Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Lonely Mountain Band Forum Index -> Postcards from Middle Earth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Valaraen

re: Ales and Tales @ Talons of Freedom 04/26/10

About a month ago, there was a shocking theft at the Talons of Freedom kinhouse. I'm not talking about the in-character bank-heist type of theft, either - someone took advantage of a mistake in the permissions, and took everything the kinship owned, and either sold or trashed it. The Landroval community came together, though, and tonight Ales and Tales was held at their lovely kin home in the Bree homesteads.

Forum Image

Valaraein arrived early and played a little harp music.

Forum Image

One of our gracious hosts arrives.

Forum Image

Dancing and merriment on the lawn

Forum Image

The gathering inside the lovely, refurnished home

Forum Image

Ainulindaleth shows up to flirt with Jhak and Ali

Forum Image

Nothing says Spring quite as well as a garden party.

Forum Image

Harperella taught Ainulindaleth to play the harp.

Forum Image

After drinking from the Inn League Keg, Ainulindaleth, Cyrinc and Daffodilia found themselves in Angmar.

I am so glad that there was a happy ending to such an unfortunate story - and that Talons of Freedom opened their home up to all the revelers. And I'm proud that Landroval has a community who are willing to do whatever they can to help out.

"Talons of Freedom" Album: Ales and Tales @ Talons of Freedom
All Ales and Tales Albums: Ales and Tales by Valaraen

"A Elbereth Gilthoniel o menel palan-diriel, le nallon sí di-nguruthos! A tiro nin, Fanuilos!"
Harperella
High Officer

This week's Ales and Tales was hosted by Blades of Justice, in their kinhall in the Breeland Estates.

Forum Image

The kinhouse was packed to the rafters with many adventurers showing up. A few of these were:
Aliselhak, Araduna, Arathrad, Astleigh, Benjimir, Boldhelm, Brandon, Cryssi, Cyrinc, Daffodilia, Diamiond, Earlrick, Elisal, Ellacin, Elvyniel, Erikr, Grayhawke, Halina, Harperella, Iluvriel, Javelarry, Kaleigh, Lennidhren, Lexxor, Loxthalion, Lynxa, Lyonardo, Nathliel, Nizno, Olalie, Olyver, Peren, Rainlilly, Ruphant, Sidarin, Siggurd, Thoriann, Turula, Vitus, Willegar, Winyder, and Witred

Apologies to those who I missed in my census--I didn't take enough screenshots with names turned on. sad

Lennidhren and Harperiel recited a poem together,

==Sindarin==

A Elbereth Gilthoniel
silivren penna míriel
o menel aglar elenath!
Na-chaered palan-díriel
o galadhremmin ennorath,
Fanuilos, le linnathon
nef aear, sí nef aearon!

==Westron Translation==
O Elbereth Starkindler,
white-glittering, slanting down sparkling like a jewel,
the glory of the starry host!
Having gazed far away
from the tree-woven lands of Middle-earth,
to thee, Everwhite, I will sing,
on this side of the Sea, here on this side of the Ocean!

Forum Image

We were addressed with thanks by our hosts Cyrinc and Brandon (Mislabelled in this pic...)

Forum Image

Halina serenaded us with some lovely music. Many peoples have gathered at Ales in Tales as kins, including the Sons of Numenor(in uniform, left), and the Bounders of the Shire (Hobbits front and center).

Forum Image

And speaking of Hobbits... we enjoyed a feast of truly Hobbit-sized portions out in ths sunshine.

Forum Image

Of course, it wouldn't be an Ales and Tales without some group dancing! Here we are doing and Elven Circle Dance. Ashenwoods twirling around in the center...

Forum Image

Special thanks to the Eriador Music Society that kept us well stocked with dance tune after tune. Here we are, doing some Dwarven line dances to a lively hornpipe.

Forum Image

So we had tales, songs, feasting and dancing... there's only one way to end this event... The Sinister Keg!

Forum Image

Thanks everyone for another wonderful event! See you next week at Sandson's Farm!

--Harperella
Omsi

Looks you caught the moment of my fall in that last screenshot!
Galenhir
FOUNDER

Omsi wrote:
Looks you caught the moment of my fall in that last screenshot!

That's always a fun way to log-off Omsi. See if you can time your collapse with the exact moment of disappearance!

"Hail Earendel, brightest of angels above the middle-earth sent unto men."-Cynewulf, Christ II

Earensul

Ack! My eyes!!! I can't see!!

The color for this page has changed, can't read anything much, everything is all a bright yellow!! wow!

Disregard, it's back to normal now.... /quizzical eye roll

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
3 Myrtle Court, Sprucebury Neighborhood, Shire Homesteads, on Landroval of the North America/Oceania Servers
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Lonely Mountain Band Forum Index -> Postcards from Middle Earth All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: