Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Lonely Mountain Band Forum Index -> Forum ROSTER (Edit/Sign Your Roster Entry)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cleowolf

re: APPROVED - App: Cleowolf - by Harperella

Name: Baarru
Game: Lord of the Rings Online
Server: Landroval
Level: 22
Race: Elf
Class: Warden

Hail and well met. God speed to the foes of the necromancer, may your swords stay sharp and your hearts remain bold.

My story is a simple one. I am the youngest son of a minor noble clan. Minor noble is an over statement. Wile we had a noble name my immediate family was only slightly better off then the others in our town. Yes we owned the largest farm in our community and the most of the others worked for my father it didn't stop me and my brothers from having chores.
As a child I spent my time either doing chores or frolicking in the woods. As an adolescent me and the other boys learned how to fight. My father's most experienced bondsman, a warrior named Nauranu taught us formations and how to protect each other in a phalanx. To me and my brothers he taught how to wield swords. My oldest brother will inherit the family lands and my other brothers will most likely become retainers for more powerful clans. Father is already sending some of us off to be fostered by these clan leaders to help strengthen alliances. As he takes in their sons.
Because we didn't have the wealth to foster me. When I came of age, I was given a shirt of mail, a shield and a sword. Father told me to go out and adventure to make him proud like our great grandfather had done earning the lands we live on. to make a name for my self, for fame and fortune.

A little about myself out of character. Me and two close friends are recent immigrants to this game and to this sever. we have been on this sever for about a week and a half. before this we had been playing on the Meneldor server where we had been since joining Lord of the rings about two months ago. Meneldor is nice but it is a ghost town. I don't think we ever saw more then ten people at any one time and 3 of them where us.

Previously we had played on the Antonius Bayle server of Everquest 2 in a light role playing guild named the "knights of the eternal tempest". Unfortunately the guild had dissolved. Before that we had been on the WoW sliver hand server. Where I had met the other two members of our trio. In the newbie zone out side of gold shire. We have been playing together for several years now. Wile in wow we made and ran a family guild named Ducki's Angles. Named after a founding member. I have been playing MMOs for almost ten years. Cutting my teeth in Dark ages of Camelot, on the role playing sever "Gwenevere" and still play AD&D Saturday nights. In the mid 1980s-late 1990's I've done living history with a Viking group in upstate New York named Vikland and iron age Celt with a Virginia base group named Clanne Preachain. I normally use the name Cleowolf which is the name of my main in eq2 (paladin) and in WoW (protection warrior). it is already taken on this server or i would use it again. I've been using that name since participating in living history. I got it from the Anglo Saxon chronicle. It seems to have been a fairly common pre-christian Germanic name.

Wile I'm a Tolkien fan my knowledge of the lord of the rings lore is limited. I look forward to learning more.

A gift to your bards. A segment of the poem Beowolf performed in Anglo Saxon. I give this find because I know the professors love of myth.

http://video.yahoo.com/watch/1366496/4712133

We attended your event Monday night and had a wonderful time. Our names in game names are Baaru (me), Grebe, and Arabesque. Seeing the pleasant company your kinship keeps encouraged us to look you up and request membership.

Thank you for your time.

Last edited by Cleowolf on 2010/06/23 6:10 pm; edited 3 times in total
Cleowolf

thank you for your consideration and i look forward to the interview. i did make a mistake on the form, Baarru is a guardian not a warden. :)
Ashenwood

The woods clan will be sponsoring Baarru. I have been working with this character a bit already
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Lonely Mountain Band Forum Index -> Forum ROSTER (Edit/Sign Your Roster Entry) All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum