Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Lonely Mountain Band Forum Index -> Windy Acres Riding Club
View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Kiralynn
Kiralynn of Rohan
Officer

Awarded:

re: WAR Racing - 2013-2014 Season Planning

Okay, allow me to be very clear about my limitations:
* I am not running 2+ races on the same day.
* I am not running 2-3 races per month.
* I am not running races that require more than 4 judges, except the Bree Cup.

Now, that being said, a number of people have asked for all of the above. I see only one viable solution.
Which of you shall step forward to be the war steed race master?

Kiralynn of Rohan wrote:
* I am not running 2+ races on the same day.
* I am not running 2-3 races per month.
* I am not running races that require more than 4 judges, except the Bree Cup.

Now, that being said, a number of people have asked for all of the above. I see only one viable solution.

You tell em Kiralynn. One of my pet peeves in this world is people who want to tell us what someone else should do to make the world a better place. If you know how to make things better, feel free to get up out of your easy chair and do it. Don't bother telling me what someone else should do to make your life better. It's your life, maybe you should do something about it.

Working together we all benefit ~ Aldekim, Brambel - Lonely Mountain Band ~ Doribolger - Harp and Dragon (LMB alt kin) ~ Athilrond, Ahtook, Nellan, Elye, Sylduril, Nitnoy, Elduryl, Dironen - Clan Etal ~ Kaesy - Lonely Mountain Treasures (Byrdie alt kin)
Aalloria Borealis

I don't have a War Steed yet, and hope qualifying and circuit races stay 62% so Barabossa can continue to compete....

That being said....I am here to volunteer to run either with/for you.

Aalloria Borealis

Awarded:

Kiralynn of Rohan wrote:

I was contemplating this very thing last night. I will admit my time online is sometimes limited but if I were willing to put together a warsteed only race every month or two would there be enough interest in them? Would folks be willing to help?
And should we add a second Cup race just for war steeds if there is enough interest and regular races to have rider standings?
Kiralynn
Kiralynn of Rohan
Officer

Awarded:

It looks like Aalloria and Caiyyd are on board for hosting races. Huzzah!
Let's see who else might be interested.

If you would like to host them as part of the Windy Acres Ranch season, there are four requirements:

1) Use the WAR racing rules. (Click here to read.) A lot of Banders put a tremendous effort into coming up with rules that work and have a reasonable chance of being enforced. If the race doesn't use the rules, it's a "fun run" and won't count in the rider standings. (You can use a modified set of these rules if you're doing a special type of race.)

2) Design maps with the WAR guidelines in mind. (Click here to read.) A race on a course that is too easy to cheat is a "fun run".

3) The race needs proper post-event reporting -- that means I'll need to know the name of the rider, horse's name and breed of all entries, the list of winners, the list of judge volunteers, and hopefully a couple of screenshots.

4)Anyone disqualified needs to be reported so that we don't let them race in the future. (I can share my current list but they're all well-known trolls.)

I'll be happy to advertise your race and put it in the calendars, whether it is a WAR-affiliated race or not. If it is a WAR race, I can try to help with prizes and such. Even hosting two races a year is wonderful!

For those who are interested, here are some articles I wrote awhile back...
How To Be A Race Master and How To Judge A Race.

We even have Horse and Talent Show Rules.

How easy is that! :)

Awarded:

I am willing to help as long as RL does not get in the way. I have only just begun helping out with these events, but they are fun and I would like to see them continue to exist. So I will try to make myself available to assist.

Hmmm, having shot off my mouth I may just need to run a race myself. I have an idea and will work on details. For the record, I do not intend to do something as part of the WAR season; it will be strictly for fun and bragging rights.

Working together we all benefit ~ Aldekim, Brambel - Lonely Mountain Band ~ Doribolger - Harp and Dragon (LMB alt kin) ~ Athilrond, Ahtook, Nellan, Elye, Sylduril, Nitnoy, Elduryl, Dironen - Clan Etal ~ Kaesy - Lonely Mountain Treasures (Byrdie alt kin)
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Lonely Mountain Band Forum Index -> Windy Acres Riding Club All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: