Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Lonely Mountain Band Forum Index -> Forum ROSTER (Edit/Sign Your Roster Entry)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Aldekim
Officer

re: App: Aldekim

Name: Aldekim
Game: Lord of the Rings Online
Server: Landroval
Level: 27
Race: Man
Class: Minstrel

(authors' preface: I have been active in Lotro for just over 2 years now, but first came to Landroval about one month ago. I first created this bio for mylotro when I first created Aldekim for Landroval. It violates Lore in the use of the game mechanic of hunter port ability. I used that in my bio as a simple way to note how I came to be west of the mountains. You may find much more about Aldekim and me in my blog at mylotro under the account of dori_bolger . Posts from Aldekim of Landroval are under the category with that title. Per the forums here I would like to note that I have had preliminary conversation with Omsi, directing me here)

There isn’t much to tell really. I come from the lands near Dale and the Lonely Mountain. My family lived a secluded life on a solitary homested somewhat west of Dale towards the Mirkwood. My Pa was a trapper and woodsman and I learned the ways of a forrester from him early in life, along with a bit of tailoring we did with the furs Pa trapped. Being close to the mountain and under the influence of the dwarfs there it is no surprise that I also picked up the basics of prospecting. I liked what little I saw of the dwarf metalworks, but I never really had any success with it myself.

Our homested was a bit secluded, so I never developed much of any social skills, but I did amuse myself from time to time tinkering with an old lute my Ma used to play. Ma seemed to think I had some gift for the music and said I could cheer up an old dog on a rainy day with my playing.

Not being very near to Dale proper, I never developed much of any friends, but in my wanderings about the edges of Mirkwood I came to be aquainted with an elf hunter Sylderon, and that brief friendship has changed my life dramatically. Sylderon claimed to have traveled west of the Misty Mountains seeking information about the dark minions of southern Mirkwood who were rumored to have sent their spies that direction for some reason.

Well that’s how it all began, when one day Sylderon told me he was going to make a fast trip to a place he called Bree-land and back. We had spoken much about the wide world and he knew I was growing weary of the isolated life I lived, so he asked if I would like to make a quick journey across the Misty Mountains and back with him. I didn’t see how such a journey could be swift, but he reassured me he could make the trip and return in less than a day. I suppose it was some kind of elf magic, and I was wary but trusted him so I agreed to accompany him on his journey taking with me only the clothes on my back.

The day came and I met Sylderon on the edges of Mirkwood where he began in with some arcane ritual and next thing I knew he and I were standing in the middle of a raging battle. It seems the place we landed, a town known as Archet, was under siege and we had dropped right into the middle of the fighting. Before I even had time to figure out what was going on a brigand’s arrow struck down my friend and I was left to fend on my own. Luckily a man of Archet came upon me and recruited me to aid the people of Archet in the fight. By the time the fighting ended I had aquired a decent knife and some better clothing and gear (mostly taken from the bodies of dead brigands) and I seemed no worse for the experience except for lacking a way to get home.

A few weeks have passed now and I have seen a fair part of the Bree-land even out to the borders at Trestlebridge, The foresaken Inn and Bucktown and while I have not passed beyond those towns except for a brief visit to a farm of Mister Maggot just across the river from Bucktown, I know I will have to venture far if I am ever to find a way back home.

Working together we all benefit ~ Aldekim, Brambel - Lonely Mountain Band ~ Doribolger - Harp and Dragon (LMB alt kin) ~ Athilrond, Ahtook, Nellan, Elye, Sylduril, Nitnoy, Elduryl, Dironen - Clan Etal ~ Kaesy - Lonely Mountain Treasures (Byrdie alt kin)
Andeon
Officer

re: well done!

nicely done Aldekim. a fine story to begin with, although I have no doubt your tale will spread in time. as for lorebreaking, I wouldn't worry about much about it - not so egregious as to break anything...

my own personal suggestion - I avoid references to specific periods of time in the LOTRO world when roleplaying (hours, days, months etc - anything beyond a year is usually vague enough that it can be taken without much quibbling)- the whole passage of time thing doesn't sit well in the MMO genre, especially considering the date changes depending on your position in the epic book, and which major npc character you happen to be talking to at any moment...

think of time as very vague and fluid in Middle Earth, and you might find your storytelling just a little easier to swallow

just a suggestion

re: reply

Thank you for your thoughts Andeon.

Working together we all benefit ~ Aldekim, Brambel - Lonely Mountain Band ~ Doribolger - Harp and Dragon (LMB alt kin) ~ Athilrond, Ahtook, Nellan, Elye, Sylduril, Nitnoy, Elduryl, Dironen - Clan Etal ~ Kaesy - Lonely Mountain Treasures (Byrdie alt kin)
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Lonely Mountain Band Forum Index -> Forum ROSTER (Edit/Sign Your Roster Entry) All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum