Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Lonely Mountain Band Forum Index -> Forum ROSTER (Edit/Sign Your Roster Entry)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Salti

re: App: Salti

The application submitted by Salti is as follows:

Quote:
Name : Saltin
Game : Lord of the Rings Online
Server : Landroval
Level : 32
Race : Dwarf
Class : Minstrel

Please note: While we do have a presence on other servers, we are primarily a Landroval-based kinship. Our regular weekly events, and our marquee events Weatherstock and Winterstock, are held on the Landroval server.

Have you read & do you agree with LMB charter?:
Yes

Do you understand that Kin chat channel is for LOTRO and Tolkien related chat only?:
Yes

Use this area to share why you want to join LMB.:
MMOs are most fun when you have a group of on-line friends to chat with, adventure with, and do fun stuff. I especially like the setting of LOTRO, the team roles in a fellowship, and ... the ability to make music! I'd love to run with a group that puts on performances and can teach me how to make the most of that. I play music in real life (not well), and I think my toon ought to be able to do the same! I like the vibe of Lonely Mountain Band. So, I'd like to join you! And I know ABC music and have used it in real life, would like to try it in game.

Player info:

Age Range:
Old Fogey

Tell us about any MMO or RP experience you may have (RP is not required for membership, we are just curious): :
Let's see ... started with Everquest, loved it, my mage Skinty actually made a real paper wine label for Fish Wine: "When a Flask of Water fails to satisfy". Played serious time in WoW, ESO, PotBS, GW and GW2; less time in many others including LOTRO. I think this is my landing spot, I like a number of LOTRO features better than other games or at least as well. I like having defined roles in a group (prefer to play healer), which many games are not doing any more. I like the click-to-hit rather than aiming with the mouse, I'm not a fast-action jump-around player. I like the lore of Tolkien, all the other MMO worlds seem so arbitrary (yes, I know that's a bit silly, but there it is). So I actually pay attention to the backstory in LOTRO. Kind of. And dwarves are obviously the coolest race, and especially so in LOTRO, so there you go. I was a long long-term member of TOG (The Older Gamers) in multiple games, but now they killed their web wiki and are only on Discord, which seems a shame. Also they're really into FPS games and their MMO divisions are not doing well (except WoW). One thing I like to do is to write parody songs for my guild, including such hits as "Pink Halifax" [Pink Cadillac], "Throw That Funky Magic, Elf-Boy" [Play That Funky Music, White Boy] and of course "Legolas is Coming To Town". I think we need some LOTRO songs, don't you?

Please tell us what time zone you are in. (i.e. EST): :
PST

Character information:

Tell us about your character: :
Saltin is a dwarf with a mission, to promote the Bassoon as obviously the coolest-sounding instrument in LOTRO. The fact that it's bigger than he is notwithstanding, would you rather clobber a goblin by "El Kabong" with a flimsy little lute, or with a good solid barrel of wood with a pointy metal tube sticking out for good measure? So it should be clear to anyone that the Bassoon is the way to go, and if you don't see it then let's talk after you've had a few more ales to clear your head!

Please tell us of any previous/current kinships you have character(s) in LOTRO. :
none

LMB experience:

Were you referred by a current member? Who?: :
no, just looked at bands on the web

Have you ever been to LMB hosted event? If yes, what were your impressions? If no, are you planning on it in the next week? (Highly recommended!):
Have not yet. I've been pretty busy leveling up and trying out the various classes, hope to do more for entertainment in the future.

Gameplay preferences:

What activities do you enjoy most in LOTRO? :
Have been leveling up solo, would like to do instances, preferably with a fellowship of kin.

Kinship expectations:

What are your expectations from LMB as a member? :
Mostly (1) people to chat with (2) people to ask game questions (and eventually be able to answer some), (3) people to run with in fellowships. Also, with LMB, to get into the music system in game and see what we can do with ABC.

What do you think your strongest contribution to LMB would be? :
Parody songs. Healer (at my level). Band member. Telling dwarf-jokes (like dad jokes, but shorter).

Tolkien:

Have you read the books or seen the movies? What are your favourite scenes or images? :
Read multiple times, including reading Hobbit and LoTR out loud to my girls when they were kids. The movies are among the very few I actually bought on Amazon. Love anything set in Rohan, the dwarves in Bilbo's hobbit-hole, the movie scene of the dwarves and Bilbo floating through the orc attack in barrels, the elven bowmen preparing to fire in Helm's Deep, the beacons of Gondor being lit through the mountains. Gimli and Legolas' banter, especially "it still only counts as one!" Also loved "Bored of the Rings", if you're into that sort of thing.

Misc:

Is there anything else not covered in this application that you'd like to share with us? :
Wow, it's really brave of you to ask this. My favorite food is chili dogs. I drive a Honda CR-V and I'm proud of it. My toon plays music better than I do. I think I better stop now.

Beorbrand
DeGeneral Degeneratus

Awarded:

re: APPROVED - App: Salti - by Beorbrand

Your application has been approved. Please seek out an officer in-game for your recruit interview. If you haven't already done so you may wish to /joinchannel alesandtales to assist you in finding an officer of the Lonely Mountain Band.
Salti

re: Hello Folks!

Thanks for admission to LMB! I'm looking forward to running with you all, getting into the music scene, and posting a few new songs to Lindale. Good hunting and good cheer!
Beorbrand
DeGeneral Degeneratus

Awarded:

re: APPROVED - App: Salti - by Beorbrand

Haven't been catching you in-game - are you running any alts by chance?
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Lonely Mountain Band Forum Index -> Forum ROSTER (Edit/Sign Your Roster Entry) All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum