Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Lonely Mountain Band Forum Index -> Forum ROSTER (Edit/Sign Your Roster Entry)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Glablo

re: App: Glablo

The application submitted by Glablo is as follows:

Quote:
Name : Glablo
Game : Lord of the Rings Online
Server : Landroval
Level : 9
Race : Hobbit
Class : Minstrel

Please note: While we do have a presence on other servers, we are primarily a Landroval-based kinship. Our regular weekly events, and our marquee events Weatherstock and Winterstock, are held on the Landroval server.

Have you read & do you agree with LMB charter?:
Yes

Do you understand that Kin chat channel is for LOTRO and Tolkien related chat only?:
Yes

Use this area to share why you want to join LMB.:
I am eager to join your esteemed guild for several reasons that align with my passion for immersive storytelling and collaborative role-playing experiences. Firstly, I have heard glowing praises about LMB's commitment to creating a vibrant and inclusive community within the game. The emphasis on camaraderie and mutual support resonates deeply with my values as a player.

Your guild's reputation for fostering creativity and originality in character development is particularly appealing to me. I believe that my hobbit minstrel, Glablo Thistlebrook, can contribute unique and enriching narratives to the collective tapestry of LMB's adventures. I am enthusiastic about weaving his musical journey into the rich fabric of Middle-earth, bringing joy and inspiration to fellow members.

Additionally, I am drawn to LMB's dedication to maintaining a positive and respectful gaming environment. As someone who values harmonious interactions, I am confident that I can contribute to the guild's uplifting atmosphere while actively participating in events and collaborative storytelling sessions.

In summary, I am excited about the prospect of joining LMB to be part of a community that shares my love for immersive storytelling, creativity, and positive interactions within the game. I am eager to contribute my hobbit minstrel's unique tale to the ongoing adventures of LMB and look forward to becoming an integral part of your fantastic guild.

Player info:

Age Range:
Old Fogey

Tell us about any MMO or RP experience you may have (RP is not required for membership, we are just curious): :
I bring a diverse and extensive MMO and RP experience to the table, having ventured into various virtual worlds and tabletop role-playing games. My journey spans across iconic titles such as Star Wars Galaxies, Star Wars: The Old Republic, and World of Warcraft, where I immersed myself in the rich lore and dynamic player interactions.

In Star Wars Galaxies, I honed my skills in crafting, trading, and engaging in player-driven events, fostering a deep appreciation for collaborative storytelling within a sandbox environment. Star Wars: The Old Republic allowed me to explore narrative-driven gameplay, participating in epic quests and developing intricate character arcs within the expansive Star Wars universe.

World of Warcraft provided me with a vast and vibrant world to explore, where I delved into both PvE and RP realms. Engaging in guild events, forming alliances, and participating in server-wide RP activities enriched my understanding of community dynamics within an MMO setting.

Beyond MMOs, I have a wealth of tabletop RP experience, including games like Traveller, D&D, and GURPS. These experiences cultivated my creativity, strategic thinking, and ability to craft compelling narratives within diverse settings – from spacefaring adventures to high-fantasy realms.

My familiarity with different RPG systems has equipped me with a versatile approach to character creation and storytelling, adapting to the unique mechanics and atmospheres of each game. I have relished the collaborative nature of tabletop RP, where player agency and creative input are paramount to the unfolding narrative.

In summary, my MMO and RP journey encompasses a broad spectrum of gaming experiences, from iconic franchises to tabletop adventures. These diverse encounters have not only shaped my gaming preferences but have also instilled in me a deep appreciation for the art of collaborative storytelling and the importance of community engagement within these virtual worlds.

Please tell us what time zone you are in. (i.e. EST): :
CST

Character information:

Tell us about your character: :
In the tranquil village of Brockenborings, nestled in the heart of the Shire, there lived a hobbit named Glablo Thistlebrook, known affectionately as Glo. Unlike many hobbits who found joy in farming and feasting, Glo had a heart that resonated with the melodies of Middle-earth.

From a young age, Glo discovered his innate talent for crafting tunes. He would often be found sitting by the Water, weaving magical melodies on his lute that echoed through the rolling hills surrounding his home. His minstrelsy had an ethereal quality that brought joy to the hearts of those who had the pleasure of listening.

Glo's life took an unexpected turn when a wandering minstrel named Harmony Swiftwind recognized his musical prowess. Harmony saw the potential in Glo and offered to guide him in the ancient art of minstrelsy. Under Harmony's mentorship, Glo not only mastered the intricacies of various instruments but also learned how music could inspire and heal.

As the years passed, word of Glo's musical talents spread throughout Brockenborings, and he became a cherished figure in the gatherings of the village. His music had the remarkable ability to lift spirits and bring solace to troubled hearts. When shadows began to gather in distant lands, Glo felt a calling to use his gift for a higher purpose.

Armed with his lute and a courageous heart, Glo set out on a journey beyond Brockenborings. He ventured into unexplored territories, seeking to share his melodies and spread hope in the face of adversity. Along the way, he encountered challenges, forged new friendships, and discovered the transformative power of his music.

Glo, the hobbit minstrel, continued to weave his enchanting tunes as he roamed the diverse landscapes of the Shire. Whether in the cozy inns of Hobbiton or the mystical groves hidden deep within the Green Hill Country, his melodies became a source of inspiration, reminding all who listened that even in the darkest times, the power of music could bring warmth and light to the hearts of those in need.

Please tell us of any previous/current kinships you have character(s) in LOTRO. :
I have none.

LMB experience:

Were you referred by a current member? Who?: :
No.

Have you ever been to LMB hosted event? If yes, what were your impressions? If no, are you planning on it in the next week? (Highly recommended!):
I have not. But definitely want to.

Gameplay preferences:

What activities do you enjoy most in LOTRO? :
I enjoy the social aspect and the music system the most.

Kinship expectations:

What are your expectations from LMB as a member? :
As a prospective member of LMB, I hold certain expectations that align with my desire for a fulfilling and enriching gaming experience. Firstly, I look forward to being part of a vibrant and welcoming community where camaraderie and mutual support thrive. I hope to find like-minded individuals who share a passion for immersive storytelling and collaborative role-playing within the game.

I expect LMB to provide a platform for creative expression, allowing me to actively contribute to the guild's narratives and events. I anticipate engaging in meaningful interactions with fellow members, participating in storytelling sessions, and collectively shaping the evolving stories within the guild.

Communication and inclusivity are paramount to me, and I hope to see these values reflected in the guild's interactions. Clear and open communication channels, both in-game and on external platforms, will contribute to a positive and cohesive community experience.

Additionally, I expect LMB to foster a respectful and inclusive gaming environment, where members embrace diversity and encourage each other's unique contributions. I look forward to participating in guild events, activities, and discussions that showcase the creativity and passion of the community.

Ultimately, my expectations revolve around finding a community that not only aligns with my gaming preferences but also provides a space for personal growth, friendship, and collaborative storytelling. I am excited about the prospect of contributing to LMB's dynamic atmosphere and building lasting connections with fellow guild members.

What do you think your strongest contribution to LMB would be? :
I believe my strongest contribution to LMB lies in the unique and immersive storytelling that my hobbit minstrel, Glablo Thistlebrook, brings to the guild. With a rich background and a passion for creating narratives that resonate with the lore of Middle-earth, I aim to contribute to the vibrant tapestry of LMB's adventures.

My character's musical journey, combined with his experiences and interactions, has the potential to add depth and diversity to the ongoing narratives within the guild. I am committed to actively participating in collaborative storytelling sessions, events, and activities that not only showcase Glablo's personality but also enhance the overall storytelling experience for fellow guild members.

Furthermore, my dedication to fostering a positive and inclusive gaming environment aligns with LMB's values. I aim to be a supportive and engaged member, contributing to the sense of camaraderie that makes LMB a special community within the game.

In summary, I believe my strongest contribution lies in the storytelling aspect, bringing a distinctive character and narrative to LMB that enhances the overall experience for guild members. I am excited about the prospect of contributing to LMB's creative atmosphere and becoming an integral part of this fantastic guild.

Tolkien:

Have you read the books or seen the movies? What are your favourite scenes or images? :
I have only read the first two chapters of the Hobbit in middle school. (Though I have the books coming from Amazon next week.) I have however seen the movies. One of my favorite scenes was in the Lord of the Rings where Gollum brings a dead animal to Frodo and Sam to eat.

This scene is a captivating and memorable moment for several reasons. First and foremost, it showcases the complexity of Gollum's character. In this scene, Gollum is not merely a malevolent force but reveals a more vulnerable and pitiable side as he tries to contribute to the group's survival.

The juxtaposition between Frodo's and Sam's reactions to Gollum's gesture adds depth to the scene. Frodo, embodying compassion and understanding, allows Gollum to share in their meager meal, emphasizing Frodo's empathetic nature even in the face of adversity. On the other hand, Sam, who remains wary of Gollum's intentions, represents a contrasting perspective, highlighting the constant tension and mistrust within the group.

The act of cooking and sharing the meal becomes a metaphor for the bonds of fellowship and the shared struggles of the characters. In this moment, despite their differences and the weight of the journey, they find a brief respite in a simple act of cooking and sharing food. The scene beautifully captures the theme of friendship and the fragile alliances formed in the midst of a perilous quest.

Furthermore, the setting, with its harsh and desolate landscape, enhances the significance of the meal. The characters' ability to find comfort and sustenance in such a hostile environment underscores the resilience of the human spirit and the capacity for hope even in the darkest of times.

Ultimately, this scene stands out as a poignant exploration of character dynamics, trust, and the endurance of friendship against the backdrop of Middle-earth's challenges. Its emotional depth, character development, and thematic richness contribute to making it a favorite for those who appreciate the nuanced storytelling in "The Lord of the Rings."

Misc:

Is there anything else not covered in this application that you'd like to share with us? :
There is not.

Beorbrand
DeGeneral Degeneratus

Awarded:

re: APPROVED - App: Glablo - by Beorbrand

Hello Glablo,

We will review your application and get back to you soon. It is usually around 48 hours. Thanks!
Beorbrand
DeGeneral Degeneratus

Awarded:

re: APPROVED - App: Glablo - by Beorbrand

Hello, Glablo!

Your application has been approved. Please seek out an officer in-game for your recruit interview. If you haven't already done so you may wish to /joinchannel alesandtales to assist you in finding an officer of the Lonely Mountain Band.

We're most active on Discord if you'd like to seek us there. Thanks!
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Lonely Mountain Band Forum Index -> Forum ROSTER (Edit/Sign Your Roster Entry) All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum