Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Lonely Mountain Band Forum Index -> Windy Acres Riding Club
View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page Previous  1, 2
Kiralynn
Kiralynn of Rohan
Officer

Awarded:

re: Annual Race Calendar

I think the idea of a relay race using items crafted with specific names is brilliant!
I'll add one to the schedule.

Also, are any of you interested in acting as Race Master for one of these events?

One race per month seems like a good schedule - not so often that we're strapped for prizes and free-time, not so seldom that we can't have a good variety of events throughout the year. What do you think? More?

Awarded:

I think once a month sounds good. Any more would be too much for the volunteers. I think I may try being the race master one day. I've attended enough to know how it's run by now. I think. lol

Awarded:

All the ideas so far look like great fun. And I really like the idea of a monthly event, the more chances to run madly around Middle Earth on horseback the better :)

The Fellowship run, however, though it's in essence a good idea, would necessarily exclude female characters. To make it fair you'd have to either run two categories (eg. members of the Fellowship and female doppelgangers of members of the Fellowship, top nine from either category race) or else not restrict the lookalike contest to the Nine, but also include any character from LotR, Fellowship or not.

I've been thinking about how a barrel race could work in-game. I can't think of a set of pillars or boxes or something off the top of my head which would work as a course, but I'm sure such a set up could be found (and if not we might even be able to bribe Turbine into giving us one).

I could also possibly be a racemaster or judge for some of these, depending on times and dates.

Awarded:

re: Schedule Posted

I have posted the tentative schedule on the Windy Acres Ranch site: http://windyacres.mymiddle-earth.net/?page_id=2

I will update it as soon as possible with specific dates and times. Suggestions are welcome.

If you would like to host or volunteer for one of these events, please let me know.

Page 2 of 2

Jump to: