013/09/12 11:16 am; edited 1 time in total

Byrcha
LEADER

Awarded:

I too like that the hype has been tempered this time, compared to RoR. Given all the horse-drapery we've seen lately, the expansion warsteed actually looks like a warhorse! The shield-backpack thingy is also a nice touch. I'm excited to see how the epic battles turn out, though I'm less than enthused about the class trait revamp (hopefully old burglars can learn new tricks).

• main: Byrcha (pronounced: BUR-ka), Hobbit treasure-hunter

• Landroval alts: Braxwald, Brenthiel, & Hathellaith (LMB); Belyndil (Ales and Tales); Yahr (Lonely Mountain Brewery); Byrkhild, Byrchette, & Byrchetta (Secret Pie Vault); Byrwing (Sisters of the Moon); Byraen; Byrwen (Ithil refugee).

Keli
Keli
Officer

Awarded:

Alas none of it dyes sad

Disappointing selection though I'm not surprised after RoR. Can't see any reason to go beyond Base Edition...or wait until after launch to see what a basic key costs without the TP etc.

Last edited by Keli on 2013/09/12 11:16 am; edited 1 time in total

Nevanna

Byrcha wrote:
The shield-backpack thingy is also a nice touch.

It says this has stats that scale...I'm wondering if this visual is a replacement option for cloaks...? If so, it's a pretty good idea, one that I like.

Keli
Keli
Officer

Awarded:

Nevanna wrote:
Byrcha wrote:
The shield-backpack thingy is also a nice touch.

It says this has stats that scale...I'm wondering if this visual is a replacement option for cloaks...? If so, it's a pretty good idea, one that I like.

Yes, it goes in your back slot. Of course, if you carry a shield normally as well, you're going to look pretty silly.

Sonca
Vulpes_Velox
Officer

Awarded:

Ooooo, it looks good, loved the trailer. As for the gear...
Keli wrote:
Alas none of it dyes sad

Well that kills some of my excitement. If it cannot be dyed green Sonca will not wear it, and Wilta only wears robes (she hides small critters in them to protect them from nasty orcs and bored hunters). It looks like I'll just hold out to see what the difference is between the base expansion and just getting the quest packs again.

Pre-ordered the prem pack.

Ash nazg durbatuluk, ash nazg gimbatul, ash nazg thraktuluk, agh burzum-ishi krimpatul.

One Ring to rule them all, One Ring to find them, One Ring to bring them all and in the Darkness bind them.
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Lonely Mountain Band Forum Index -> Archives - Old News All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: