Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Lonely Mountain Band Forum Index -> Windy Acres Riding Club
View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Anarwald
Officer

Awarded:

re: Pre-Order of Riders of Rohan - What did you buy... or not?

Aldekim wrote:
For what it is worth, developers have confirmed that the 6th bag will be available day one of the new expansion in the Turbine store as an account wide item purchase.

*Phew*... That makes me feel better. Base edition it is, then.

I will probably pre-order the legendary close to release simply because I have a computer to build before then. If I find out the extra warhorse skills are lame as Harper suggested, then I might go with the base + bag a la carte.
Apis
Ellinnea
Officer

Awarded:

There's a new FAQ posted:

http://www.lotro.com/news/latestnews/2082-riders-of-rohan-pre-order-faq

It's mostly the same as what was already shown on the pre-order website, but there are a couple additions, notably the prices that will be live in the Store on September 5th:

Rohan Expansion Content: 4295 TP
    >Expansion Content includes the quests in the Rohan region. [I read this as "quest pack"]
    Rohirrim Skinned Soldier on Landscape: 295 TP
    6th Inventory Bag (Account-wide): 995 TP
    Crystal of Remembrance: 995 TP
    The Outriders Token: 495 TP

I'm relieved that this time they're announcing prices ahead of release.

A bevy of other characters, as listed at my lotro-wiki page
Byrcha
LEADER

Awarded:

What about the "Exclusive Rohan Content" from the Legendary edition -- will that be available in the store separately also? That is the only lingering doubt between me and: Base Edition plus in-store purchase of 6th bag. The price of the Base edition preorder is essentially what you'd pay for the expansion in the store later, if one is paying $1 per 100TP.

• main: Byrcha (pronounced: BUR-ka), Hobbit treasure-hunter

• Landroval alts: Braxwald, Brenthiel, & Hathellaith (LMB); Belyndil (Ales and Tales); Yahr (Lonely Mountain Brewery); Byrkhild, Byrchette, & Byrchetta (Secret Pie Vault); Byrwing (Sisters of the Moon); Byraen; Byrwen (Ithil refugee).

Harperella
High Officer

veteranlurker wrote:
What about the "Exclusive Rohan Content" from the Legendary edition -- will that be available in the store separately also? That is the only lingering doubt between me and: Base Edition plus in-store purchase of 6th bag. The price of the Base edition preorder is essentially what you'd pay for the expansion in the store later, if one is paying $1 per 100TP.

I -think- the "exclusive Rohan Content" is the horse quest in Combe. I didn't get a chance to actually play it today, but I got a note in my bag and accepted a new quest.

--Harper

Awarded:

Celestrata says that the Combe horse quest series is for the people who buy the legendary edition, so I guess that part won't be available in the store.

Hmm, maybe I'll wait with Kira and see if the legendary edition goes on a 50% sale some months after release. I'm not in any particular hurry. The pre-order exclusives don't grab me as essential, or even very interesting, really.

A bevy of other characters, as listed at my lotro-wiki page
Dannigan
Officer

Awarded:

Celestrata has also provided what folks get at the time of purchase. Hooray for Celestrata! =)

I have my eye on the Legendary Pre-order package. Having three level 75's and a bunch of characters overall, it seems like the best deal for me.

Honor and fun,
Mithrilfist a.k.a. Dannigan

"No language is justly studied merely as an aid to other purposes. It will in fact better serve other purposes, philological or historical, when it is studied for love, for itself." - J.R.R. Tolkien, English and Welsh (1955)
http://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/J._R._R._Tolkien

My Lonely Mountain Band characters include Dannigan (main, 100th-level Human Warden), Briamil (95th-level Elven Rune-keeper), Gori "Mithrilfist" Brightforge (95th-level Dwarven Champion), Mithrilfists (also Gori, 60th-level Dwarven Guardian), and Whittle (95th-level Hobbit Hunter). Far apart, never alone! =)
Harperella
High Officer

Dannigan wrote:
Having three level 75's and a bunch of characters overall, it seems like the best deal for me.

I think this part seals the deal. If you've got multiple end-game characters, then the legendary package gets much more valuable with each character.
Base: Rohirrim Skinned Soldier on Landscape: 295 TP
Heroic: The Outriders Token: 495 TP
Legendary: Crystal of Remembrance: 995 TP

Now that I've got my Crystals of Remembrances, I just need to hold onto them until RoR comes out!

--Harper

Awarded:

I completely agree that the Legendary edition is the best deal.
I just don't see any reason to buy it right now.
I'll be joining the crowd waiting for the price to drop.

Assuming you don't have $75 to spend on an upgrade to a video game, I think it's better to wait for the Legendary edition to be cheap than to buy a lesser edition and miss out on the account-wide 6th bag slot.

Awarded:

Kiralynn of Rohan wrote:
Assuming you don't have $75 to spend on an upgrade to a video game, I think it's better to wait for the Legendary edition to be cheap than to buy a lesser edition and miss out on the account-wide 6th bag slot.

This is a good point. However, the Legendary Edition will become cheap only after the Expansion is released; so either way, you will end up getting the 6th inventory bag only in September, rather than right now.

Most of the other goodies in the Legendary Edition (with the *possible* exception of the Crystal of Remembrance) will be useless to me. I'd rather get my hands on the awesome-looking new horse now, and use the TP I've earned/received through my subscription and through deeding to get the inventory bag when it becomes available in the store. I'll have less qualms about spending 995 TP on it since it's account wide.

High Officer

Awarded:

An update to the pre-order offers:

http://cstm.mymiddleearth.com/2012/06/the-riders-of-rohannow-with-turbine-points-and-instance-cluster/

In response to the outcry, Turbine is adding Turbine Points to each pre-order package (retroactively granted to anyone who has already pre-ordered) and confirmed that the instance cluster coming out later this fall after Riders of Rohan launches, will be free to those who have purchased the expansion.

Confirming reciept of the bonus points... Cam was staring at nearly 9k last night, and trying to figure out which dress she needs.

Since I didnt see it earlier, I'll also add a brief summary of th Combe stuff. It's a brief quest chain, leading from Combe's stables eventually to Hengstacer, where the dailies are. Two deeds: one for doing every quest at least once, and one for doing any combination of them 60 times. The session plays are fun, but the 30 min time limit was a rude surprise. We won't really be "chickening" as warhorses, I guess... Ealswyth is the only one of mine pursuing this chain, and she has 1 quest left to draw from the daily lottery for the title. The cloak is her real objective, and we're at 22/60 on that one.

Harperella
High Officer

I ended up splurging for the Legendary edition on my second account after they sweetened the deal with the extra TP. My son was really happy with the Rohan cosmetics and horse and is doing the horse quests, so it was a hit there.

--Harper

Awarded:

I broke down and bought the Legendary one. For me, it started with the bonus TP and the fact that eeebil Turbine released the Burglar horse - which, coincidentally, can be bought for the bonus TP I would get with the Rohan pack. (Though actually, the final straw was that I was on a character with more stuff than room, whose vault was at that point where you need to buy more space from the store, and which space isn't currently on sale.) So I suppose the decision to buy right now was motivated by the 6th bag, but I'll give most of the credit to the fact that the Burglar horse is only here for a couple weeks, and I really wanted it.

Lol, Qiredis, you sound like me -- justifying and finding even more reasons to justify giving yourself a gift! I look forward to seeing and drooling over your new mount. :)
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Lonely Mountain Band Forum Index -> Windy Acres Riding Club All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: