Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Lonely Mountain Band Forum Index -> Windy Acres Riding Club
View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Kiralynn
Kiralynn of Rohan
Officer

Awarded:

re: Spring Racing Carnival - Official Schedule

Keli wrote:
Bright Star confirmed.

For the first race or both? Are we still looking for a band for the earlier race?

Awarded:

Aye Kira, still need someone for the 1st race. Bright Star at 9:00pm

Kiralynn
Kiralynn of Rohan
Officer

Awarded:

The original post has been updated with new information, including better prizes.

Feel free to reply to this post to tell Sapience how awesome he is for providing incredible prizes!
http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.php?509518-EVENT-Spring-Racing-Carnival-May-3-amp-4-Horse-races-fashion-contest-and-more!

SRC Announcement Post

Also, he gave me in-game titles and Turbine Points for all volunteers.

Awarded:

Hopefully CSTM will be doing some advertising as well?

• main: Byrcha (pronounced: BUR-ka), Hobbit treasure-hunter

• Landroval alts: Braxwald, Brenthiel, & Hathellaith (LMB); Belyndil (Ales and Tales); Yahr (Lonely Mountain Brewery); Byrkhild, Byrchette, & Byrchetta (Secret Pie Vault); Byrwing (Sisters of the Moon); Byraen; Byrwen (Ithil refugee).

Kiralynn
Kiralynn of Rohan
Officer

Awarded:

I sent them all the info in an email and begged, but I haven't heard anything back. If any of you are friends with the CSTM crowd, perhaps you could inquire?

Kiralynn of Rohan wrote:
I sent them all the info in an email and begged, but I haven't heard anything back. If any of you are friends with the CSTM crowd, perhaps you could inquire?

I can post an announcement on the blog (I've got CSTM blogging access). Do you have a WP friendly post from Windy Acres that I can crib from? Source code preferred.

--Harper

Awarded:

If you just want something short and to the point, you an always just post the video ad with a link to the full schedule.

Video Ad: http://youtu.be/6YGkHsrnGlk
Full Schedule Post: http://windyacres.mymiddleearth.com/?p=3610

Here are some graphics you can use:
http://roll3d6.com/banders/war/src-block.jpg
http://roll3d6.com/banders/war/src-title.gif
http://roll3d6.com/banders/war/src-title-blk.gif

If you want the full schedule's source, here that is. Feel free to edit it for length, etc.

Code: Select all

Please join us for the 2013 Spring Racing Carnival, two days of horse racing, concerts and equestrian demonstrations on the Landroval server!  Here is the full schedule of events.  All times are given in Landroval /servertime which is EST.  Contact Kiralynn or Harperella with questions.
<!--more-right arrow
<hr />

<B><font size="+1" color="darkgreen">Friday, May 3</font></b>

<strong>7:30pm</strong> - Pre-race music and festivities.
<strong>8:00pm</strong> - Mathom Cup qualifier horse race in Michel Delving

<strong>9:00pm</strong> - Pre-race  festivities, music by Bright Star.
<strong>9:30pm</strong> - Moonstone Cup qualifier horse race in Duillond

<hr />

<B><font size="+1" color="darkgreen">Saturday, May 4</font></b>

<strong>11:30am</strong> - Pre-race festivities, music by Die Meisterbarden von Bree.
<strong>Noon</strong> - Mithril Cup qualifier horse race in Gondamon

<strong>1:30pm</strong> - Pre-race festivities, music by Breakfast Club.
<strong>2:00pm</strong> - Longbottom Leaf Cup qualifier horse race in Michel Delving

<strong>3:30pm</strong> - Pre-show festivities at the Horsefields near the festival grounds north of Bree, music by Die Meisterbarden von Bree.
<strong>4:00pm</strong> - Formation riding team demonstration and fireworks show.
<strong>4:30pm</strong> - Group ride from the Horsefields to Bree's town square.

<strong>5:00pm</strong> - Parade of rare horse breeds at Bree town hall.
<strong>5:30pm</strong> - Spring Racing Carnival concert, music by the Lonely Mountain Band.
<strong>6:30pm</strong> - Horse show (mounted fashion contest) at town hall.  5000 TP for first, 2500 TP for second, and 1000 Turbine Points for third place.
<strong>7:30pm</strong> - Bree Cup Championship Race – 300 gold and 5000 TP for first place, 100 gold and 2500 TP for second place, 75 gold and 1000 Turbine Points for third place.
<strong>8:00pm</strong> - Closing ceremonies.

<strong>Important Notes</strong>
Qualifier races have an entry fee of 1 gold.  Sponsorships are available for young riders.  Qualifier race prizes are 10 gold and 1000 TP for first place, 5 gold and 500 TP for second place, 3 gold and 100 Turbine Points for third place.  Riders must win top three in a qualifier race to be invited to the Bree Championship Cup.  Horse show registration will close once the raid group is full -- contact Kiralynn to register early before all slots are taken.
[/code]

Last edited by Kiralynn of Rohan on 2013/05/02 2:07 pm; edited 1 time in total

Awarded:

Should all the judges and event staff join a channel for this event, since we can't all fit in a raid group?

Perhaps we could: /joinchannel SRCstaff

I could really use some way to communicate with volunteers that isn't going to spam kinchat. Raid chat won't work, as it will be full of event contestants. I can put this channel on its own tab to make sure I don't miss any questions or issues.

Even if your channel list is full, perhaps you'll consider leaving some other channel temporarily (I'm turning off shire-moot) and rejoining it after the events are over.

Does this work for everyone?

Awarded:

I think this will work; I think we did this last year also.

• main: Byrcha (pronounced: BUR-ka), Hobbit treasure-hunter

• Landroval alts: Braxwald, Brenthiel, & Hathellaith (LMB); Belyndil (Ales and Tales); Yahr (Lonely Mountain Brewery); Byrkhild, Byrchette, & Byrchetta (Secret Pie Vault); Byrwing (Sisters of the Moon); Byraen; Byrwen (Ithil refugee).

Andeon
Officer

done and done - I'll log out of book club long enough to join this channel for the event (seeing as it'll overrun book club anyway :))

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: