Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Lonely Mountain Band Forum Index -> Windy Acres Riding Club
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kiralynn
Kiralynn of Rohan
Officer

Awarded:

re: WANTED: War Steed Screenshots

I'm hoping to start a new weekly article on the Windy Acres Ranch web site. I want to feature good-looking war steeds to help people come up with cosmetic ideas. There are more good character cosmetic sites than steed sites, but we can fix that.

Please email me (kiralynn@roll3d6.com) or post high-resolution images of your favorite war steed outfits. The image must be at least 800 pixels wide and 600 pixels high. You're welcome to get artistic with the image as far as background, pose, and rider's outfit but please remember we really want to see the horse/pony.

Forum Image

Along with your photo submission, I will need to know:
* Coat color - IE: White, Light Grey, Grey, Steel Grey, Dark Gray, Charcoal, Sooty, Black, Blonde, Tan, Dun, Brown, Bay, Dark Bay, Liver Chestnut, Seal Brown, Sorrel, Blood Bay, Copper, Flaxen Chestnut, Chestnut, Dark Chestnut, Red Roan, or Black Chestnut.
* Mane/Tail color
* Coat style - Shaggy Roan, Overo, Dappled, Flea Bitten, Brindle, Bay, Solid, Tobiano or Spotted.
* Neck/Head piece & color
* Body/Caparison piece & color
* Legs piece & color
* Tail
* Saddle
* Gear

Feel free to submit the cosmetic pieces that make up your own outfit as well, if you like.

Thank you in advance!

Last edited by Kiralynn of Rohan on 2013/03/06 1:51 pm; edited 1 time in total

I have a few screenshots of Sig's warsteed already posted here. They are not as close up as your shot, but perhaps a little cropping could render them serviceable.

EDIT: About the details, the hide is dark grey, the main and tail black, tac color is all crimson, and there are assorted quest reward tac pieces strewn about multiple images. There are no class mount or store mount tacs.
Byrcha
LEADER

Awarded:

I or someone with more talent will have to take pix of my fashionable war pony someday.

Yes, the prices are disconcerting. Even at VIP, with TP piling up each month, I am only willing to spend for these when they are on sale. And the sales appear to be fewer and farther between than they were last year. I thought the prices would come down if not enough people purchased these things at outrageous prices, but apparently enough people purchase them at the outrageous prices to make it viable for Turbine to continue. Maybe some sales will come up during the upcoming festivals. Otherwise I'll continue to wait (and grind for festival horse cosmetics, since those cost me time but not money).

• main: Byrcha (pronounced: BUR-ka), Hobbit treasure-hunter

• Landroval alts: Braxwald, Brenthiel, & Hathellaith (LMB); Belyndil (Ales and Tales); Yahr (Lonely Mountain Brewery); Byrkhild, Byrchette, & Byrchetta (Secret Pie Vault); Byrwing (Sisters of the Moon); Byraen; Byrwen (Ithil refugee).

Kiralynn
Kiralynn of Rohan
Officer

Awarded:

I'm happy to take screenshots for folks who need it. My computer doesn't do the highest res screenshots, but they're good 'nuf.

I am trying to get several things for the upcoming Galloping Gala, so wish me luck -- all mounts/cosmetics available in the store, discount coupons for those who attend SRC events, mount codes to give away as prizes. Even if we don't get that, I'll certainly have a lot of TP to give away.

Still, $30 to $40 for a fully decked out war steed is a lot to pay. Should we start a petition in the LOTRO forums to lower the prices?

re: Cash Shops

Kiralynn of Rohan wrote:
I'm happy to take screenshots for folks who need it. My computer doesn't do the highest res screenshots, but they're good 'nuf.

I am trying to get several things for the upcoming Galloping Gala, so wish me luck -- all mounts/cosmetics available in the store, discount coupons for those who attend SRC events, mount codes to give away as prizes. Even if we don't get that, I'll certainly have a lot of TP to give away.

Still, $30 to $40 for a fully decked out war steed is a lot to pay. Should we start a petition in the LOTRO forums to lower the prices?

I can mostly vouch for the cash shop on STO. The reason being is C-Store purchases are all bind on use/equip meaning a player can sell them to another. In essence, the cost of Star Trek Online truly scales with a person's play time. Problem with the LOTRO store will fall back on the newest players who DON'T have accrued Turbine points. The economics of LOTRO is completely backwards now. A player who purchased a life time sub 5 years ago may have spent around $400.00 including sub and content expansions all the while accumulating TPs. I who played just under 2 years spent $120.00 in subscription fees along with the occasional points purchases putting my costs at a cool $250.00. A brand new player who joins the game right now can easily blow that then some within a year. To say LOTRO is free is only a misnomer at best. At best LOTRO is an unlimited free trial.

Officer

Awarded:

re: Re: Cash Shops

Herbigharo wrote:
At best LOTRO is an unlimited free trial.

I don't consider cosmetics part of the F2P equation, because simply put... they don't affect game play at all and you don't need them. However, most expansions cost more TP than you can realistically earn with quest and deed completion on one character. Fortunately, if you keep your eyes open for a good sale, you can pick up a batch of them for relatively cheap. (The Steam deal was particularly sweet!) Overall I think everything in the Store is over-priced, but who knows... maybe a lot of people are making regular purchases at those prices.

When you're out and about in Rohan, do you see many people who have obviously purchased equipment dyes, coat colors, coat styles, and tack? Are most of the horses the default pale gray color?

re: Re: Cash Shops

Kiralynn of Rohan wrote:
Herbigharo wrote:
At best LOTRO is an unlimited free trial.

I don't consider cosmetics part of the F2P equation, because simply put... they don't affect game play at all and you don't need them. However, most expansions cost more TP than you can realistically earn with quest and deed completion on one character. Fortunately, if you keep your eyes open for a good sale, you can pick up a batch of them for relatively cheap. (The Steam deal was particularly sweet!) Overall I think everything in the Store is over-priced, but who knows... maybe a lot of people are making regular purchases at those prices.

When you're out and about in Rohan, do you see many people who have obviously purchased equipment dyes, coat colors, coat styles, and tack? Are most of the horses the default pale gray color?

It's about 50-50. Many players seem to ride their standard horses in-town then only use the warsteeds for combat only. Unless a player has had a subscription for quite some time, the only option is to cough up $45.00 in TP. I'm guessing most players dress only one cosmetic slot using points obtained via monthly grants.

Awarded:

Body: Light Caparison of the Norcrofts (Orange)
Feet: Light Leggings of the Norcrofts (Orange)
Light Saddle of the Entwash
Vagabond's Accessories
Simple Tail (White)
Solide Warsteed Hide (Tan)

Name: Synnfola

Forum Image
Forum Image
Forum Image
Forum Image

Alts include: Tinaith the Elven Huntress, Dereborn the Loremaster of Gondor.
Keli
Keli
Officer

Awarded:

Not much to say here. I tried all the Rohan gear and didn't like it much so all I've done is dye the Steed black and apply the Steed of the Guardian gear.

Forum Image

Right click, save then open to see full screen image

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Lonely Mountain Band Forum Index -> Windy Acres Riding Club All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: