Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Lonely Mountain Band Forum Index -> Archives - Old News
View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page 1, 2  Next
Harperella
High Officer

re: The Curse of Harperella

Forum Image

Welby has just released an epic Machinima based on my own Harperella's Harrowing Tales. Its one of the finest bits of LOTRO machinima I have ever watched, and that's not just because I'm in it. Check out Welby's post here or jump straight to the video.

--Harperella

If you haven't seen this video you're missing out on a really fine production!!

Working together we all benefit ~ Aldekim, Brambel - Lonely Mountain Band ~ Doribolger - Harp and Dragon (LMB alt kin) ~ Athilrond, Ahtook, Nellan, Elye, Sylduril, Nitnoy, Elduryl, Dironen - Clan Etal ~ Kaesy - Lonely Mountain Treasures (Byrdie alt kin)
Galenhir
FOUNDER

Harp you beat me to the news post! Huzzah and congrats!

"Hail Earendel, brightest of angels above the middle-earth sent unto men."-Cynewulf, Christ II

Leanndra- Vannya

A VERY well done video. Welby's professionalism does the story credit and his ability to work with CG graphics is amazing. The two combined together just add to the storyline.

<whispers to the side> "Personally I think the "Curse of Harperella" is her noteriety and fame have risen to the point that she hardly has a moments peace from tells and fans when she is online just trying to play..." tongue out

Ohh Harp.. can you autograph this 'Moldy Spider Mandible' for me.. umm it's for my cousin.. really.. wink

I simply care that I play better than Yesterday.
Galenhir
FOUNDER

Karakus-Leanndra wrote:

Ohh Harp.. can you autograph this 'Moldy Spider Mandible' for me.. umm it's for my cousin.. really.. wink
lol

"Hail Earendel, brightest of angels above the middle-earth sent unto men."-Cynewulf, Christ II

`Tinki`
Officer

So thats why your harp was off tune for so long! Very nice job from Welby! We keep getting famouser and famouser!
Thodolir

What can I say but just simply amazing. This has been the first LOTRO Machinima that has had me sit and just stare at the screen with my jaw dropped.

Amazing job Welby! A question to Harp though, did you voice your character?

Well I'm going to go watch that again.. see ya later!

--Thodolir
Duniath

I'm speechless!!! This work is beyond normality.
I feel very honored to be surrounded by all of you talented people!

Who wrote the story? It is beautiful, and the narration is outstanding too. Whoever voiced the characters did a very, very fine job. I was thrilled by the Blue Lady!!!

And of course, we love YOU, Lady Harperella.

Two very enthusiastic thumbs up, Welby! Do more :)

-- Duniath
Harperella
High Officer

Just a few words of explanation... I wrote Harperella's Harrowing Tales as a way to chronicle my experience in LOTRO and also to tell the story of Harperella of Dale. As I wrote, I involved other players through RP and events. Welby got involved fairly early on and made some Machinima from the events (Assault on Fornost for one). Welby got ambitious though, and wanted to tell the "epic storyline" of Harperella's Harrowing Tales. It had slowly morphed into a comic book, and Welby used this as his basic storyboard. So all the dialogue is pretty much straight from the comics. The voices however are his various co-workers. They appear in the credits. This film is over a year in the making and reflects some really hard work that Welby put in to produce it. I may have provided a seed of inspiration, but it was Welby who tended it and got it to blossom.

--Harperella

Looks good. Awesome job on this. cool

Milford Sound in New Zealand
Ashenwood

Wonderful Piece of work !

Welby is an amazing talent.

And harp for imagination and the inspiration !

(It delayed my play time by an hour, I had to go back and watch about a dozen of his other videos)
Esrah

A truely outstanding story and video! Just amazing. After the first viewing was compelled to watch it a few times =D
Rifflo
Rifflo

Awarded:

AMAZING! I am so impressed!

I am trying to get a couple of friends to leave Warcraft and have sent them your vids!

Loved that poor Hobbit in the other vid too!

Star Wars Reporter
shava23
Officer

I want to know what tools he used for the CGI -- he obviously imported models from LOTRO for things like the Shire scenes. I've done a lot of machinima in Second Life, but we do things entirely within the game engine (we have a lot more flex, though, because we can *create* new models/animations/etc.). What Welby did with a limited vocabulary of in-game footage, and outside tools, is really fabulous.

yrs,
Shava
Artemisia & Co
(now with more peons and two accounts!)
Harperella
High Officer

shava23 wrote:
I want to know what tools he used for the CGI -- he obviously imported models from LOTRO for things like the Shire scenes. I've done a lot of machinima in Second Life, but we do things entirely within the game engine (we have a lot more flex, though, because we can *create* new models/animations/etc.). What Welby did with a limited vocabulary of in-game footage, and outside tools, is really fabulous.

He made a "make of" video here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Nd9BO_oIsw&feature=related

It was a lot of fun to be a movie star!

--Harp

Page 1 of 2

Jump to: