Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Lonely Mountain Band Forum Index -> Archives - Old News
View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Andeon
Officer

re: rock paper scissor...

what happened to spock and the lizard?

but seriously folks - we've got little less than 2 weeks - some decisions need to be made...

we've got one volunteer (mightylb) to run a friday event for those that can't make weekend - a pre-party

I'm perfectly fine with that - and it sounds like (s)he has some excellent party ideas...

my personal recommendation - pick 5 or 6 from the various suggestions in this thread that you feel comfortable running/organizing, commit to it...and we'll put up the announcement for you

then, for the weekend and the days following

we've got 2 or 3 people with excellent ideas and a proven capacity for doing so - Gaigil, Lennidhren, Harperella...erm...okay, me...between the 4 of us, I think we should pick one person, give them the reigns, have that person pick from the same selection of events, choose which ones they feel comfortable running, and commit to it - we'll then set the date, the organizer - people can throw in with whatever support they are able/willing to offer - and off we go

ideas are great, but at some point, we've got to pick and choose, and as everything takes longer to organize over the internet, I think we need to move now (i.e. within the next 2 days or so)

so, my personal suggestion - 1 person nominated to lead for each particular day (one person can take multiple days if they are willing/able) - and our event leaders decided on by sometime late tuesday

usually, i'm the one that would like to take MORE time to decide things and get more input, but this time, i'm looking at time crunch...besides, sounds like we've got a lot of great ideas and a lot of enthusiasm...i'm reasonably certain that with one person to focus all our energy and support on, almost anyone could make these events work well (what I mean is, whoever is our event organizer need not worry about handling it all alone - you'll have PLENTY of help :))

this is, of course, not an ultimatum - people are welcome to take as much time as they feel they need to - i just think it would be prudent to get focused and started on this fairly soon, as we're looking at a little under 2 weeks to finalize

heres to us!

re: LMB 3rd Anniversary, March 26th!

Fornost is a more structured group environment, and wont support a raid in the instance. Dol Dinen will. i now forget what level DD is but I think 28-38? Tinki or Rixi can handle a raid for that area as it would be a loose "free for all" with the intention of simply killing everything. Catch whatever quests needed and we go "full speed ahead".

Its been nearly 3 years now when Galenswerd led a raid from Bree to Dol Dinen, and its time we culled that nasty place again, besides it would be a lot of fun.

This would be a good chance to play with "slapper fish,pitchforks,shovels,frying pans,butter knives- for the higher levels who might want to join

I propose that it be a Sat nite or Sun late afternoon thing. If that has any support post here.
Andeon
Officer

sounds like a great idea, tinki - reason i didn't respond earlier, was I was trying to think of any other locations in middle earth that qualified...

the great forest USED to be one of those locations - nearly lvl 20 elite trees so thick you couldn't swing a dead cat without hitting one - now that they're all sigs, its less satisfying to go back and destroy it all

I'm up for vengeance upon Dol Dinen - theres that nest of spiders and goblins in the lone lands as well that could be fun for a total clear

and of course, its rather high level - but a massive 24man raid on goblin town - that'd be a gas too

any way you slice it, I'm up for it - just give a holler and I'm there - i'll be looking forward to it, armed for bear!

24 man goblin town...now that sounds interesting, as does Dol Dinan.

Working together we all benefit ~ Aldekim, Brambel - Lonely Mountain Band ~ Doribolger - Harp and Dragon (LMB alt kin) ~ Athilrond, Ahtook, Nellan, Elye, Sylduril, Nitnoy, Elduryl, Dironen - Clan Etal ~ Kaesy - Lonely Mountain Treasures (Byrdie alt kin)
`Tinki`
Officer

At our levels Goblin town IS the cats meow!!
Tamoro
Officer

Awarded:

I'm definitely down for that, whichever we end up doing.

re: it's official

amongst whatever other things we'll be doing, I am officially setting myself up to lead
Lonely Mountain Band 3rd anniversary vengeance runs!
I'll lead an expedition into the old forest (for the lowbies on up)
I'll lead an expedition into Dol Dinen (everyone is welcome to join, but I can offer no assurance that anyone significantly under 30 won't just get 1-shotted by an elite troll)
and finally, I'll lead an expedition into Goblin town (again, see above, but replace under 30 with under 40)

EVERYONE is welcome to join and stay for as long as they like - however, please remember that if you are more than 5 levels under the general region level, you run a strong likelihood of getting defeated very swiftly if you venture away from the group

if the night goes swiftly and we still have energy...I may offer to lead a crew into the moors (45 minimum - or is it 40? - sorry, them's the rules) for a little PVMP fun (no equipment damage on defeat, so fall as many times as you like with no consequence other than bruised ego, if that)

Officer

Awarded:

I will be unable to attend as I have a convention to go to on that Saturday. But I would be happy to attend a party gathering some other day!

Lindorieh
thenerdwriter

I mentioned in a thread in the Kinship Events section, as well as seeing it posted above, that Friday, as well as being the day that the ring was cast into Mt. Doom, is also Tolkien Reading day. This year's theme (according to the Tolkien Society is Tolkien's Trees and Forests. May I suggest that on the 25th, perhaps to kick off the festivities, we gather in the Old Forest, clear it out, and then read the chapter from FotR about our heroes' adventures in the Old Forest?
Lennidhren
RannaDylin
High Officer

Awarded:

I like the reading idea!

Awarded:

Adbern wrote:
I mentioned in a thread in the Kinship Events section, as well as seeing it posted above, that Friday, as well as being the day that the ring was cast into Mt. Doom, is also Tolkien Reading day. This year's theme (according to the Tolkien Society is Tolkien's Trees and Forests. May I suggest that on the 25th, perhaps to kick off the festivities, we gather in the Old Forest, clear it out, and then read the chapter from FotR about our heroes' adventures in the Old Forest?

Excellent idea!

Lindorieh
thenerdwriter

Adbern wrote:

Are people okay with meeting at Tom Bombadil's house at 8PM EST for the reading? By the way, I wouldn't be the one actually doing the reading, considering I don't have a microphone. Also, we could move the party on over to the Prancing Pony afterwards to read of the destruction of the Ring.
Lennidhren
RannaDylin
High Officer

Awarded:

8pm sounds fine to me. I'll put it on the kin calendar - the time can be changed later if there are conflicts.

Also, is there any way that the Dunedain Radio Network could set something up so that they could get an audio feed of the reading to broadcast. If it can't happen or if there's guests scheduled, that's fine too.
thenerdwriter

Something came up on Friday. Is there any way that we could push the readings back two hours, to 10PM EST? Also, I will not be able to be on until late on Saturday. Sorry if this causes problems, guys, but RL, for certain, takes precedence.
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Lonely Mountain Band Forum Index -> Archives - Old News All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: