Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Lonely Mountain Band Forum Index -> Archives - Old News
View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page 1, 2  Next
Andeon
Officer

re: We're mad as heck!...

...and we're not gonna take it anymore!!!

***WARNING - DEBATEABLY INAPPROPRIATE LANGUAGE CONTAINED IN VIDEO***
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QMBZDwf9dok

so, as many of you have (hopefully) seen on the schedule, during the kinmeeting where we will be celebrating

FIVE (5) YEARS OF THE LONELY MOUNTAIN BAND!!

we will also be engaging in what is quickly becoming one of our traditions, the "Mad as heck" fun-run-mob!! 2 years ago, I believe we went on a rampage through goblin town, last year we rampaged through Dol Dinen, and this year, we're going to return to Dol Dinen, because we're *still* mad as heck, and Dol Dinen is still there!! So clearly, we need to make our point again!!

The Dol Dinen "Mad as Heck" run has a few simple rules
#1 - any level is welcome, but we cannot guarantee your safety, nor shall we be responsible for your fate! Dol Dinen is a roughly lvl 30ish area, but anyone, level 1-85, is welcome to join us - we can't guarantee you'll survive, but we won't turn you away! :)

#2 - this is a mob! not an army, not a company of warriors or adventurers! it's a mob - plain and simple, and as such, should be armed like a mob - acceptable weapons are typically any of the rep "weapons" available at the Micheal Delving reputation hall, i.e. butter knives, frying pans and pitchforks. If you can find an equally "simple" weapon to bring (I don't know if there are any torches available as weapons, but if you can find one, kudos). Beehives, Fish, Bales of Hay, rotten fruit, snowballs, what have you - weapons only available to the simplest of country bumpkins should be your only armaments! Those of you that use musical instruments as weapons are of course encouraged to bring the simplest, most common versions of whatever you can lay your hands on.

Anyone that wants to participate can call out in kinchat over the next week for help acquiring the items or the rep items necessary to get them - we have plenty of folks with large quantities of mathoms available to get you the minimum rep necessary to acquire these weapons, if you'd like to participate

#3 - offensive/defensive abilities. If you're lvl 40 or over, we would *strongly* encourage you to limit your offensive abilities to using only those basic weapons - your non-weapon based tactical skills should be shelved (they're just too efficient - and mobs are not noted for efficiency or skill) for the sake of entertainment, please.

HOWEVER...HEALERS!!! anyone with heals or debuffs (basically, any skill that doesn't damage the enemy) is more than welcome to be used at full capacity (including threat generation!!)

Raid's max out at 24 people, but if we have more than 24 folks, we'll split into multiple raids! Remember, in a raid, you won't have access to quest progression, so any quests you get for Dol Dinen/North Downs won't advance, as far as I know. I don't know about deeds, however...

#3 - "tactics - schmactics!" - we will not be battling in any particularly organized format, nor will we have a specific objective (beyond HEY THAT THING LOOKED AT ME GITIM!!!) although, there's definitely safety in numbers. People level 30 and under are encouraged to stick close to anyone well over level with threat generation skills, and suitable tanks are encouraged to take more vulnerable players under their wing, but there are no REQUIREMENTS to do so! It is a mob, after all ;)

#4 - COMPLAIN! RANT!! We're a mob, and we're mad as heck! I encourage people, this is your moment to vent about LOTRO - tired of LI grinding! Tell that Troll how much you hate deconning the same 50 LI's over and over and over again, whilst beating him(it?) over the head with a frying pan! Sick and tired of being unable to find a hat with enough feathers in it for your taste? Why oh why haven't they fixed the bug in your favorite instance! Time to tell the very people who have no power to change it, whilst beating them over the head with frying pans!!! Namely, Goblins and Trolls and Wargs and other fell monsters that must certainly deserve their fate for some reason

HOWEVER - Please remember to hold to our regular family-friendly language guidelines, and censor yourself during your complaints - *this* may not be particularly mob-ish behavior, but we still want to keep this event family friendly.

enjoy the event, play till you're tired of it then go do something else - It's a mob!! We're not keeping score, there's no pass fail - just have fun!

This sounds like so much fun! I shall have my pitchfork and farm outfit at the ready Those trolls won't stand a chance!!

Awarded:

Highly recommended! This was a heck of a lot of fun last year. I fried me some orcs and trolls with my frying pan back then and it still has dents from that.

And that makes me want to bang some more orcs on their heads! I AM MAD AS HECK, I TELL YOU!

This is a brilliant idea and I was so disappointed I missed this event last year. I work again this Sunday but might see what I can do to get off a bit early to get in on this event. A couple things - I assume the RP parameters will allow for hunters to still use ranged weapons as long as they are of the level 5ish grey starter variety that be bought from weapon vendors in Bree, or something similarly quaint - and also with U10 there is no longer any restriction on completing quests/deeds while in a raid, so anyone on level who needs to do the quest or those of us above level who could use the deeds will be able to do so. I really hope to be there =D
Sonca
Vulpes_Velox
Officer

Awarded:

OOOO my frying pan has been itching for some action against more orces since I forgot I still had it in hand in Mirkwood after ATX. The bacon tasted nasty the next day, but it was worth it.

I'll have my trusty sparkler in my off hand too. According to some people (*cough* Aldekim *cough*) I am quite good at sticking people with it! lol

I did join up with a mob in that little goblin enclave just north of Brockborings last fall. I do not think it was our kin that ran it, but there were a number of LMBers there anyway. It was a blast.

I'll be traited for healing to keep our lower level kinmates in the fight.

Haydnseek wrote:
A couple things - I assume the RP parameters will allow for hunters to still use ranged weapons as long as they are of the level 5ish grey starter variety that be bought from weapon vendors in Bree, or something similarly quaint

as it's a *mob*, there's really only one "rule" - MOB RULE!! that being said, if you really *want* to bring a bow, be my guest - we're not checking people at the door or anything - however, I'd like anyone who feels the need to bring bows and such, consider how many mobs you know of that bring martial weapons with them...so, consider handicapping yourself with less...deliberately obvious weapons...although if, in the end, you really still wish to bring a bow, feel free to do so. Like I said, no one's going to stop you.

Haydnseek wrote:
- and also with U10 there is no longer any restriction on completing quests/deeds while in a raid, so anyone on level who needs to do the quest or those of us above level who could use the deeds will be able to do so. I really hope to be there =D

Hooray! I didn't realize they'd lifted that requirement...so yes, in addition to deeds, you can even finish quests you might have in the north downs! Hooray for you!! :) now's an excellent time to stock up on Dol Dinen quest requirements if you'd like, and anyone that does so, please offer to share quests at the beginning of the raid, so those people that missed them might be able to get that little extra edge, if you'd be so kind!

Looking forward to seeing you all Sunday!!

I also forgot to mention - feel free to show up in your rattiest, nattiest, bumpkinest outfits you can imagine - remember, WE'RE A MOB!! goofy hats, animal masks, tattered cloaks, mismatched armor, bucket helmets and more, are not only welcome, but probably more appropriate now than ever before!!

We may even have a fashion contest for best dressed mob-ster! :) the voting, of course, will be utterly disorganized...I have a headache just thinking about it!! but we can give it a shot anyway!!

Andeon wrote:
as it's a *mob*, there's really only one "rule" - MOB RULE!! that being said, if you really *want* to bring a bow, be my guest - we're not checking people at the door or anything - however, I'd like anyone who feels the need to bring bows and such, consider how many mobs you know of that bring martial weapons with them...so, consider handicapping yourself with less...deliberately obvious weapons...although if, in the end, you really still wish to bring a bow, feel free to do so. Like I said, no one's going to stop you.

I can see hunters with bows being appropriate in an angry mob situation, similar to how the hobbit mob that overthrew Saruman upon Frodo's return to the Shire included archers - probably armed only with their meager hunting bows - that ultimately put an end to Grima Wormtoungue. Given that these were just simple gamesmen and not warriors, in addition to restricting my hunter to the most beginner bow in the game I would also restrict him to auto attacks and only one skill (probably Quickshot), which seems like the skill set a angry country mobster adept with a hunting bow might possess. Also I will remove all jewelry and armour, wearing only my cosmetic outfit. I'll probably bring my 85 hunter in this capacity if I am able to make it. If I am not able to get off a bit early from work I will get home probably around 6:30pm servertime, so please take your time at the kin meeting! tongue out
Kiralynn
Kiralynn of Rohan
Officer

Awarded:

I find the event to be much more entertaining with a low-level alt wielding a pitchfork. It's amazing how all those single points of damage add up!

it's a little short notice, but something else occurred to me - anyone that is wanting to (again, not nearly required, just an idea) grab yourself a single skirmish soldier landscape token (cheap on the store, and can even be bought with marks from the skirmish vendors) - captains bring your heralds, LM's bring your cats, dogs, badgers, snakes, crows, whatever those moss-vine-doggy-things are, glowy-balls-of-light...

wouldn't it be fun, for our mob, to BRING IT'S OWN MOB!!! I figure at some point, we'll whip out all the skirmish soldiers and pets, and send them off in one direction, while we go in another!

just an idea - if you have the time, grab some now!!! if you don't...don't cry about it! it's a mob - no one's keeping a record!

Awarded:

I am so sad.. I missed all the festivities today. On the plus side, the move is complete, and we are mostly set up again. I am so looking forward to a bit more play time again. I hope everyone had a grand time. Here's to another five years of banding.
Byrcha
LEADER

Awarded:

Aedon, the mtg/raid is on Sunday so you haven't missed it ... yet. wink

• main: Byrcha (pronounced: BUR-ka), Hobbit treasure-hunter

• Landroval alts: Braxwald, Brenthiel, & Hathellaith (LMB); Belyndil (Ales and Tales); Yahr (Lonely Mountain Brewery); Byrkhild, Byrchette, & Byrchetta (Secret Pie Vault); Byrwing (Sisters of the Moon); Byraen; Byrwen (Ithil refugee).

Aedon Durreah

Awarded:

HOORAY!!!
Lilikate

I'm mad as heck, class steeds are on offer and I still can't afford one!

Awarded:

I've a lovely frying pan and I'm ready to mob it up! Wooo!

Other games :: GW2 (Fayarra.4827) :: ESO (Fayarra26)
"...the thought pierced him that in the end the Shadow was only a small and passing thing:
there was light and high beauty for ever beyond its reach." ― J.R.R. Tolkien, The Return of the King
Lilikate

re: We're Mad as Heck! And we're not going to take it anymore!

Forum Image

Page 1 of 2

Jump to: