Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Lonely Mountain Band Forum Index -> Windy Acres Riding Club
View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Kiralynn
Kiralynn of Rohan
Officer

Awarded:

re: Spring Racing Carnival - Official Schedule

This is the schedule of events for the 2013 Spring Racing Carnival. All times are given in Landroval /servertime which is EST. Contact Kiralynn or Harperella with questions.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Friday, May 3

7:30pm - Pre-race music and festivities.
8:00pm - Mathom Cup qualifier horse race in Michel Delving

9:00pm - Pre-race festivities, music by Bright Star.
9:30pm - Moonstone Cup qualifier horse race in Duillond

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Saturday, May 4

11:30am - Pre-race festivities, music by Die Meisterbarden von Bree.
Noon - Mithril Cup qualifier horse race in Gondamon

1:30pm - Pre-race festivities, music by Breakfast Club.
2:00pm - Longbottom Leaf Cup qualifier horse race in Michel Delving

3:30pm - Pre-show festivities at the Horsefields near the festival grounds north of Bree, music by Die Meisterbarden von Bree.
4:00pm - Formation riding team demonstration and fireworks show.
4:30pm - Group ride from the Horsefields to Bree's town square.

5:00pm - Parade of rare horse breeds at Bree town hall.
5:30pm - Spring Racing Carnival concert, music by the Lonely Mountain Band.
6:30pm - Horse show (mounted fashion contest) at town hall. 5000 TP for first, 2500 TP for second, and 1000 Turbine Points for third place.
7:30pm - Bree Cup Championship Race – 300 gold and 5000 TP for first place, 100 gold and 2500 TP for second place, 75 gold and 1000 Turbine Points for third place.
8:00pm - Closing ceremonies.

Important Notes
Qualifier races have an entry fee of 1 gold. Sponsorships are available for young riders. Qualifier race prizes are 10 gold and 1000 TP for first place, 5 gold and 500 TP for second place, 3 gold and 100 Turbine Points for third place. Riders must win top three in a qualifier race to be invited to the Bree Championship Cup. Horse show registration will close once the raid group is full -- contact Kiralynn to register early before all slots are taken.

Last edited by Kiralynn of Rohan on 2013/05/05 8:30 am; edited 10 times in total

I've created an event to signup for helping for the Beryl Cup. Please sign up there if you want to help this coming weekend.

--Harper

Awarded:

How is this schedule looking to everyone? If we need to change it, now is the time to do it. After all, if the time is bad for our volunteers, we'll have to cancel events.

actually, that schedule looks pretty good from *my* perspective

I think the only issue I might point out, is the half hour you've assigned for the Bree Cup Championship Race, 'cuz I'm pretty sure IT'LL ONLY TAKE ME FIVE MINUTES TO WIN THAT RACE! OOOOH YEAH!!...

envy

but seriously, that looks like a pretty good schedule

for future reference, I think it might not be a bad idea, if at all possible, to schedule a just a couple more qualification races BEFORE the day-before/day-of the SRC itself - putting 4 of the 6 qualification races right before or during the SRC itself seems a little hasty - but I can imagine that you may have run out of available time slots this year - still, if the opportunity comes up next year, I'd recommend spreading out the qualifiers just a little bit more

since you asked

still, very much looking forward to all of this - when I get a moment, I'll update my list of horses for the horse parade

Officer

Awarded:

Andeon wrote:
I think it might not be a bad idea, if at all possible, to schedule a just a couple more qualification races BEFORE the day-before/day-of the SRC itself - putting 4 of the 6 qualification races right before or during the SRC itself seems a little hasty

There are a total of 6 qualifier races. One was earlier this month on a Wednesday. One is this Saturday. The other four are on two separate days. We can't actually have more than 6 qualifiers because we can't handle more than 18 riders due to raid limitations... and the limits of our judges to observe rider accurately.

TLDR: 1 on a Wednesday, 1 on a Saturday, then 2 on a Friday, 2 on a Saturday -- more spread out than it may appear.

no, I get that - my point was that the last 4 of 6 qualifier races are day before, and day of, the racing carnival itself - from my own point of view (as always), that seems a little tight schedule wise - but, again, as I said, I know you have limits on the times you're available to oversee the events

I was just saying that, for future SRC's, if you *could* find a way to spread the overall 6 races with a little more margin between them and the big event (say, keep one last qualifier race for friday, one for saturday of SRC, and spread the FOUR rather than TWO across the 4 weeks or so before hand), *I* would find the spread of available qualifiers a little more...comfortable

of course, as always, given your own schedule limitations, I can understand if that's not doable for you, but, you asked about our opinions of the schedule, so that's what I was passing on

or perhaps, I should say, it *sounded* like you were asking about our opinions on the schedule - I may have misinterpreted, or possibly exceeded the scope of your original question, but still, there it is

let me reiterate, however, that I sincerely appreciate whatever time slots you make available to us for the races - I realize you have your own limitations on schedule, and I appreciate every moment of time you can offer - I just thought I'd offer what would seem to me to be a slightly closer to *ideal* spread for the qualifier races

Officer

Awarded:

I totally agree with what you're saying about the schedule. I would love to spread things out over more days. However, finding a host and judges to volunteer is very difficult. Far more people like to participate in races than work at them. :)

Kiralynn of Rohan wrote:
I totally agree with what you're saying about the schedule. I would love to spread things out over more days. However, finding a host and judges to volunteer is very difficult. Far more people like to participate in races than work at them. :)

that's the problem with making a fun event that also keeps a leaderboard and prizes - if it were *just* fun, I'd switch between racing and judging whenever you needed it - but, someone's keeping score, which means I've got a rep to maintain, and that means having to race whenever possible

I promise, I ever find a way to do both at once, I'll be happy to race AND judge for you whenever I can make it, but until then, as always, I *prefer* to race, but I'll judge if it's "one more judge or no race for anyone" kinda situation

strangely, my biggest regret over your taking over Horse racing events, is that *you* don't get to participate much - maybe it's time to find yourself some assistants, and switch out who organizes during racing seasons, so we can put Kiralynn in among the racers :)

but that's for the future - for now, Thank you, and I'll see you at the race this Saturday

Officer

Awarded:

Andeon wrote:
that's the problem with making a fun event that also keeps a leaderboard and prizes - if it were *just* fun, I'd switch between racing and judging whenever you needed it - but, someone's keeping score, which means I've got a rep to maintain, and that means having to race whenever possible

It sounds like the system is working as intended -- I wanted to encourage riders to have regular attendance at events, and give them some feedback on their progress throughout the season. Although I don't get to race, I do get to stand at the finish line and watch the riders come in. It's quite thrilling!

Do we have anything on who will be performing for the Concert? I can submit something in Fionnuala's new lotromusic site this week, but I will not do so unless we know who is going to be playing. For the Lonely Mountain Free Press I am willing to post something to the effect of we are having a concert without such information, but I am not willing to ask a third party to post incomplete information. This thing is just 9 days away, perhaps it is time to firm this up.

Working together we all benefit ~ Aldekim, Brambel - Lonely Mountain Band ~ Doribolger - Harp and Dragon (LMB alt kin) ~ Athilrond, Ahtook, Nellan, Elye, Sylduril, Nitnoy, Elduryl, Dironen - Clan Etal ~ Kaesy - Lonely Mountain Treasures (Byrdie alt kin)
Kiralynn
Kiralynn of Rohan
Officer

Awarded:

There are mini concerts in front of each of the qualifier races, as well as the formation riding team performance, hopefully. The big musical event happens on Saturday before the race. I believe that Keli has volunteered to line up the musical entertainment for the SRC. (We could sure use the help. Thanks Keli!)

Awarded:

Well, I said I'd try :)

If no one else volunteers, I will try and cover off the final concert. A bit late for me but doable.

But that shouldn't preclude some more volunteers from LMB willing to play some music. It doesn't need a big band for the small concerts, 3 or 4 would do nicely.

Keli
Keli
Officer

Awarded:

A question - I understand the 30 minute pre race concerts but you also have musicians listed under the race part of the schedule. What is this?

Kiralynn
Kiralynn of Rohan
Officer

Awarded:

Keli wrote:
A question - I understand the 30 minute pre race concerts but you also have musicians listed under the race part of the schedule. What is this?

Just somebody to play music during the slow times of the race. Mainly while I'm going over the rules, taking riders on a pace lap, and reviewing screenshots with the judges. Those three times have a lot of thumb-twiddling for the audience. Even one musician here is fine.

Awarded:

Breakfast Club have said they will do the 11:30 slot as well as the 13:30 slot.

Waiting on 2 more bands for confirmation.

Have no one interested in 19:30 slot on May 3rd

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Lonely Mountain Band Forum Index -> Windy Acres Riding Club All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: