Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Lonely Mountain Band Forum Index -> Other Worlds
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Elyita

Awarded:

re: The Secret World

For the life of me, I cannot remember who I was chatting with about The Secret World last month, but in case they are still out there and thinking about buying, it is for sale for a one time fee of $10.

TSW is a dark fantasy MMO set in modern times. It's designed by Ragnar Tørnquist, the guy behind The Longest Journey, so I have big hopes for the story.

http://www.thesecretworld.com/

I can give a very enthusiastic pair of thumbs up for TSW - it's lots of fun and fills a part of interest that lotro doesn't touch - lovecraftian horror with reality and spontanoues ARG's. $10 for a B2P is an excellent price!
Keli
Keli
Officer

Awarded:

I played TSW for a month when it first came out and really enjoyed it. Just didn't fancy another sub at the moment.

Mellilot
Officer

Awarded:

Is a 'spontaneous ARG' what you do when you find half a maggot in your apple?
Elyita

Awarded:

Mellilot wrote:
Is a 'spontaneous ARG' what you do when you find half a maggot in your apple?

Ha! No, that's an Alternative Reality Game, a story that unfolds through e-mails, websites, texts, and community collaboration.

I've been playing TSW with my husband this weekend and we've been having a blast. It's a unique MMO, very different from LOTRO--humorous horror rather than high fantasy. The quests are clever, though occasionally frustrating (I'm supposed to know Morse code now? Translate a cipher through trial and error? Uh.) I'm really loving the classless system. It has a steep learning curve, but I think I'm getting the hang of it. It was nice to be able to switch my character's focus without rerolling--I started as sword/chaos, switched to fist/chaos, and may move to fist/blood later.

Two thumbs up here. I'm a Templar on the Arcadia dimension (though as I understand it, you can play with people on other dimensions and in other factions.) Name's Elyanna.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Lonely Mountain Band Forum Index -> Other Worlds All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: