Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Lonely Mountain Band Forum Index -> Archives - Old News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kiralynn
Kiralynn of Rohan
Officer

Awarded:

re: Take the Hobbit to Isengard, Today!

Tweet from Turbine, "Don't forget #TTHTI on Landroval today (May 7) at 5:00PM Eastern time (-4 GMT). http://www.twitch.tv/lotrostream "

This is a timed event and the best time wins. Remember, no cloaks, no pets, no cosmetic pets, no hats, no music, no fireworks, no emotes, absolutely nothing that can create lag and slow people down. You're encouraged to read the tips and study the paths of the top scoring servers, to see which route will be the quickest. Also, remember that fewer people within the Hobbit's sight range is better, because a huge mob of fans causes so much lag that the group simply stops in place. You can watch the event from Twitch without causing lag.

Last edited by Kiralynn of Rohan on 2014/05/07 3:50 pm; edited 1 time in total

Awarded:

TIPS:

* No cloaks or mounts
* Keep the amount of players around Sapience – especially within his line of vision – to a bare minimum to reduce lag
* Have most of the party waiting outside of Bree, and have just a few people run him from the Prancing Pony to the gates where everyone else is, to keep lag down in that area
* Keep the need to swim to an absolute minimum, keep broken legs to a minimum – anything that will slow run speed
* Ensure people around Sapience stay out of combat and can focus on running
* Find a good route and practice it, preferably with at least a couple of raids worth of people to ensure the test runs imitate server conditions at the time of the actual race (i.e. tons of people on)
* To use the plugin Sapience uses for these runs, go to LotROInterface and dowload Thurallor's plugin there.
* Take special care around bridges and other obstacles so that he doesn’t fall off or get stuck or hung up on things
* Keep any run speed buffs on him that you are able to
* Watch previous streams, particularly fastest times, for ideas
* Good idea to have a backup group waiting in Bree in case he dies so that they can get running again right away

* Hunters can not only use "Find the path". They can increase this buff a lot: Once via the blue trait line "Pathfinder" 10% and then by a LI for the main hand/Melee with the major attribute "Find The Path movement speed" another 6 per cent. So with these two improvements the buffs would increase more than 100% putting the speed buff to a total of 31%.

* Captains could increase the duration of the "Make haste" speed buff with their LI (Weapon minor). It can be increased from 20 seconds without LI to 45 seconds with LI, which is also an improvement of 125%.

I hope you guys get Sapience into your group with a hunter and cappy for max speed buffs. I wish I could go. sad Today is Landroval and Riddermark is next Wednesday, and naturally I'm scheduled over both of them. *cries*

R8 100 MNS Fayeh (alt Wilya) @ Landroval
Tomeoric

Awarded:

Very disappointing that this is during work hours for about 90% of the US, (just after lunch here on the west coast). I know 'they can't please 'em all', but nuts... seems easier for the EU to attend this, on a US server.
Sonca
Vulpes_Velox
Officer

Awarded:

Bah! Stuck at work so I cannot go either. Hopefully our EU, retired and student kinnies can get this done.

Need motivation... I hear Saruman is giving out free pie! lol

11pm for me on a school night!

I'll be watching the stream from the comfort of my bed! Awwwww I thought it was on friday sad
Kiralynn
Kiralynn of Rohan
Officer

Awarded:

Yep. Even our east coast players will be stuck in commute traffic when this goes down. I'm crossing my fingers that our Euro players can pull this off with a respectable finish time.

Awarded:

Seems like a bizarre choice of time but there you go

Tearna Quickfoot
Pink Officer

Heads up: The link to the Twitch server above has an errant " at the end, which returns a no channel or deleted channel message. Delete the " from the address bar and it takes you to the proper place.

Let's see if I can put the correct link here...

http://www.twitch.tv/lotrostream

And yes... stuck at work so will try to watch some of it on Twitch.

Other active games: ESO (Tearna, T'nar, Tealan, etc.)
Kiralynn
Kiralynn of Rohan
Officer

Awarded:

Landroval final time: 1:02:07 for 10th place!

Awarded:

Somehow I ended up in the Raid taking Sapience to Isengard, but I was just a marker standing on the Enedwaith Bridge for most of it. We would have done better except for a few wrong turns and lots of lag. Still, it was really fun and an awesome after-run party at Isengard.

On Crickhollow - Morivanye- Rangers of Ithilien

On Anor: -Morfindiel, Laerlenn -Mythgard

On Ithil: Morfindiel - The Kin

Lilikate

1 Hour 2 mins and some seconds.

10th Place!
Kiralynn
Kiralynn of Rohan
Officer

Awarded:

We had a lot more people around Sapience than the high scoring servers, from what I could see, which of course leads to more lag. He froze up, standing in place, half a dozen times. Still, it was a nice clean run, with no Hobbit deaths or serious problems at the key danger points. Well done!

Awarded:

Oh no! I'm so sad that I forgot this was today! Oh well :P Glad to hear that some LMB members were able to attend!

Other games :: GW2 (Fayarra.4827) :: ESO (Fayarra26)
"...the thought pierced him that in the end the Shadow was only a small and passing thing:
there was light and high beauty for ever beyond its reach." ― J.R.R. Tolkien, The Return of the King
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Lonely Mountain Band Forum Index -> Archives - Old News All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: