Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Lonely Mountain Band Forum Index -> Windy Acres Riding Club
View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
featherfur

re: Windy Acres Rodeo -- Join the fun!

You can tentatively pencil Liserona in as a barrel and a cow, so long as outfits are provided. I *think* I can be available then, but won't be certain until a few days before.

Hi all, Lifebringer here, just wanted to let you know that I made a short video of our barrel racing practice tonight. Check it out at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lYWWjc1xH7c&feature=youtu.be. It's not much, I was just trying to get a feel for the capture and editing software. Feel free to offer criticism to help me get better!

Kira, do you already have someone that will shoot the event? If not, may I give it a shot?
Kiralynn
Kiralynn of Rohan
Officer

Awarded:

I would love it if you video recorded the event!

Sorry that I wasn't there last night. I'm having trouble with the updates. I'm trying again right now and stuck around 87%.

Awarded:

I have a complication: our event starts at 3:00 and now I likely need to be somewhere else at 4:00. sad I should be able to be at the rodeo for the first 30-45 minutes as it stands currently, so I can do that portion of the program as clown/barrel/livestock.

• main: Byrcha (pronounced: BUR-ka), Hobbit treasure-hunter

• Landroval alts: Braxwald, Brenthiel, & Hathellaith (LMB); Belyndil (Ales and Tales); Yahr (Lonely Mountain Brewery); Byrkhild, Byrchette, & Byrchetta (Secret Pie Vault); Byrwing (Sisters of the Moon); Byraen; Byrwen (Ithil refugee).

Kiralynn
Kiralynn of Rohan
Officer

Awarded:

Byrcha wrote:
I have a complication: our event starts at 3:00 and now I likely need to be somewhere else at 4:00. sad I should be able to be at the rodeo for the first 30-45 minutes as it stands currently, so I can do that portion of the program as clown/barrel/livestock.

Aw, I am so disappointed! I was really looking forward to your performance. It sounds like you could be there as a "cow", but it looks like you'll need to find two people to perform the rodeo clown skits.

Depending on how many people compete and how smoothly people follow directions, this event will take anywhere from 60 to 90 minutes.

Last edited by Kiralynn of Rohan on 2013/06/28 2:05 pm; edited 1 time in total

My husband will bring his hobbit Isenquaver to be a cow. I can also bring a cow toon, but I'd rather be off to the side recording it all.
Kiralynn
Kiralynn of Rohan
Officer

Awarded:

The rodeo is this coming Saturday!

Here is the latest news on all fronts. Please feel free to comment and offer suggestions.

Volunteer Roles:

I would really like to finalize the volunteer list. If we can do that soon, we'll be able to have a "dress rehearsal" during this Wednesday's practice. If we can't, perhaps we can meet early at 2pm on rodeo day (Saturday) to answer any volunteer questions and work out the details.

* Clowns (2): Byrcha and Suncho
* Barrels (3): Lindenel, Ninang/Suncho and ???.
* Cows (8+): Isenquaver, Valtharon, Ninang/Suncho (?), Kikilaa (?), Byrcha(?), ???, ???, ???, ???
* Musicians (3-5): Die Meisterbarden von Bree

If you don't see your name on the volunteer list, please post if you'd like to sign up. I sincerely appreciate your assistance. Big hugs and thanks!

Event Prizes:

We have our Rohan Barrel of Horseshoes, all Horse Posts, all Kegs, a Braid of Horse Hair and a Hay Stook. We also have a pair of Long Tapestries and a Lorien Cowbell!

We have one of each size of Rohan chandelier. This is for the team penning competition, which is done in pairs. If anyone could please round up another small, big and huge chandelier, we'll have prizes for both members of the team.

Many thanks to everyone who is pitching in!

Event Schedule

I'm planning for the show to go like this:

* 1 hour before - Start advertising and taking sign-ups. Begin organizing volunteers as they become available.
* 30 minutes before - Have the band start playing anything they like at the field so that early arrivals know they're in the right place. Rodeo clowns can tell jokes or do stunts to entertain.
* 3:00pm - Introduction and welcome to the rodeo. Band begins playing country songs.
* Team penning competition. (I imagine we'll only have 1-3 groups competing.)
* First rodeo clown segment, 2-4 minutes of jokes/skit. Meanwhile, organizing the talent contest.
* Best Rodeo Clown talent contest.
* Second rodeo clown segment, 2-4 minutes of jokes/skit. Meanwhile, organizing the barrel racing.
* Barrel Racing competition.
* Third rodeo clown segment, 2-4 minutes of jokes/skit. Meanwhile, organizing the fashion contest.
* Best Wrangler mounted fashion contest.
* Rodeo clown segment (optional, if the clowns have something more they want to perform, no time limit).

Depending on how many people compete and how smoothly people follow directions, this event will take anywhere from 60 to 90 minutes. It's going to be absolutely amazing, thanks to all of you!

Last edited by Kiralynn of Rohan on 2013/06/27 3:22 pm; edited 1 time in total

Awarded:

Kiralynn,

I attempted to contact Wickedjfc of AnimalHouse to inquire as to their interest in performing, but have yet to get a response. However, given that I received a lot of mail after I sent that note, I don't know if his response got lost in the pile. I just sent a second note to him stating this, so hopefully we will hear soon, one way or the other. Just in case it does not work out, are there any other groups that you can think of that might be interested in helping?

Also, I just sent you my donkey mask. Hope it helps. On a related note, I also have the sheep and duckling masks; would you like these as well?

RohanArchitect wrote:
Kiralynn,

I attempted to contact Wickedjfc of AnimalHouse to inquire as to their interest in performing, but have yet to get a response. However, given that I received a lot of mail after I sent that note, I don't know if his response got lost in the pile. I just sent a second note to him stating this, so hopefully we will hear soon, one way or the other. Just in case it does not work out, are there any other groups that you can think of that might be interested in helping?

Also, I just sent you my donkey mask. Hope it helps. On a related note, I also have the sheep and duckling masks; would you like these as well?

My conversations with Animal House in regards to weatherstock suggest that Wicked (and therefore Animal House in general) is out of town and not available until after July 2nd.

Working together we all benefit ~ Aldekim, Brambel - Lonely Mountain Band ~ Doribolger - Harp and Dragon (LMB alt kin) ~ Athilrond, Ahtook, Nellan, Elye, Sylduril, Nitnoy, Elduryl, Dironen - Clan Etal ~ Kaesy - Lonely Mountain Treasures (Byrdie alt kin)
Kiralynn
Kiralynn of Rohan
Officer

Awarded:

RohanArchitect wrote:

Thank you! If you don't want them back, I'll be happy to add these to wardrobe street. If they're just a loan, let me know so that they make it home after the rodeo.

Apparently we need a "Plan C" for the band. Is this something you could look into? I'd really appreciate it. I'm still struggling with a healing dog and the infinite launcher bug. (8 days and no word from Turbine!) We only need 3 people, 5 at the most, assuming they just want to play the country ABCs. If they have their own country/western songs, that's fine, too.

Awarded:

There is some sad news. Kikilaa sent me a mail explaining that Die Meisterbarden won't be performing at the rodeo. Apparently, when it was no longer their mini-stock concert option, they were afraid to perform. They were concerned that it would look like they were given TWO mini-stocks and thus favoritism from the LMB. To avoid accusations of favoritism, they won't be playing and the majority of them won't be coming as "hobbit cows" either.

Awarded:

An understandable concern re the Meisterbarden, but surely they could still participate as cows/riders/clowns?

Perhaps we need a Plan D ... as in delay? If you're not even able to launch, how can the show go on?

• main: Byrcha (pronounced: BUR-ka), Hobbit treasure-hunter

• Landroval alts: Braxwald, Brenthiel, & Hathellaith (LMB); Belyndil (Ales and Tales); Yahr (Lonely Mountain Brewery); Byrkhild, Byrchette, & Byrchetta (Secret Pie Vault); Byrwing (Sisters of the Moon); Byraen; Byrwen (Ithil refugee).

Kiralynn
Kiralynn of Rohan
Officer

Awarded:

Byrcha wrote:
An understandable concern re the Meisterbarden, but surely they could still participate as cows/riders/clowns?

I'm not sure - perhaps it's not worth showing up to them if they can't also play music.

Byrcha wrote:
Perhaps we need a Plan D ... as in delay? If you're not even able to launch, how can the show go on?

I have a back-up PC I can use, it's just not as fast. It's good enough for event hosting but I wouldn't trying adventuring on it.

O. K. forgive me, but I just have to say...

No wonder Die Meisterbarden doesn't want to be cows if they can't play their Moo-sik

*rim shot*

Working together we all benefit ~ Aldekim, Brambel - Lonely Mountain Band ~ Doribolger - Harp and Dragon (LMB alt kin) ~ Athilrond, Ahtook, Nellan, Elye, Sylduril, Nitnoy, Elduryl, Dironen - Clan Etal ~ Kaesy - Lonely Mountain Treasures (Byrdie alt kin)
Craicwyth
RohanArchitect
Officer

Awarded:

One problem with this exercise is that bands are inevitably attracted to Weatherstock; given Die Meisterbarden's concerns, it may be difficult to find a group that is both not performing at Weatherstock and is interested in performing at the rodeo. I have been spending some time hanging around popular performing venues in Bree and Michel Delving to see what turns up, but so far the only performer I have found was a member of Andunie; even if they were not in the Weatherstock line up, I doubt that the rodeo playlist is something they would choose to perform! So, has anyone run across a band who might be interested?

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: