Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Lonely Mountain Band Forum Index -> Character Journals
View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page Previous  1, 2
Aedon Durreah
Hawt Officer

Awarded:

re: Aedon's Journal

Journal Entry-no date

Tá mé ag mothú meáchan na mblianta fada orm.
Ritheann mo laethanta le chéile agus téann mo smaointe go deo chuig mo thine féin.
B’fhéidir go bhfuil sé in am athrú a dhéanamh. ~Aedon

((I am feeling the weight of the long years upon me.
My days run together and my thoughts forever turn to my own fire.
Perhaps it is time to make a change. ~Aedon))

Last edited by Aedon Durreah on 2022/02/01 11:57 pm; edited 1 time in total

Aedon Durreah
Hawt Officer

Awarded:

Journal Entry-no date

I am not sure what is going on with me of late, but I find myself dissatisfied with life in general. It is not a lack of things to do, for in truth there is always something to do, and more to plan. But I find no pleasure in the day-to-day happenings. Many days I feel as though I am adrift on a vast sea with no oars, and no stars to guide me if I had them.

It is not uncommon for me to lose interest in things. In my lifetimes I have been moved from place to place, existence to existence more times than I can count. Never having the time to settle in to one place before being uprooted and cast into some other life has taken a toll on me. And I find myself searching for meaning or some thing to anchor me to this place. I feel as a caged animal pacing back and forth before the bars that constrain me, ready to pounce on anyone in order to gain my freedom.

I have spoken to Nemira of this, and her advise is as it always has been.

Is there really something or someplace you seek my son, or is it rest from thy labors you desire?

I have no answer for her. I am unsure myself of what it is that will ease this feeling of not belonging that eats away at me. I have been in this place for some time now. Perhaps I need a change of scenery? Or will such a change only bring me further dissatisfaction and throw my mind into further disarray?

Perhaps some time aboard the Tide will help clear my thoughts. Perhaps it is there that I will find my answers and discover where my next path lies.

Aedon Durreah
Hawt Officer

Awarded:

Journal entry-no date.

"Where in the world is that book?"

Searching frantically through all the shelves and cupboards, Aedon became a bit more out or sorts as each area upturned did not produce the tome. It was not as though it were an important book, but it was his favorite one. He recalled many happy nights sitting before the hearth in Connemara thumbing through the pages and pausing from time to time to read a favorite passage. He moved noisily through the house, searching, and from time to time cursing aloud as the book failed to be found. Most nights he would have taken more care, but with Greyylene away again, he did not have to worry about waking anyone up.

At this point, the plan was to depart Sunday evening sometime. This would be after a meeting of the officers of the Lonely Mountain Band. He wanted to leave sooner, but could not forego this meeting. In a way, he thought-it is good that I am putting this off a few days. Perhaps that feckin book will show itself by then.

Just before screaming to the heavens, Aedon decided to instead make a cup of coffee and relax for a bit. Rest, then get a fresh eye on things. Carrying his cup of fresh brew, he made his way to the chair before the hearth, and sat down. He had just taken his first deep sip when he happened to glance up at the mantle to discover the wayward book just lying there.

“Well now, there you are” he said rising, going over and snatching up the tome. Holding the book close to his chest he sat down, took another sip of coffee and settle back in his chair.

“All is in readiness now.”

Aedon Durreah
Hawt Officer

Awarded:

Journal Entry—whatever today is.

Most of my belongings have already been sent to the Tide. Well that which I intend to take along. The last bag I will carry myself as much of which I have placed within is precious to me. I am taking this time to have one final cup of coffee before I make my way to the docks and board the Celtic Tide for my journey. I found it is hard to decide what to take with you when you are not at all sure of the length of the voyage. But anything I need past my packings I can buy at a port of call along the way.

Nemira has asked for a destination, but I have none. This is not a trip to tend to some special situation or to pick up an item needed at home. This is a voyage of the spirit intended to help calm my racing thoughts and revive my weary soul. Yes, I suppose in some manner It is a selfish trip I embark on. But rarely in many years have I done something for myself alone. And in truth, I need this time. The future to me is becoming harder to see, and I have over the years depended on far-sight to help me plan my moves and better serve others.

One cannot defend against a foe one cannot see.

The sun is rising now, and I hope that somewhere far at sea Greyy is looking with hope to the new day. I know I razz her about her crew of Hobbit Pirates, tell her I do not trust the scallywags. But in truth, I trust them with the one thing that means more to me than life itself. And know full well that while they are at her side, she will always return home to safe harbors. I have left a letter for her so she does not worry about me. I am in the care of my crew for now, an hope to see home again soon.

I have tarried too long now.
It is time to depart.

Aedon Durreah
Hawt Officer

Awarded:

It has been good to once again sit before my own fire in Connemara. I had forgotten the pleasures to be found within such a simple thing, and it occurs to me that with each passing day I am finding myself relaxing into this life that somehow, I had let slip away.

Reading this journal has filled in many things for me, and told the story in full of how I came to be here so far from the forests of Yew. It is not a bad life here, but I would be deluding myself if I did not admit that I miss the feel of the Glade beneath my feet.

At least I know for sure that I left the city in good hands. And that the Knights Rest is thriving even in my absence. I wonder though, what it would be like to sit in the tavern again and listen to the stories spoken and share in an adventure or two with those I once called friends.

Nemira has made helped me plan the visit. Nothing too long, as I know I have my duties here to tend. The plan is to make the voyage near the end of this month so I can attend the Tavern on the first of November. Then if all goes well, return without anyone knowing I left.

I am looking forward to this trip. A chance to see old friends, and perhaps fill in some of the missing pieces of my memories. There are some names in this journal I have no memory of, and yet, they seemed to have at one time been a big part of my life.

For now, I will enjoy my fire, my solitude and the utter sense of peace that is to be found within the walls of Connemara.

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Lonely Mountain Band Forum Index -> Character Journals All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: