Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Lonely Mountain Band Forum Index -> Other Worlds
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Locney Esgal

re: The Lonely Mountain Gamer's Guild!

Hi-de-ho, Folks!

Do you play LOTRO, but sometimes find yourself outside Middle-Earth, strange as that may be?

Do you wish you could meet your fellow banders in other lands?

WELL LOOK NO FARTHER!

Ol' Loc's startin' up the LONELY MOUNTAIN GAMER'S GUILD!

If you have games you play that you wouldn't mind playing with your fellow banders, post your game info here and see what happens! I've even started a Steam group for those who use it! Just mention your Steam name and if you want an invite an' I'll get right on it! If you have guilds/clans/whathaveyou that you wouldn't mind a bander friend in, advertise! Hope ta hear from ya soon!

I've done extensive research and have come to the conclusion that Sanity is detrimental to Fun and is completely unnecessary for human survival. As man who claims to be a doctor, my semi-professional opinion is to have your Sanity surgically removed at the earliest connivance.
Andeon
Officer

ooh...a steam group just for me?!? send it my way - I think you already have me friended

the scope of stuff I play online is rather...well...embarassing, to be quite frank - I should probably do something more productive with my life...but here's a quick list of my games - as for finding me...that's harder - I only vaguely remember what my online handles are for my umpteen many games - but I'll list my games first, and if anyone wants to meet up with me in the digital carnival that is the internet, I'll track down my gamer tag for whatever that happens to be

My top 10 right now
LOTRO - obviously

Star Trek Online - not a great game, but it's certainly gotten it's hooks in me somehow - @KermitGB is, i'm pretty sure, my global tag

Battlefield 3 - EA is a miserable taskmistress, and BF3 has disappointed me with no in-game support for voice chat on the PC - but I still play it, and Battlefield is one of my all time favorite online team based shooters - I think i'm TX1013 on the pc, and...something similar on the PS3

City of Heroes - I haven't played in a long time, but I still have it installed, and I still have characters there - I'll look up the contact info if anyone is interested

Alien Vs Predator - all of the games have been awful in some way, but they've all done something right as well, and I can't say no to Aliens, Predators, the creamy nuget center that is humanity - Colonial Marines is coming out soon, and it also has an online mode, and you can be sure I'll be there

IRONICALLY - I also own ps3 version of Lord of the Rings - War in the North - it's surprisingly good, and while I've never gone online with it, I'm happy to try and arrange figuring out how it works online if someone wants to co-op it

honestly, I'm up for almost ANYTHING that has a co-op component and is vaguely actiony - Dead Space 3 will be coming out at some point, yet another Gears of War, Transformers Fall of Cybertron - anything I can log into and coordinate with company is infinitely better than playing solo, even if you're terrible at it - the company makes the game more enjoyable, and anyone that has anything they'd like to find some online company for (gaming, that is), this is the perfect place to post and see if we can't find other reasons to go online

Officer

Awarded:

I play LOTRO and "Your Doodles Are Bugged!" and tabletop RPG games using GURPS 4th edition.

Awarded:

LOTRO is the only MMO I've ever played. Star Trek is tempting, since I recall the original series fondly from my formative years (yes, dimly even first-run). Star Wars too, since, well, it's Star Wars. But I've never tried them. Secret World sounded interesting too, maybe.

Previously I've played strategy games such as Civilization (IV not V, I lost my faith) and Hearts of Iron 3 as well as sports games such as Out of the Park Baseball. I've been itching to get back into HOI3 since a new expansion is due out in the fall. Both can be played single-player, but ultimately the best challenge and most fun is playing with/against non-AI folks.

LOTRO is my first priority since, unlike many folks here, I'm not at level-cap yet and haven't experienced much of the content yet. That said, variety is the spice of life no?

• main: Byrcha (pronounced: BUR-ka), Hobbit treasure-hunter

• Landroval alts: Braxwald, Brenthiel, & Hathellaith (LMB); Belyndil (Ales and Tales); Yahr (Lonely Mountain Brewery); Byrkhild, Byrchette, & Byrchetta (Secret Pie Vault); Byrwing (Sisters of the Moon); Byraen; Byrwen (Ithil refugee).

Carica
Carica Zoi
Chicken Officer

Awarded:

Locney, you do realize that by starting the steam group, you'll now have no excuse to go "nap"... twisted

Officer

Since I have a touch of Locneyitis myself, I'll limit this to F2P or active accounts:

LOTRO (duh!)
DDO (LMB refugee group already established)
Champions Online (LMB refugee group already established)
Star Trek Online
GW2 (we're still prelaunch, so nothing established yet. Looks like we're heading for the Tarnished Coast)

Niphred

I am currently active with the MMO's...

LOTRO
Guild Wars 2
Star Wars Galaxies (Or I should be this weekend. Going to install it and hop on the SWGemu server.)
All Points Bulletin Reloaded
Minecraft (Technically not an MMO, but it plays more like one than most advertised mmo's.)

“Did you not call this a glorious expedition? And wherefore was it glorious? Not because the way was smooth and placid as a southern sea, but because it was full of dangers and terror; because at every new incident your fortitude was to be called forth and your courage exhibited; because danger and death surrounded it, and these you were to brave and overcome. For this was it a glorious, for this was it an honorable undertaking.” - Victor Frankenstein
Anthemisi
Anthemisi

Awarded:

Ummm.. *thinks for ages to find the name of the only game she plays everyday/night long*;
I think you call it LOTRO, but for me, it's LOTRO LMB it's really different from previous one :)

sign me up please

I'm on Steam also and play a variety of games. Feel free to add me to the group. My username is TheMerryUnicorn. :)
Ivaldir

I am not very active in many games. I blame that on this horrible computer and lack of funding. But, I have a Steam account under Oreofox (my typical online name). The list of games on there is small, and all free (except 1). You can mostly find me on LOTRO, and every once in a while I will boot up Saints Row the Third, if I am in the mood to go on a killing spree that I can't do in the real world.
Isilwren

Copying from Cam's post . .

LOTRO (duh!)
DDO (LMB refugee group already established)
Champions Online (LMB refugee group already established

I don't really miss Champions, but I do miss our groupings on DDO. Seriously wish we'd start that up again.

Andeon, I have War in the North too. I play the Loremaster. Not sure if we can play together but I'd be willing to give it a go. I remember that Locney and I tried but our games were not compatible.

Awarded:

If I thought other friendly folks played, I'd renew my WoW account. Otherwise, I mostly just play LOTRO these days...though we do the Xbox Live thing in this house.

Alts include: Tinaith the Elven Huntress, Dereborn the Loremaster of Gondor.
Merrydew2

Hey Do All

I play Lotro as we all pretty much do and I am struggling through GW2 as Willowing, Merrydew and a couple others, all on Tarnished Coast. I have only really played Lotro and the going is dern slow in GW but I wouldn't mind having friends to talk to.

Trying to raise grandchildren is like trying to nail Jell-o to a tree.
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Lonely Mountain Band Forum Index -> Other Worlds All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: