Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Lonely Mountain Band Forum Index -> Windy Acres Riding Club
View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Anthemisi
Anthemisi

Awarded:

re: Formation Riding Performance

View of experienced one is always good! Thank you Byrcha.

veteranlurker wrote:
1. Perhaps have the sign-up for the horse show happen during musical mentoring (i.e. during announcements)?

This is the wisest point!

veteranlurker wrote:
2. Poetry. If we're inviting folks to 'perform', I'd suggest assigning them a time slot like we do for the regular acts (e.g. after OW opener, before announcements/mentoring) so that they get everyone's undivided attention.

It seems, poems will replace the original acts, but won't it be too boring just poems? Some backgound music can be made, may be...Also we need 3 performers for poems, may selected from OW players?

And the chat channel would be useful to contact with just riding team, and in raid they just listen and do what needed?

Great suggestions worth doing!

Kiralynn of Rohan
Officer

Awarded:

I am guessing that the riding team will be fine sharing Raid with OW. That sounds like a good idea.

Hopefully the riding team can /joinchannel RidingTeam in case we need separate chat.

I'll just let Anthemisi tell me when to start a particular event, and I'll coordinate the riders from there.

On a side note, does anyone have an idea for a good song to play during the parade? I'd like something up-beat and energetic. If it's not too late to download and give this a try... two to five musicians...

http://roll3d6.com/abc/25-beerhorses.txt (Toby Keith's "Beer For My Horses")

At three and a half minutes, that will hopefully cover the whole parade. It's a little rough sounding, but it is equestrian-themed. What do you think?

Awarded:

I like the new song Kiralynn, the trouble will be whether everyone can download it, finagle it into abc, rebuild songbook, and reload songbook. If it doesn't happen, we should have a backup plan. I've corralled about a half-hour's worth of equestrian-ish songs, plus some backups. How long do you think the parade portion will be?

• main: Byrcha (pronounced: BUR-ka), Hobbit treasure-hunter

• Landroval alts: Braxwald, Brenthiel, & Hathellaith (LMB); Belyndil (Ales and Tales); Yahr (Lonely Mountain Brewery); Byrkhild, Byrchette, & Byrchetta (Secret Pie Vault); Byrwing (Sisters of the Moon); Byraen; Byrwen (Ithil refugee).

Kiralynn
Kiralynn of Rohan
Officer

Awarded:

veteranlurker wrote:
I like the new song Kiralynn, the trouble will be whether everyone can download it, finagle it into abc, rebuild songbook, and reload songbook. If it doesn't happen, we should have a backup plan. I've corralled about a half-hour's worth of equestrian-ish songs, plus some backups. How long do you think the parade portion will be?

When we practiced the parade on Wednesday, it took approximately 3 minutes and 45 seconds to complete. A four minute song, or four minutes of songs played very closely back-to-back, would cover it.

The song I posted is in ABC. The extension is just .txt to make it easy to grab from a web page. You can just change it to .abc and it will work fine. (LOTRO will play it with either file name extension.) I didn't know if OW might release an update just before A&T each week. (Andune emails everybody weekly updates, so I probably just assumed every bandleader does, sorry.)

Awarded:

I did copy/paste it into ABC player and had a listen, then saved it without incident. Just a question of whether all OWers can/will do so before gametime on Monday.

I rely on the LMB playlist and (thus far) don't post anything separate in advance (usually because I am compiling the list on Monday evening). I make up a list and send the songs/parts to musicians in-raid. I intend to have a playlist put together before Monday, but I am not yet sophisticated enough to post it on another site. However, I could post it into the A&T google doc ... I might give that a try again.

• Landroval alts: Braxwald, Brenthiel, & Hathellaith (LMB); Belyndil (Ales and Tales); Yahr (Lonely Mountain Brewery); Byrkhild, Byrchette, & Byrchetta (Secret Pie Vault); Byrwing (Sisters of the Moon); Byraen; Byrwen (Ithil refugee).

Kiralynn
Kiralynn of Rohan
Officer

Awarded:

I'll be happy even if all the songs are from the LMB playlist. At least we know about how much music is needed to cover the parade. Please just don't play anything slow and calm. We'll need more music for the horse show, about 30 minutes for that, just in case it runs long.

If OW is going to play the music for the formation riding, they are going to need to download the new version of Chetwood Hills, though. We could really use that, to free up riding team members for performing in other ways. The proper version is over 5 minutes long.

http://roll3d6.com/abc/1-chethills.txt

Awarded:

OK, let's see if I have the order of events down ...

starting at 9:30 ...

OW opening set (10 min)

Poems and other acts (20 min)

Announcements + Mentoring + Horse Show Signup (15 min)

Performance Rider Intro (5 minutes)

Horse Parade (5 minutes)

Riding Performance (5 minutes)

Horse Show (30 minutes)

So, that leaves approx 20 minutes for the poetry and any other acts that sign up. Any acts beyond that should be asked to play after the horse show, so that the horse show can be completed by 11. Do I have this right?

OW will play the opening set, plus background for the Announcements/Mentoring/Signup (this can be Lenn solo, or the group, or both; sort of the 'dance set'), plus the parade (25-beerhorses), plus the performance (1-chethills), plus the horse show. Maybe a break from music for 5 minutes during the rider intro will help, since this is the time when the audience has to turn around to face the field?

Anthemisi
Anthemisi

Awarded:

veteranlurker wrote:
OK, let's see if I have the order of events down ...

OW opening set (10 min)

Horse Parade (5 minutes)

Horse Show (30 minutes)

Exactly! That's all! I'll calculate timing of poems soon, will let you know about taking acts or not. Crossed my toes for a smooth show.

Kiralynn of Rohan
Officer

Awarded:

I'm confused. I thought we had agreed on this order, as some of our team can't stay that late...

OW opening set (10 min)

Horse Parade (5 minutes)

Horse Show (30 minutes)

Awarded:

Due to Formation riding team's emergency, we'll delay mentoring, so loosing pupils and others better than loosing riders.
This won't be a normal A&T, so, Formation Riding will begin as soon as after OW, I think the rest will go according to plan...

Anthemisi

Awarded:

The original plan of Kiralynn,

Quote:

1) Nibbles and Nobs - Open mic at the festival grounds. (The riders want some privacy to warm up at the sports arena.)

2) You announce the beginning of A&T and people move to the sports arena.

3) OW performs 3-4 songs as the opening act.

4) The entire riding team comes out onto the field and does their salutes/rear-ups/etc.

5) I let the crowd know that we're the riding team, explain that we'll be doing a horse parade, a formation riding demonstration, and a mounted fashion contest. I announce that we'll do the parade first.

6) We do the horse parade with fireworks. (Cremello/Perlino, Inn/Harvest, Seasons, Rohan)

7) I ride out and announce the formation riding demonstration. We do that.
(Will OW be playing our version of Chetwood Hills?)

8) We shoot a few fireworks as the team leaves the field I ride out and tell everyone that it's time for the horse show.
(While I take sign-ups and tell contestants the rules, perhaps one or two poets could recite their works, or OW could play a song or two? It's boring watching me stand there and scan through /tells for sign-ups.)

9) I call folks out onto the field to show off their outfits as quickly as possible, call the whole group out onto the field (stage), take votes, award the prizes, and take screenshots.
10) The riding team comes out one last time, turning toward the audience, and each person bowing or saluting as I shout, "Let's hear it for [NAME]!" We clear the field.

During 8-may be? Announcements and news, instrument mentoring, that sort of thing.

It would be proper to fill transitions with poems, if we have time, the rest would be dance set or performances of volunteers...
Priority is formation riding teams, due to time.

LEADER

Awarded:

Anthe, no need to cut anything, it has just been reordered.

Anthemisi
Anthemisi

Awarded:

veteranlurker wrote:
Anthe, no need to cut anything, it has just been reordered.

I think I didn't cut anything, did I?
I'm not fan of planning things without seeing the atmosphere, there will be last minute changes, I'm sure!
All I understand is we'll do things due to Kiralynn's first plan...
And we'll wait and see!

RannaDylin
High Officer

Awarded:

Could we perhaps reduce the OW opening set to just the A&T theme song for this occasion? I'm concerned that any regular A&T performers who come with something prepared may feel slighted if we don't have time for all of the non-stage crew acts that want to sign up...It has happened that way before when we had an unusual order of events, e.g. when we had Kaleigh's extra long story and ran out of time for some of the other acts that had signed up. I know one of the performers who was on the program to play a song that night, and then got told we would have to cut it because we were out of time, hasn't performed at A&T since. I don't know if that's due to feeling slighted or just a change in that person's schedule, but the main concept of A&T has always been to have the audience become the performers, and I think the current schedule for this special edition is cutting back on that too much. With OW playing for all the equestrian special events, no one will feel they've missed out on their weekly dose of OW if we cut the opener set short... :-) Of course, if we then have one of those weeks where we have a hard time getting the audience to sign up as performers, we could always put those extra OW opener songs back in at the end as an impromptu dance set!

Awarded:

We can shorten the opener to just the theme song. But "Horse With No Name" will have to bump something from the horse show set -- what would a horse-themed show be without that song?

But we will still have a shortened set for sign-up acts. Perhaps we should limit acts to just one song/story/poem/whatever for this week (some people sign up and then do a couple songs, which would bump out others)? Also, if we're really concerned about turning folks away, perhaps we should ask LMBers to play only if others don't sign up?

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Lonely Mountain Band Forum Index -> Windy Acres Riding Club All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: