Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Lonely Mountain Band Forum Index -> Other Worlds
View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page 1, 2  Next

Will you be playing GW2?
Yes, and I'd like to help form a LMB-sponsored guild
45%
 45%  [ 15 ]
Yes, but with a different/existing guild
9%
 9%  [ 3 ]
Yes, but mostly solo
9%
 9%  [ 3 ]
No
36%
 36%  [ 12 ]
Total Votes : 33

Harperella
High Officer

re: LMB in GW2

I'd like to take some numbers on how many banders are likely to be splitting their time with GW2, and if it is worth it to create a LMB mirror guild there.

--Harper

Awarded:

Answered Solo as GW2 will just be an occasional game for me I think.

I'm also torn because I belong to The Older Gamers guild which cover a multitude of games (I play with them on Evernight). But I do love my LMB buddies so if you did create an LMB.....

Harperella
High Officer

I'm in the same boat, Keli. And I wouldn't have even mentioned it, but I think between now and RoR launch there is less than usual to do in LOTRO. It means I'm going to spend more time in GW2, and I'd love to see some of my friends there. I read something about a "multiple-guild" system and so it sounds like forming an LMB guild might be akin to just another chat channel. Here's some of the few quotes I found on the subject:
Gamespy wrote:

This extends to Guild Wars 2's multiple-guild system, which allows you to be a member of multiple guilds at once. This should be a good thing. Over the years, I've amassed a diverse group of MMO friends: some are into hardcore raiding content, some are into player-versus player-combat, and some are into roleplay. I say with little hesitation that most of the guys from one group would never get along with players from the other two, and supposedly such a system would allow me to participate in events with each of them without excluding one of the others. Yet at the same time, I worry that it will harm the little sense of a tight community that exists in contemporary MMORPGs. Take World of Warcraft -- the server community there has been watered down with cross-server group finders and the like, but it's still possible to have a strong sense of allegiance there with a guild. Guild Wars 2 may not.

GW guru thread wrote:

Yes you be member of multi guilds on multi servers

When you log in you choose which guild you represent. You can easily change this in game if you go from pve f.e. to pvp and want to represent another guild

GW2guru FAQ thread wrote:

Can I join different guilds on the same character?
Yes, you can.

Can I join different guilds on different characters?
Yes, you can.

Can I join the same guild on different characters?
Yes, you can.

Can I reserve my GW1 guild's name?
No..\

So it sounds like it won't hurt to start a Lonely Mountain Band kinship in GW2. If we have low attendance, perhaps we can just make a LMB night to all meet up in our LMB mirror guild.

--Harper

I cannot say how much I would play the game, but will probably purchase it. (cause Im addicted to games)

Master of BOOT,..but otherwise at your service,....And your families.

hammino

I do want to play GW2, but I never played guildwars so I don't know anything about it, I didn't get to pre-order it, and with my new car situation. I might have to wait till my next payday before I can buy it. So I might play it sometime next month. But I would be interested in a GW2 LMB guild

I'm in! The Rangers have been having a similar conversation, so if we want, we can pool with them, but as you noted, one can join multiple guilds anyway...

Hamm, I had never played GW either, although when I started getting excited about GW2, I dld and did a free trial. It was dreadful... Hated it... So, don't be too concerned about that stopping you.

Here are the drawbacks to GW2:
-It's Tyria, not Middle Earth
-No musical ability
No LMB Well, fixin that

Dannigan
Officer

Awarded:

As mentioned in a previous thread, Kaerri and I will definitely be spending a good deal of time in Guild Wars 2. LotRO and GW2 For The Win! =)

Honor and fun,
Dannigan a.k.a. Mithrilfist

"No language is justly studied merely as an aid to other purposes. It will in fact better serve other purposes, philological or historical, when it is studied for love, for itself." - J.R.R. Tolkien, English and Welsh (1955)
http://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/J._R._R._Tolkien

My Lonely Mountain Band characters include Dannigan (main, 100th-level Human Warden), Briamil (95th-level Elven Rune-keeper), Gori "Mithrilfist" Brightforge (95th-level Dwarven Champion), Mithrilfists (also Gori, 60th-level Dwarven Guardian), and Whittle (95th-level Hobbit Hunter). Far apart, never alone! =)
Carica
Carica Zoi
Chicken Officer

Awarded:

Where's the "Maybe" option? tongue out

re: Definitely.

I will definitely be playing GW2. Already purchased and downloaded, just waiting for the head start to launch.

I'm not sure how the GW2 server situation is going to work. Are there different servers? If so, which one will the LMB be on?

LOTRO will no doubt continue to be my "main" game, once the new wears off of GW2 anyway.

"I have claimed that Escape is one of the main functions of fairy-stories, and since I do not disapprove of them, it is plain that I do not accept the tone of scorn or pity with which 'Escape' is now so often used. Why should a man be scorned if, finding himself in prison, he tries to get out and go home? Or if he cannot do so, he thinks and talks about other topics than jailers and prison-walls?"
-JRR Tolkien, On Fairy-Stories

Getting in Shape for Dragon*Con
Alinniel
carimac

Awarded:

I'm all for an LMB guild. From what I understand guilds can be cross server. Eventually they will have the guesting service where your friends can pull you over to play on their server. You are just unable to join in PvP and WvWvW on your guest server. The guesting is coming in a later patch after launch until then server transfers will be free.

Two days and counting sqeeeee.

Alinniel Level 75 Elf Minstrel Celebari Level 17 Elf Runekeeper Arellith Level 31 Woman Burgler Eustoma Level 18 Hunter and many other characters I'm trying out. Yes I'm an altaholic. Blog: Glimpses from Other Lands

Anarwald
Officer

Awarded:

An LMB guild sounds fun -- if enough of us are playing GW2, it certainly wouldn't hurt to form one.

I've been playing on Tarnished Coast during all the BWEs... however, I may end up on Jade Quarry on the actual release date, because many of my friends/acquaintances from the Landroval PvMP scene are planning to form a guild there. If that fails, I'll probably be playing solo most of the time. I'm not really planning to give up LotRO time for GW2 at this point. :)

If -- as I suspect -- most of us are going to play GW2 casually and not too often, an LMB group there may not see much action. However, it would be nice to have a way to find each other. Perhaps we could even organize a kin GW2 night -- I'd be up for guesting on whatever server you all choose, if we ever decide to do that.

Awarded:

Just like Carica said, Maybe. Do we have some kinnies who are already adept with the game and can host like little classes for the people who haven't even sniffed GW2? Though I won't play it if you need to pay to play right away... My toe needs a dippin' before I pay! :P

/maybe

Known as=
Landroval: Mianda, Trignee, and Lahluna
Crickhollow: Emegas, Emalynn, Emberlee, Elestor, and Emilien
Harperella
High Officer

I'm thinking of something like "LMB GW2 Day" where banders log in as LMB for the day. I really don't have the energy to maintain a full time guild in 2 games, but I could see the use in having a day we pick for meet ups. If Banders want to sign in as LMB on the other days, that's fine too, but picking a single timespan will ensure you've got some friendly faces there some of the time at least. Then the more committed types can go find more committed guilds, and the casual tourists types (like me) can meet up with friends periodically.

--Harper

I am new to the LMB, and technically still a 'recruit', so I hope I am not being too impertinent here. I have beta tested GW2 a bit during each of the beta-test weekends (I pre-purchased GW2). If you are interested, the Tarnished Coast server is considered to be the North American 'RP server' (I made my 2 beta test characters there). The 'fall back' RP server, if Tarnished Coast becomes full, is designated as Stormbluff Isle. The information source comes from the site Guildwars2roleplayers.com. I recommend you check out this site.
`Tinki`
Officer

Thanks Lomeran! That informed me to lean towards that server for our possible LMB server. Has that been decided yet Harp?

Master of BOOT,..but otherwise at your service,....And your families.

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Lonely Mountain Band Forum Index -> Other Worlds All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: