Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Lonely Mountain Band Forum Index -> Archives - Old News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lennidhren
RannaDylin
High Officer

Awarded:

re: Ales and Tales Survey

Please take a moment to fill out the Ales and Tales survey at the following link:

http://tinyurl.com/alesandtalessurvey

We are considering a small time change and also the possibility of a new Ales and Tales Extreme event and would love some feedback!

Awarded:

Woohoo, EAT!
Anthemisi
Anthemisi

Awarded:

re: Re: Ales and Tales Survey

RannaDylin wrote:
Please take a moment to fill out the Ales and Tales survey at the following link:

http://tinyurl.com/alesandtalessurvey

We are considering a small time change and also the possibility of a new Ales and Tales Extreme event and would love some feedback!

Filled it happily! ATX sounds better than others, don't try to make me hungry, with such words 'eat' or 'ate'! A&T isn't eating contest, right? By the way, if 'eat' wins, I would cook pies, and more pies and more... envy

Officer

Awarded:

Lenn, you have written some good questions here. Thanks for putting this up. =)

Honor and fun,
Mithrilfist a.k.a. Dannigan

"No language is justly studied merely as an aid to other purposes. It will in fact better serve other purposes, philological or historical, when it is studied for love, for itself." - J.R.R. Tolkien, English and Welsh (1955)
http://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/J._R._R._Tolkien

My Lonely Mountain Band characters include Dannigan (main, 100th-level Human Warden), Briamil (95th-level Elven Rune-keeper), Gori "Mithrilfist" Brightforge (95th-level Dwarven Champion), Mithrilfists (also Gori, 60th-level Dwarven Guardian), and Whittle (95th-level Hobbit Hunter). Far apart, never alone! =)
Neiahel
Tirswen

Added my responses. Doubtful the time-slot can move forward in time, but it is worth putting ideas in the hat.
Cennwyn
Cennwyn

Awarded:

I'm very curious to hear the results--particularly whether there's a chance of moving the time-slot up :)

Alts include: Tinaith the Elven Huntress, Dereborn the Loremaster of Gondor.
Aldekim
Officer

/agrees with Cennwyn

Working together we all benefit ~ Aldekim, Brambel - Lonely Mountain Band ~ Doribolger - Harp and Dragon (LMB alt kin) ~ Athilrond, Ahtook, Nellan, Elye, Sylduril, Nitnoy, Elduryl, Dironen - Clan Etal ~ Kaesy - Lonely Mountain Treasures (Byrdie alt kin)
Lennidhren
RannaDylin
High Officer

Awarded:

Sure, I'll post results - I think I will wait till the survey is closed though in case it would influence anyone's answers to see how the winds are blowing first. I'll leave it up through next Monday so anyone who wasn't at this week's A&T will have a chance to hear about it. Feel free to mention it in /alesandtales and kinchat when I'm not around to do so - send people to http://tinyurl.com/alesandtalessurvey .

Awarded:

re: Results!

67 people responded to the A&T Survey! Here's the results of the poll. Sorry about the size of the screen captures; images get shrunk in forum posts, but you can click on these to see them full size and legible.

(Also, you can scroll to the end of this post for summary/conclusions if you don't want to read all the details! Please do read the summary at least, as it includes the new time slot for A&T and the new ATE!)

What is your role in Ales and Tales?
Forum Image

What are your favorite parts of Ales and Tales?
Forum Image

How often are you able to attend Ales and Tales?
Forum Image

How convenient is the current Ales and Tales time slot for you? (10:30pm - midnight /servertime [Eastern] on Mondays)
Forum Image

Do you attend Nibbles and Nobs, the open mic pre-party an hour before Ales and Tales?
Forum Image

If Ales and Tales were to start earlier, I would prefer...
Forum Image

In what ways would an earlier A&T start affect you?
Forum Image

If Ales and Tales started earlier, I...
Forum Image

Would you be interested in attending Ales and Tales Extreme?
Forum Image

If Ales and Tales Extreme were held on a weekday evening (probably sometime between 8pm and midnight /servertime), when could you attend?
Forum Image

If Ales and Tales Extreme were held on a weekend, when could you attend?
Forum Image

I would prefer to attend Ales and Tales Extreme...
Forum Image

Not all regular performers and stage crew volunteers would be able to make it to Ales and Tales Extreme locations. To make it happen, would you be willing to...
Forum Image

Which acronym do you like for Ales and Tales Extreme?
Forum Image

And here are the locations suggested for Ales and Tales Extreme (yes, there are duplicates - I'm just copying everyone's answers, you'll see some were popular suggestions!)

21st hall
    Lothlorien
    21st hall in Moria
    Galtrev
    Lothlorien: anywhere, though there's some very nice gazebos in the forest outside the city proper. Also, Imrad Lalaith by the river would be nice, unless the drunken elf chatter interfered. And the swan fountain is pretty too.
    Forochel might be fun.
    Any of the ruins around Eregion that aren't occupied by orcses.
    I'm not a Moria fan, but I know others are, and I wouldn't mind attending ATE there so long as I could find my way (or someone helped me).
    Caras Galadhon in Lothlorien or the surrounding hills
    21st Hall or the Bridge of Khazad-Dum in Moria;
    the tavern in Stangard;
    Hall of Fire in the Last Homely House in Rivendell.
    ALL OF THEM! (hi, Loc :-)
    Limlight Glade,
    Vile Maw entrance,
    Pristine Glade,
    Harndirion
    There is a rather pretty lake in Enedwaith, and I think Lothlorien would be scenic as well.
    Dream location would be Zirak Zigil - on the mountainside. Would require a lot of monster clearing, though.
    Anywhere in the Golden Wood/Caras Galadhron
    The Bridge Shard in the Foundations of Stone
    The Heart of Fire forges in Moria (location unlocked in Vol II)
    The top of the Endless Stair in the Foundations of Stone
    The Chamber of Mazarbul
    Gwingris
    The eastern gates of Moria (exterior)
    The glowing stone sculpture just West of the Dolven View
    The stairs on the west end of Nud Melek (overlooking the tree pillars)
    The mead hall and tavern in Stangard are just made for Ales and Tales.
    I'd also love to see some stuff happen in Lothlorien -- the Caras Galadhon flets and the docks by Imlad Lalaith would be great.
    The secret tavern in the 21st hall would be brilliant, but since the only way to get there is by Moria keg it'd take a lot of captains and a lot of keg ports to get just one band up there, so it might not be practicable.
    A&T must take the hobbits to Isengard!
    Stangard Mead Hall,
    Limlight Gorge Ent Grove,
    Ettenmoors - Glan Vraig, cappies can summon there,
    Moria (21st Hall the Chamber of Leadership, Tharakh Bazan in Durin's Way),
    Eregion - Burnt Tor,
    Lothlorien (Caras Galadhon, Vinyards of Lorien, The Quiet Garden, Mirrormere),
    Enedwaith - Maur Tulhau a.k.a. the Stoor Village, Nar's Peak,
    Angmar - Aughaire, Tarmunn Sursa near Carn Dum
    Super extreme - 24 people kill Draigoch and throw a party over his body.
    Anywhere free of mobs would be best.
    None, It really is un-fair to those that are lower level. [Lenn: Yeah, but that's kind of the point...anyway, this comment was from someone who doesn't even attend regular A&T so I sense some disgruntlement.]
    The Peaceful Glade,
    Limlight Glade,
    the Garden of Memory,
    the Avardin Main Stage
    Anywhere inside Lothlórien,
    the garden in Moria,
    Gwingris,
    the Pristine Glade,
    the Eavespires,
    Sâri-surma,
    the Snowman Village at Tâl Methedras,
    Quickbeam's Grove (that would be quite extreme)
    Stangard Tavern
    Stangard Mead Hall
    Haunted Tavern
    Galtrev
    Tower of Orthanc front steps
    Hobbit village in the Ettenmoors
    Lothlorien Vinyards
    The Pristine Glade,
    Galtrev,
    Stangard,
    The Ent area in the Limlight Gorge
    The Pristine Glade in Dunland
    Nar's Peak in Endewaith
    I have yet to travel to Moria and beyond so I'm not sure!
    The pub in stanguard
    Gloin's camp in the Misty Mountians
    There are some lovely ruins in Eregion
    Now that they are letting anyone into Lothorien, that 'maybe' provides the potential for low levels to go there (Might still be throttled by the walls of moria private instance).
    21st hall also has plenty of space to hold an Ales and Tales.
    I can't think of its name right now, but the elf haven in the western Mournshaws area of Enedwaith might work. It's part of the volume 3 epic quest. I'm not sure if it's only accessible with the book quest, if it's a pre-requisite, or accessible at any time.
    The Vinyards in Lothlorien would also be a good location.
    Lothlorien--it's hard to get to, but once you're there, there are plenty of low-to-no aggro areas. And, it's beautiful.
    Mirkwood would make a great Halloween setting.
    Hall of Durin
    The Heart of Fire (located in the Way of Smith in Moria)
    The Grand Stairs
    Galadhriel's Garden in Caras Galadhon
    Winery in Lothlorien
    Haunted Inn
    Tree of Suffering in Mirkwood
    Inside Nar's Peak in Enedwaith
    The Ale Hall in Stangard
    I'm only 34 so my ability to go to high level areas is limited. I would like to see the show go to other servers.
    On a flet in Lothlorien, on a remote mountain in the Misties
    Vineyards of Lorien
    Twlhw Mawr
    Forochel
    Elfspires in Evendim
    I often run into neat little glens that would be great for A&T if only it were safe.
    Balrog's Corpse
    it has often been mentioned that Lothlorien, or the glade in LG would be a amazing area for a A&T. I honestly like to read the broadcast of A&T because i really enjoy the stories from the different toons, and also because i am normally in other areas that would require travel, or purchased maps. But if we held the extreme a&t i would travel to the area just to get to experience the story telling in such a majestic area.

That's a great list of locations to work with! But please, if you have additional ideas, add them to this thread or send them to me by PM or in game...

Conclusions:

1. Ales and Tales will move back an hour to 9:30pm /servertime and Nibbles and Nobs will start at 8:30pm /servertime. (This means 8pm Old Winyards rehearsal, folks! If you log in at 9, practice will be over! If you log in at 9:30, A&T will be starting!) This will not be in effect for the next A&T (June 11) but will start the Monday after that (June 18) to give time for advertising and making people aware, including announcing the time change at the June 11 A&T.

2. Ales and Tales Extreme will be held monthly on a Friday evening. I think we'll start this month, after Weatherstock - June 22 or 29?

3. Over the summer maybe we can also do some ATE (yes, ATE is the winning acronym) on weekends, as there were several requests for a weekend daytime slot to accommodate Europeans, either for ATE or for the regular A&T. I envision doing a Friday night ATE once a month, but also some Saturday ones when I'm able to get online then. Guess we could do flash ATEs like the flash horse races, even - maybe just 30 minute shows where we invite anyone who can play a song or has a tale still in lyrical that they could retell, to show up in X location for an impromptu party!

4. Speaking of those requests for a weekend/daytime/European friendly Ales and Tales every now and then: We won't move the regular A&T from Mondays. We got some grumbling last time we went off server for A&T, because those folks who didn't want to leave Landroval by creating a Crickhollow alt were upset that there "was no Ales and Tales" that Monday. So having A&T on a weekend would have to mean an additional show each week (or every so often). That, plus ATE, will be too much for me to coordinate, but I think it'd be great to have an A&T weekend edition if someone else wants to take the reins on organizing it!

Jump to: