Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Lonely Mountain Band Forum Index -> Character Journals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Aedon Durreah
Hawt Officer

Awarded:

re: Aedon's Journal

Forum Image
A soft green tablet with a Yew tree etched on it and gold trim*

A daily journal and record kept by Aedon Durreah

Last edited by Aedon Durreah on 2019/10/08 11:51 am; edited 1 time in total

Aedon Durreah
Hawt Officer

Awarded:

I have always kept a journal. For all the years I can recall I have Kept an account of my many travels and adventures. SInce coming to these lands, I have been remiss in my writings, and I fear that much of the things I would have take note of are lost to me now. But as I often say, it is never too late to start a new tradition, or to bring back those things that give a body pleasure. And I have always found great solace in the written word.

My time sitting before the fire, as the evening shadows gather round are like air to me. To be in my own home, a cup of warm coffee close at hand-a pen and journal on my lap. These are the things that bring you life, and refresh a weary heart and soul for the next days toils.
So I think it is a good time to tell my tales to the linen sheets bound between the leather covers of this journal of mine. My constant companion, and at times, my only friend. I have neglected you for far too long now.

Now, Where shall I begin?

Hannariel/Brioney

It's beautiful.It reminds me of some of the trees found on the gear in the game.

bandleader
Aedon Durreah
Hawt Officer

Awarded:

This was a rather new thing to me. I had started working with bands and musicians around the Bree area. This had proving to be both a rewarding and frustrating task. Art, after all is subjective, and many of the musical artists are not only proud of their work, but at times haughty. Many times, I sat in the back of the audience and watched as they struggled to take and keep control of the stage, assuring that only their works would be heard. This was rapidly becoming a flash-point, and arguments and hurt feelings often ruled the night.
How hard could it be to take some measure of control over such a situation? Have I not in my long years commanded many men and led them into battle? With command, the first thing you must do is get others to listen. So, once one band had finished a song, I took the stage, thanked them and acted as though I was the one in charge of the show.

Fake till you make it so to speak.

To my delight, the bands listened and even seemed to crave some sense of order. Each coming show brought more order and a sense of ease to the bands participating. Everyone was being heard in an equal way. No one had to fight to be heard and could relax, and put their full concentration into their performance.
It has been several years now since I began “herding cats.” And I still find a great deal of pleasure in doing so. Some bands have moved on, and many more have come into the show. But always now, the older bands take them under their wings, and see to it they understand the order to the shows. Many times, I have arrived at a venue to discover that they have already arranged their bands around an area they see as center stage, and are already playing round robin style for those who show up early for the show, or sometimes, just for each other. As more bands show up for the night, they make room in the circle, and play on sometimes into the wee hours of the morning, long after the official show has ended.

Music speaks to the heart, soothes the soul, and brings true meaning into our lives. The art of a musician, songwriter, and story teller should be recognized and encouraged. I enjoy being a small part of this, and believe that what we do at these shows, the night of song and dance serves the greater good of the people of Middle Earth in that it allows those weary from the battle a time to pause, reflect and remember that there is still good in this world.

And that is what we are fighting to protect.

Hannariel/Brioney

And you do such a fine job, Aedon, it's no wonder so many of us look up to you! Even those who aren't hobbits.

bandleader
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Lonely Mountain Band Forum Index -> Character Journals All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: