Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Lonely Mountain Band Forum Index -> Windy Acres Riding Club
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kiralynn
Kiralynn of Rohan
Officer

Awarded:

re: NEXT RACE: War Steed Stampede - Saturday at 4pm in Bree

The War Steed Stampede fun run will be held on Saturday at 4pm /servertime. Meet at the stage in front of the Prancing Pony in Bree-town!

First Place - 1,600 Turbine Points!
Second Place - 10 gold
Third Place - 5 gold

You can win Perlino steeds and holiday decorations by betting on the right horse or answering equestrian trivia questions!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

War Steed Stampede Map

Forum Image

The race begins between the stone walls at the west end of the courtyard at the Prancing Pony in Bree. (29.6S/51.5W)
Forum Image

Continue down the road, west through the Inn Gate. (29.6S/57.9W)
http://roll3d6.com/banders/courses/stampede-chkpt1.jpg

Next, gallop counter-clockwise (left turn) around the stout tree at Windview Estates. (29.0S/52.7W)
http://roll3d6.com/banders/courses/stampede-chkpt2.jpg
Go up the Scholar’s Stair and pass the boar stage on the Scholar’s Walk. (30.6S/51.8W)
Forum Image

Ride uphill through the alley that starts near the Woodsman’s Gate and ends on the road to Staddle. (31.3S/50.4W)
Forum Image

The finish is an imaginary line between the two stone walls at the south end of the Pony’s courtyard. (29.8S/51.3W)
Forum Image

Last edited by Kiralynn of Rohan on 2013/01/07 9:36 am; edited 1 time in total

That was a most exciting race, Kiralynn - thank you! Whether you realize it or not, you've opened up a whole new world of Horse Racing - the Warsteeds are, I think, going to significantly change the field - I hope you continue to offer fixed speed horse racing (162 and 168) as well as begin to open up the field to warsteed racing as well - I think, for fairness and accessibility to the general community, we really need at LEAST the 162 and 168 racing - I think the warsteed racing will be a whole genre unto itself, and by it's nature is somewhat less "fair".

Again, thank you Santy Clause and Kiralynn for a most enjoyable horse race - sadly, I didn't do quite as well as I'd hoped, but I still think I turned in a respectable performance for my first warsteed race, and I walk away proud.

Thank you all that participated, and thank you judges as well - every race hinges on your willingness to keep things measured and fair, and I appreciate all your time and sacrifice.

Awarded:

I agree! The warsteed racing is quite a different experience - you have to watch your speed on turns!
The race course was great, btw. Plenty of challange in there! As a suggestion, maybe make the warsteed races a little longer or have them go twice through the route. It was over so fast!
Kiralynn
Kiralynn of Rohan
Officer

Awarded:

Thank you for the feedback. I'll have a lot easier time coming up with race courses when I have a warsteed of my own. Please do post any other suggestions you may have about war steed racing rules. For example... should we disallow Dash?

Awarded:

I think it does show up as a buff under the character - will check when I log in.
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Lonely Mountain Band Forum Index -> Windy Acres Riding Club All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: