Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Lonely Mountain Band Forum Index -> Archives - Old News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Galenhir
FOUNDER

re: FREE BLOGS & SUBDOMAINS!

Hail friends - very happy to announce that MyMiddle-earth is back up and offering free blogging pages with subdomains at MyMiddle-earth.net. When you make a post in your blog - the activity stream will pick it up for all to see. Also, when you create a blog on the network, you instantly have an audience of how ever many users the network has - which right now is about 1,200 members. If you already have a wordpress blog, you can import your data if you want to bring in your old posts.

Also in other epic news, we are really excited to announce that Casual Stroll to Mordor will be importing their whole site into the Middle-earth Network!

If you are already a member and logged in - the link to create a new site/blog is here: http://mymiddle-earth.net/network-tracker/create

Looking forward to seeing your blogs on MyMiddle-earth!!!

"Hail Earendel, brightest of angels above the middle-earth sent unto men."-Cynewulf, Christ II

Astleigh
Officer

The site looks great. Ever since the mylotro "beta" debacle, I've been looking for a new home, and I think I've found it. I was surprised how easy it was to migrate my old blog to http://astleigh.mymiddle-earth.net using the wordpress import function! But I have a few questions:

Can we embed youtube videos in our blogs?

What features do the various paid packages offer?

Thanks for all the effort you've put into this!

Hail Astleigh! Great to see your blog on the network!

Yes - you can embed any HTML in a post.

I believe the details of pro-plan are still being worked on, but I do know it is 5X more storage space and additional wordpress/woo themes. I am sure there will be a detailed page up soon.

Also, if there is any specific wordpress theme that you want - you can order it through support.

SO MANY more features on the way!!!

This is all very exciting - It is what the LOTRO blogs should have been and beyond.

Cheers!

"Hail Earendel, brightest of angels above the middle-earth sent unto men."-Cynewulf, Christ II

hammino

sounds nice, I might go back to blogging there then.

High Officer

Awarded:

Just copied my blog from LinettsLore.wordpress.com over to linettslore.mymiddle-earth.net and suddenly I'm getting a ton of spam/link comments left on posts from waaaay back. Anyone else having problems with spammers at MME blogs?

However I did also get one from Gennyrose, so that makes up for it all :-) I like this new setup so far, spam or no spam!

I'm running my Landroval Times reports on my personal MMe page and have gottenn only one spam, several valid comments though

Working together we all benefit ~ Aldekim, Brambel - Lonely Mountain Band ~ Doribolger - Harp and Dragon (LMB alt kin) ~ Athilrond, Ahtook, Nellan, Elye, Sylduril, Nitnoy, Elduryl, Dironen - Clan Etal ~ Kaesy - Lonely Mountain Treasures (Byrdie alt kin)
Galenhir
FOUNDER

RannaDylin wrote:
Just copied my blog from LinettsLore.wordpress.com over to linettslore.mymiddle-earth.net and suddenly I'm getting a ton of spam/link comments left on posts from waaaay back. Anyone else having problems with spammers at MME blogs?

However I did also get one from Gennyrose, so that makes up for it all :-) I like this new setup so far, spam or no spam!

Are you still getting spam issues? If so - please forward the exact details of the spamming to mark@middleearthnetwork.com

We really want to fix that if it is a continuing issue!

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Lonely Mountain Band Forum Index -> Archives - Old News All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: