Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Lonely Mountain Band Forum Index -> Forum ROSTER (Edit/Sign Your Roster Entry)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Leanndra- Vannya

re: App: Karakus

Name: Leanndra
Game: Lord of the Rings Online
Server: Landroval
Level: 57
Race: Man
Class: Warden

Atthemoment, Leanndra is my Main RP character so I will start with her. I have exchanged posts on the Landroval forums with Harperella and have chatted with her via Tells in game. Once the App. and "patch-over" has been finalized, i will add my "Main PVE" toon to the guild as well, a lv 65 Elven Huntress named Milander.

Bio: Leanndra Balsa is a young woman in her early 20s. Having been formally trained as a Warden in the Bree Guard, she was recalled from active duty in Evendim when it was learned that both her father and brother were killed while on patrol on the borders of Mirkwood. Having been released from service to help her mother, upon her arrival in Bree, she found her home empty and her mother gone. All inquiries into her whereabouts have lead to dead ends but there is a rumor that she returned to her own family in the Dales.
Distraught and alone, Balsa took to drinking in Inns and taverns, playing her lute for beer money to lose herself in her own misery. It was at the Forsaken Inn that she had a chance meeting with a kindly Elf named Duranos who put her on the path to having her life have a meaning. She became a "Harper".
The Harpers are/were a clandestine organization of musicians, skilled in espionage and warfare. Travelling accross Middle Earth, they played at inns, taverns, parties, homes and army camps; and everyone knows, tongues wag when there is ale flowing and nobody pays attention to the bard. Gathering information and passing it allong to the right ears, The Harpers did their part to strengthen alliances, prevent misunderstandings and put the different peoples of Middle Earth on the road to a unified front against Mordor.
Reciently, the Harpers have been greatly diminished in numbers, as there appears that Mordor has taken them as a serious threat and started an active campaign of elliminating them. There is talk of a traitor in the ranks, but it is as of yet unconfirmed and most concider it unbelievable. The ONLY way to tell a true Harper is by the Silver Harp broach they wear concealed upon their clothing, used to identify themselves to one another out on the open roads. A Harper is sworn to use his or her last breath to destroy their pin rather than allow it to fall into enemy hands.
A short time ago, Balsa lost contact with her mentor, Duranos and she fears him dead as well. With just herself and her beloved companion Cass, an Elven Runekeeper and fellow Harper, she remembered Duranos once telling her a sad tale of a Lady Harperella of Dale. Grasping at straws at the coincidence of that tale and her mother's rummored return there, Balsa has sought out Harperella to maybe find clues to other Harpers surviving and continuing her mission to fight on and find her Mother.

I simply care that I play better than Yesterday.
Harperella
High Officer

re: APPROVED - App: Karakus - by Galenswerd

Welcome to our kin, Leanndra. We're happy to have you and your harpers amongst our numbers. And I like how you've woven the Harpers from Forgotten Realms universe into our own Middle Earth lore through your own stories and Harperella's. Just remember, the Harpers as you describe them will not be common knowledge across Middle Earth. But they provide a great background for your characters and kin to enter the Lonely Mountain Band. Especially as we have such a connection with music, inns, and harps.

The Order of the Harp will be joining their kin to ours at an event before the Little Delving Ales and Tales on May 24th.

--Harperella
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Lonely Mountain Band Forum Index -> Forum ROSTER (Edit/Sign Your Roster Entry) All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum