Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Lonely Mountain Band Forum Index -> Archives - Old News
View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Lien Skywillow

re: Shinarra

Just passing on a message from Emberleaf (not sure of her character name, sorry):

I ran into Shinarra a time or two myself, and she was always very kind and generous with her time and resources. My condolences for the loss of such a sweet spirit.
Ealthina

While a fairly new member and, only have met Shin during a couple events, I pass on both me and my families deepest well wishes and prayers to the family. While I am out on RL business and do not get to play as near as often as I like LMB has proven to be a wonderful family.

Wuin Starbreaker

The family of Mike & Donna Barnes
Keli
Keli
Officer

Awarded:

My, somewhat inadequate, post is at http://keli.wordpress.com/2012/09/11/on-the-passing-of-a-kinmate/

Berynand

Keli wrote:
My, somewhat inadequate, post is at http://keli.wordpress.com/2012/09/11/on-the-passing-of-a-kinmate/

Thank you, Keli. That is beautiful.
Byrcha
LEADER

Awarded:

gaiagil wrote:
I wanted to let everyone know that Pennirose will be going in Shinarra's characters to set things in order. On Sunday, she will most likely delete the characters with Shin in the name as a symbolic gesture.

I thought it better everyone knew this in advance of it happening in game.

A reminder as this is happening in-game would also be appreciated, in case folks forget or miss reading it on the forums.

• main: Byrcha (pronounced: BUR-ka), Hobbit treasure-hunter

• Landroval alts: Braxwald, Brenthiel, & Hathellaith (LMB); Belyndil (Ales and Tales); Yahr (Lonely Mountain Brewery); Byrkhild, Byrchette, & Byrchetta (Secret Pie Vault); Byrwing (Sisters of the Moon); Byraen; Byrwen (Ithil refugee).

Floradine
Officer

Awarded:

Yes, I think will will post the official invite today.

gaiagil wrote:
On Sunday, she will most likely delete the characters with Shin in the name as a symbolic gesture.

Yours in sorrow,
Gaiagil

Not sure if it was thought about but if the Character "Shinarra" is deleted doesn't that give the option for another player to create a character by the same name? Just a thought.

Far Apart but Never Alone (RIP Shinarra)

Awarded:

xKOJACKx wrote:
gaiagil wrote:
On Sunday, she will most likely delete the characters with Shin in the name as a symbolic gesture.

Yours in sorrow,
Gaiagil

Not sure if it was thought about but if the Character "Shinarra" is deleted doesn't that give the option for another player to create a character by the same name? Just a thought.

Far Apart but Never Alone (RIP Shinarra)

Oh, that is true, and I would hate that.

Kiralynn
Kiralynn of Rohan
Officer

Awarded:

I don't mind locking down the name. I only play one character, so I have plenty of slots open.

Awarded:

I also had the same thought yesterday when I read this.

If there is the need to make this virtual world match the real world the characters should be deleted. Then they should be recreated as level 1's in the character creation screen but never logged into the game. Then some really complicated passwords would be needed to lock down the account as secure as possible. But indeed, the possibility of an account hack would still exist but would be very unlikely because the characters are not visible anywhere. One would only find out about their existence by incidentally trying to create a new character with the exact same name.

At some point in time, when the Lotro-Servers are finally shut down these characters would leave this world, too. But it might only be in some years.

Looks like virtual "deaths" are far more complicated than real ones... Geez, that sounds really bad and strange even to me who is long used to the implications of virtual reality (through some books and of course, games).

Hi. I just found out "Shinarra" is probably in people's friends list, so I've changed my mind. Even though Mom is gone now, I think it might be better to not delete her. That way, everybody can still see her main character's name in their friends list for as long as they want, and they can remove her when they're ready. And, like somebody just posted, it will prevent anybody else from using her name.

One of the officers last night recommended I transfer all of her stuff to her alts so I can use everything if I decide to keep playing. I think I'll follow her advice. I don't know when I'll log on to Shinarra though. Probably not until later this week. It's going to be hard to do, so I'll probably just wait awhile. If you would like, I can remove her from the kin before I do so, if it would make things easier for you all while I'm transferring her stuff.

Also, I didn't realize you could see where she was when she last logged out. Mom and Estellost had a special place they liked to go to together and talk. This place had special meaning to her, and it meant a lot to us when he showed it to us, because the special meanings are the same special meanings to her family. I think I'm going to put her there when I log her out for the final time. In a symbolic way, I think it would be most appropriate.
`Tinki`
Officer

Bless your heart Pennirose. Whatever you decide is fine with us at LMB. Just reading more of these posts make tears well up. I pray you and family grow in love towards each other at this time.

Master of BOOT,..but otherwise at your service,....And your families.

amdireth

It is so kind of you to think of others first. I agree with Tinki whatever you want to do willall be ok with us. I am glad to keep Shinarra on my friend list and glad her toon will be "put to rest" in the special spot. I don't think I'lbe able to go to the memorial because it's too early for when I can I think but please Ill be thinking of you and every one. (editted to fix typos)

Pennirose wrote:
Hi. I just found out "Shinarra" is probably in people's friends list, so I've changed my mind. Even though Mom is gone now, I think it might be better to not delete her. That way, everybody can still see her main character's name in their friends list for as long as they want, and they can remove her when they're ready. And, like somebody just posted, it will prevent anybody else from using her name.

One of the officers last night recommended I transfer all of her stuff to her alts so I can use everything if I decide to keep playing. I think I'll follow her advice. I don't know when I'll log on to Shinarra though. Probably not until later this week. It's going to be hard to do, so I'll probably just wait awhile. If you would like, I can remove her from the kin before I do so, if it would make things easier for you all while I'm transferring her stuff.

Also, I didn't realize you could see where she was when she last logged out. Mom and Estellost had a special place they liked to go to together and talk. This place had special meaning to her, and it meant a lot to us when he showed it to us, because the special meanings are the same special meanings to her family. I think I'm going to put her there when I log her out for the final time. In a symbolic way, I think it would be most appropriate.

Awarded:

I got thinking about this last night too. Should I pass away, I would hate if my characters were deleted.
I would like my son to keep them, even if he doesn't play them, though I would like to think he would. It would be a way to honor a very important part of my life.
Even a name change would be better than deleting.
Tobing Tumblefoot

I havent been very active lately in Lotro (and definately not on the forums), and I'm not quite sure if I have met Shinarra, but I think I have, but anyhow this is still very sad to read, my prayers are with you.

I must add that I get a warm feeling in my heart when I see all the support from the kin, lovely to see

- Argwulf
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Lonely Mountain Band Forum Index -> Archives - Old News All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 8 of 9

Jump to: