Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Lonely Mountain Band Forum Index -> Other Worlds
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Harperella
High Officer

re: Postcards from Tyria

The thing I love most about Guild Wars 2 is the incredible environments that Arenanet designed. Here's a few that I remembered to capture on screenshots:
Harperflora in The Grove. Reminds me of Pandora from Avatar.
Forum Image

A sylvari village in the wilds.
Forum Image

Harperflora in Lion's Arch:
Forum Image

Another shot of Lion's Arch. Some kind of tower built of ships. The whole place is built of ships.
Forum Image

Overall, this is the most gorgeous environment I've ever wandered in. Though the source material for the lore has been cut from whole cloth, it's a rich one, and only requires the reader to suspend disbelief occasionally. The color palettes are wonderful, the environment is fully 3-d, and the game mechanics are all structured around wandering the landscape. Arenanet gets an A+ for world development here.

--Harper

Here are some more pics from GW2:

Forum Image
Forum Image
Forum Image
Forum Image
Forum Image

I'm really in love with the Sylvari aesthetic. The art of their area is wonderful.

--Harper

Awarded:

I've never played this (hard enough finding time for lotro) but I must say those are some truly fantastic pictures and very tempting to take a peek!!
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Lonely Mountain Band Forum Index -> Other Worlds All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: