Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Lonely Mountain Band Forum Index -> Windy Acres Riding Club
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kiralynn
Kiralynn of Rohan
Officer

Awarded:

re: Horse Session Play - Need your help!

Hello!

I would like to put together a comprehensive guide to horse session play. I'll post it on the Windy Acres Site and here. I don't have access myself, so I am hoping that some of the lucky LMB pre-order folks will share what they know.

In particular, I got this question via email, "After I complete the horse session play in the new RoR pre-order, Eogar doesn’t seem to want to bestow any more deeds (but I think he is supposed to). [What do I do next?]"

Please post the information you have and I will compile it together into a single guide.
Thank you for your help! :)

Awarded:

I don't have access to it either, so I can't help with your question. But for what it's worth, several people have been busy adding a lot of the information at lotro-wiki. This page has an outline and links to the deeds and the individual quests involved, if that's any help to you: http://lotro-wiki.com/index.php/Category:Discovering_the_Descendant_Quests

A bevy of other characters, as listed at my lotro-wiki page
Kaerri
Kaerri
Officer

Awarded:

I've been told Eogar only gives two quests per day, though they change from day to day.

Herding to the Lone-Lands quest:
Seemed pretty straight-forward to me. Follow the arrows on your compass map and you'll be fine.
Spoiler text is more explanatory, for help in the guide.Spoiler (Click To Show):
Follow the quest arrow to Radagast's horse, then out to Weatherstock. Picking up the herbs spawns the crebain, one per herb. Back-kick them off the side for giggles!

I did notice that when in combat as the horse, using an attack skill didn't automatically put me into auto-attack as it usually does.

Not a session quest, but still part of the deed: the Every Last Drop quest gave me some issues, so after finding the answers I thought I'd share.
Spoiler (Click To Show):
The order is Bobby, Billy, Lizzie, Henry. I suppose the quest dialogue is supposed to be the clue, but if so they got the first two mixed up. Also, you need to take the water to the horse's bucket, not the horse him- or herself.

More thoughts as I do more quests.

EDIT:Added Lone-lands info.

Last edited by Kaerri on 2012/07/02 12:30 pm; edited 1 time in total

Awarded:

The only quest I am having trouble with is Herding to the North Downs. I tried it once and just could not for the life of me find the way. Lotro-wiki.com isn't exactly forthcoming with ideas either. The other quests thus far (like those Kaerri has mentioned) are fun-enough though. =)

Honor and fun,
Mithrilfist a.k.a. Dannigan

"No language is justly studied merely as an aid to other purposes. It will in fact better serve other purposes, philological or historical, when it is studied for love, for itself." - J.R.R. Tolkien, English and Welsh (1955)
http://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/J._R._R._Tolkien

My Lonely Mountain Band characters include Dannigan (main, 100th-level Human Warden), Briamil (95th-level Elven Rune-keeper), Gori "Mithrilfist" Brightforge (95th-level Dwarven Champion), Mithrilfists (also Gori, 60th-level Dwarven Guardian), and Whittle (95th-level Hobbit Hunter). Far apart, never alone! =)
Kaerri
Kaerri
Officer

Awarded:

Herding to the North Downs (session play quest):
Spoiler (Click To Show):
The Ranger's Horse is on the east side of Esteldin, where the Craft Hall is. He's on ground level, a little ways to the left as you're facing the craft hall door. After that, follow the quest arrow to get to the traps. Disabling the traps spawns the orcs - see note below for orc fun here.

Feed for the Horses (not session play):
Spoiler (Click To Show):
Similar to the one in Combe. All you need to do is find 3 bags of feed fit for equine consumption within the time limit, then bring them back to Eogar. I started at the left and worked my way clockwise around the farm, and didn't have any difficulty finishing by the time limit.

Also, Dannigan and I have discovered a new game: Orc Tag! See, one of the horse combat skills is a powerful back kick, which does a flying knockback to your target. Horse session play being like chicken session play (in that you're in the open world, not an instance), you can play with each other! Dann and I had a total blast knocking orcs at each other!

Last edited by Kaerri on 2012/07/07 6:24 pm; edited 2 times in total

Awarded:

Kaerri wrote:
Also, Dannigan and I have discovered a new game: Orc Tag!

Yes! We had a really good time making a game-within-a-game! Now the Esteldin quest has gone from being my least-favorite to my most! Orc Tag For The Win! Ha ha! =)

Also, Kaerri and I did a speed comparison with Kaerri as the Descendant and Dannigan on a +68% mount. The Descendant blew by my mount faster than a stable mount (or so I imagined... so... I jumped on a stable mount).

The Descendant (without using the speed buff) outran the stable mount, hooves down. Then once Kaerri "punched it" (used the speed buff), she was gone. I will be quite surprised if we get to use these skills around Middle-earth (in non-Session play), as the only benefit any of Dann's 63 mounts have over the Descendant in terms of performance is the goat's ability to travel underground. =)

And we get to customize the Descendant come Riders of Rohan launch! Woop-woop! =)

Honor and fun,
Mithrilfist a.k.a. Dannigan

"No language is justly studied merely as an aid to other purposes. It will in fact better serve other purposes, philological or historical, when it is studied for love, for itself." - J.R.R. Tolkien, English and Welsh (1955)
http://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/J._R._R._Tolkien

My Lonely Mountain Band characters include Dannigan (main, 100th-level Human Warden), Briamil (95th-level Elven Rune-keeper), Gori "Mithrilfist" Brightforge (95th-level Dwarven Champion), Mithrilfists (also Gori, 60th-level Dwarven Guardian), and Whittle (95th-level Hobbit Hunter). Far apart, never alone! =)
Kaerri
Kaerri
Officer

Awarded:

Bedbugs Bite (non-session play quest):
Spoiler (Click To Show):
Head to the field to the north of the farm and gather up 4 stocks of hay. Then go to each horse's bedding and replace it. Order is the same as for the water quest - Bobby, Billy, Lizzy, Henry.
.Herding to the Trollshaws (session play quest):
Spoiler (Click To Show):
Follow the quest arrow to the valley with lots of trolls - you'll know it by the missing Black Horse from the epic quest line. Study the dead horse, then find a bit of armor and a bit of cloth to stomp on. Take that, evil horse armor! Take out the Cargul that spawn at each place, but be careful - trolls may aggro also. I accidentally aggroed one troll before I noticed the Cargul, but didn't have any difficulty taking them out. Now's the time for that stun removal skill, though! Study the dead horse again, then off to the Ford of Bruinen to see what hurt the horse.

Empirical evidence suggests that the quests change every two days, not every day as was mentioned to me earlier.

Officer

Awarded:

Worse for Wear (non session play quest):Spoiler (Click To Show):
Similar to the quest in Combe, you have to find a blacksmith in Bree to make horseshoes - Flint Oakhewer this time, as Matt Haywood is apparently quite busy with the other questers in Combe. You'll need to find an old horseshoe, 2 crates of horseshoe nails, and 3 pieces of scrap-metal. The old horseshoe I've seen in three locations thus far: 1st one just east of Flint, on the far side of the low wall around his forge, 2nd one across the street from Flint in the field behind Lily Sandheaver's house, 3rd one across the street from Flint and up the side road on the hill, in the field to the left of the road above Lily's house. Crates of horseshoe nails can be found in Market Square, where the boar fountain is, scattered around the edges of the square, especially behind the bowyer's and weaponsmiths' stalls. Scrap-metal is in Beggar's Alley. Then it's back to Flint so he can make the new horseshoes.

This last round of quests (yesterday and today) I was hoping to get The Horsefields Derby, the last quest for the Discovering the Descendant deed, but it gave me Herding to the Lone-Lands again instead. No idea what the pattern is for new quests now.

For the record, the spoiler code doesn't work if you've got parentheses or semi-colons. No idea why.

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: