Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Lonely Mountain Band Forum Index -> Windy Acres Riding Club
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kiralynn
Kiralynn of Rohan
Officer

Awarded:

re: WAR Racing -- 2013-2014 Schedule (Tentative)

THIS SCHEDULE HAS BEEN REVISED DUE TO MOUNT CHANGES -- SEE POST BELOW.

Last edited by Kiralynn of Rohan on 2014/04/16 8:07 am; edited 3 times in total

I am going to assume this updated schedule is safe for publicationin the Free Press this week.

Working together we all benefit ~ Aldekim, Brambel - Lonely Mountain Band ~ Doribolger - Harp and Dragon (LMB alt kin) ~ Athilrond, Ahtook, Nellan, Elye, Sylduril, Nitnoy, Elduryl, Dironen - Clan Etal ~ Kaesy - Lonely Mountain Treasures (Byrdie alt kin)
`Tinki`
Officer

I need to remind myself to donate some gold when I am ingame.

Master of BOOT,..but otherwise at your service,....And your families.

Kiralynn
Kiralynn of Rohan
Officer

Awarded:

That's very sweet of you! I'll get by. I may just have to give away smaller prizes.

What I really need is for my local WalMart (or Target or GameStop or BestBuy) to start carrying TP cards again, or for Turbine to start selling TP codes. Since it's up to the retailer whether or not to carry TP cards, you'd think Turbine would have some alternate way to buy TP for other players without needing private information about them. Do they want money or don't they?

Sorry, can't help but vent a little.

Awarded:

Now that we'll have to drop competitive non-war steed racing, I'm revising the WAR schedule. Here's what I'm thinking at the moment. Also note the change in time and day. Your comments and suggestions are appreciated. Please let me know if this time will work for you.

This schedule is not ready for public release.

Saturdays at 2:30pm server time (EST):

* June 29: Rusham Stampede Rodeo - War steed barrel racing, comedy show, and mounted fashion contest. (Will be held in July if Weatherstock returns to June.)
* August 17: Bywater Steeplechase - Bywater in the Shire, fun run for standard steeds.
* September 21: Rivendell Challenge - Forsaken Inn to Rivendell cross country for war steeds.
* October 19: Solve A Mystery Contest - At the ranch in Raglan, Bree.
* November 16: Haunted Derby - Buckland to Barrow Downs and back for standard steeds.
* December 14: Winter Celebration - Holiday party, fireworks festival and talent contest. (Hopefully we'll have a mounted parade where everyone can ride their horses from Bree to the ranch.)
* January 18: Blue Mountain Classic - Thorin's Hall fun run and mounted winter fashion contest.
* February 22: Shadowfax Sprint - Minas Eriol, war steed race.
* March 15: Solve A Mystery Contest - At the ranch in Raglan, Bree.

This next part is "iffy"...
* April 12: Mathom and Chetwood Cup qualifier races.
* May 3: (SRC) Mithril and Moonstone Cup qualifier races, Bree Championship Cup.

If there's no fix for the "unknown speed" issue, we'll go with...
* April 12: Fellowship Fashion Contest - Look-alike for any of the LotR characters.
* May 3: Equestrian Extravaganza - Spring concert, horse parade, rare breeds show, mounted fashion contest, riding team demo, standard steed fun race, war steed fun race.

Awarded:

If possible, please take a moment to review the schedule in the previous post.

Are there enough occurrences of each type of event to be fun? I don't plan to add any events, one per month is good for me. I can move things around a bit, though, or substitute one type of event for another. What schedule would you like to see?

Thanks so much!

Awarded:

Perhaps a Haunted-whatever should occur in October instead of November, before Halloween?

• main: Byrcha (pronounced: BUR-ka), Hobbit treasure-hunter

• Landroval alts: Braxwald, Brenthiel, & Hathellaith (LMB); Belyndil (Ales and Tales); Yahr (Lonely Mountain Brewery); Byrkhild, Byrchette, & Byrchetta (Secret Pie Vault); Byrwing (Sisters of the Moon); Byraen; Byrwen (Ithil refugee).

Kiralynn
Kiralynn of Rohan
Officer

Awarded:

Byrcha wrote:
Perhaps a Haunted-whatever should occur in October instead of November, before Halloween?

I'm doing the RP mystery thing in October because I love to decorate the ranch in Halloween style, and that will give everyone an excuse to come by, see the decor, RP and party. The Barrowdowns are always haunted, year-round, so it is still a "haunted" derby. *chuckles* Does that sort of make sense?

Jump to: