Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Lonely Mountain Band Forum Index -> Forum ROSTER (Edit/Sign Your Roster Entry)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
shava23
Officer

re: Artemesia steps up....

Name: Artemisia
Game: Lord of the Rings Online
Server: Landroval
Level: 60
Race: Hobbit
Class: Minstrel

((I realize I haven't touched the bio on my lotro main for years. However, I am thinking of coming back to LOTRO after some absence. I was an officer in The Crafting Union for a couple years, but from closed beta on I had been in the League of Arda, which started as the best and most organized (medium) RP kinship on the server. It was very good while it lasted. But it didn't last.

I found that the increasing emphasis on raiding in The Crafting Union wasn't feeding my soul, and my life got busy -- starting a new business perforce from getting unemployed! -- so I dropped out for a bit. I'm a lifetime/founder so it's pretty painless. But recently I realized that it wasn't really that I was bored with LOTRO when I left, but that I missed the easy and less contrived RP in LoA which didn't seem to happen in TCU even when they decided to have RP events -- because by choice, the people in the kinship weren't in an RP guild...))

Artemisia and her Brandybuck related Bounderbuck cousins, Vinca, Rue, and Damiana have a trading company, along with their Rohirrim friend Cynwed.

Artemisia fancies herself an up and coming artist, having won the Battle of the Bards and the Methel Stage Story Competition on successive nights and successive weeks. Of course, that was nearly three years ago, but she has been busy.

Her travels have embroiled her in the affairs of men, dwarves, elves, and more fell things. From an apple-cheeked hobbit maid, she has come to see her art as part of the preservation of the light in an increasingly dark world, maintaining those who fight with song and story as together they push back the forces that would bury this world of Arda.<br><br>

((should I stick, I have a whole set of alts at Supreme/SM in all the crafts, and am something of a crafting monster historically...))

Oddly although I've been in kinchat in game, my character is not showing on the roster. Perhaps I'll check tomorrow.

yrs,
Shava/Artemisia & Co.

Last edited by shava23 on 2010/06/26 8:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
Harperella
High Officer

Welcome to the Lonely Band! Join your harp to our song and adventure and merriment awaits!

--Harperella

P.S. Have a look at the stickies in the roster forum to claim your character.
shava23
Officer

Yay, claiming worked (the other day, but I forgot to note it...)

Very much enjoying the kinchat and company, crafting and various! :)

Shava/Artemisia & Co.
`Tinki`
Officer

I can say that, although i dont recall having grouped with Artemesia, this player has been pleasant on kin chat, and see no reason why he/she couldnt be promoted.
shava23
Officer

Thanks! I have chatted with and crafted for and attended an RP event (the elvish dawn of summer ceremony) with some banders, but have only chatted while soloing so far. I'm often not on for a whole evening, and because I'm an altaholic, if I'm not on Artemisia when something is starting up (that won't carry me past bedtime...!) it's hard to join a group.

But it's been very pleasant -- great group of people! :)

yrs,
Shava/Artemisia & Co.
Omsi

I can vouch for Artemesia's helpfulness—Rauldros carries a testament to her extraordinary skill with wood every time he goes into battle. Polite and happy to help the kin, I'd like to sponsor Artemisia for full membership.

Welcome to Artemesia & Co!

"Hail Earendel, brightest of angels above the middle-earth sent unto men."-Cynewulf, Christ II

shava23
Officer

Most pleased and happy to be here!

I tend to organize my game around my crafting (one adventures to get access to ore, wood, and hides, of course!). Everyone but Vinca is Supreme Master and Kindred with their crafting guild. Vinca let Faradae go first, on all the Khazad-Ores.

Artemisia, SM/K Tailor, 60 Mini
Rue, SM/K Woodworker, 36 Hunter
Vinca, SM/K Metalworker, 35 Guardian
Cynwed, SM/K Scholar, 35 Captain
Damiana, SM/K Jeweller, 31 Burglar
Faradae, SM/K Weaponsmith, 36 Warden
Gari, SM/K Cook, 31 Rune-Keeper

The story so far:

Artemisia and her cousins Vinca and Damiana (sisters) and Rue are all Bounderbucks. The first three spent their childhood in Buckland. Rue's mother was from Overhill, and when her father died when she was young, her mother went back to live with her people there, where her venturesome Buckland poppet was something of a scandal. As soon as Rue was old enough to travel, she began spending time in Buckland, and in their tweens the four became inseparable.

Artemisia, being bardic and all, is the marketing and negotiating sort of the lot. The four of them started a brisk trade with Bree folk very early on, bringing goods into the Shire from "far exotic lands." Being in Bree so much, they found early on what troubles were stirring in the world, and decided that where there is war, there is need of supply! But very few people in Bree knew the lands beyond.

One day, they came upon an old captain of the horse-people, a gray haired woman named Cynwed. Cynwed's people had lived in a village on some river, which had been over-run with Orcs. She had come from this far land with her sisterdaughter as the last of their town, hoping to spread news of the fate of other lands and rouse preparedness.

However, being somewhat short on funds, she took on the job of guide and caravanserai for Artemisia & Co.'s expedition.

It was somewhat later in their travels they came upon a dwarf of the Blue Hills named Gari who was seeking the finest knowledge in all Eriador regarding brewing. After sampling what Artemisia & Co. had in their aleskins, he engaged himself as cook on their expedition in order to follow them back to The Shire and study with the brewers there.

Yet later, shy Rue came upon an elven hunter in the woods, both stalking game in the same area. It became a fierce wordless game to them, which one could stalk and cleanly take down their prey. Faradae of Mirkwood was not quite the romantic image of elvenkind the hobbits had learned from story and song, but she was an Elf in the flesh. Helping the expedition find Rivendell with their goods, she proved an invaluable aid to the group.
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Lonely Mountain Band Forum Index -> Forum ROSTER (Edit/Sign Your Roster Entry) All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum