Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Lonely Mountain Band Forum Index -> Archives - Old News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Harperella
High Officer

re: New Site feature : LFF

I've enabled the "Rapid Raid" tool on the Guildlaunch site. You get to it via the "LFF" button in the far right. From there, you can sign up for existing raids, or create a new one yourself. Let me know if there are problems using it.

--Harper

Awarded:

It looks like it is not using servertime as a reference? This could be potentially confusing.

• main: Byrcha (pronounced: BUR-ka), Hobbit treasure-hunter

• Landroval alts: Braxwald, Brenthiel, & Hathellaith (LMB); Belyndil (Ales and Tales); Yahr (Lonely Mountain Brewery); Byrkhild, Byrchette, & Byrchetta (Secret Pie Vault); Byrwing (Sisters of the Moon); Byraen; Byrwen (Ithil refugee).

Sonca
Vulpes_Velox
Officer

Awarded:

I could not find anything in the help section, but it seems to be time zone aware so perhaps the time entered is assumed to be the local time of the person setting up the event but stored on the server in GMT and then as different users hit it, the time is displayed in their own local time.

The listing on the initial LFF page was showing A&T at 18:30, but when I went to sign up for it, that page was telling me it was at 6:30 PM (-6 GMT) for me.

I agree it is confusing with out any kind of indication of the type of time system being used. There should be some simple one-line statement telling the user how it will process and store the time.

That is likely going to be a lot easier than trying to make it work based on 'Server Time' for the game. I have a number of web apps I have to deal with for work and this is one of the things that keeps tripping me up. Even though all of my users are in the same time zone I have to take into account how the 3rd party tools and the servers we use deal with time variables. Each one of those generally expects time to be in either GMT or local time to the user. Some of the later will then try to convert that time based on the computer's internal clock settings to match GMT. Programming time aware functions is the biggest pain for the smallest return on investment in my job.

Officer

Awarded:

As I look at the events, the times seem not to be Eastern or my time zone. Very confusing.

EDIT: OK, default is your local time. But it's not correct as it is showing A&T at 6:30 and says my local time is 00:30. So where did the 6:30 come from anyway?

For what its worth A&T preamble at 9:30 servertime is 02:30 my time.

Aldekim
Officer

looking at the Ales & Tales listing for tonight it shows up as being 18:30. That is 24 hour clock format for 6:30 pm which would be correct start time based on West Coast time.

Working together we all benefit ~ Aldekim, Brambel - Lonely Mountain Band ~ Doribolger - Harp and Dragon (LMB alt kin) ~ Athilrond, Ahtook, Nellan, Elye, Sylduril, Nitnoy, Elduryl, Dironen - Clan Etal ~ Kaesy - Lonely Mountain Treasures (Byrdie alt kin)
Harperella
High Officer

I entered in all the times as PST (Pacific Standard Time) as that is my local timezone. Let me see if I can force it to do everything in /servertime.

--Harper

Everything is now in /servertime. We'll stick to that from here on out.

--Harper

Awarded:

Thanks Harper! Been here so long that I live on servertime now :)

Guildlaunch is still wrong though as it insists that I am 6 hours ahead when it is only 5.

So just to check, Gwibbers is at 14:30?

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Lonely Mountain Band Forum Index -> Archives - Old News All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: