Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Lonely Mountain Band Forum Index -> Forum ROSTER (Edit/Sign Your Roster Entry)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ardolan

re: APPROVED - App: Ardolan - by Galenhir

Name: Lyramond<br>Game: Lord of the Rings Online<br>Server: Landroval<br>Level: 62<br>Gender: Male<br>Race: Elf<br>Class: Guardian<br><br><br>

((Please bear with me as I have no idea how to place the proper accent marks in the Elvish writing and trust me, I do not know how to write or speak Elvish; I stole my opening line from The Fellowship of the Ring :) ))

Elen sila lumenn' omentielvo, friend!

Please sit and I shall tell you my tale. I am Lyramond of the House of Fingolfin, though I am no great personage and have no claim to high birth. My days began near the Grey Havens shortly after the defeat of Morgoth Bauglir, the Great Enemy, but I left that land when I was but a small child. Many of our people wandered back into Lindon following the destruction of Beleriand and I was among them. There I grew to full stature and learned all that I could of the deeds of my forefathers who had fought the long fight during the Elder Days.

In time, I was a soldier in the service of the High King of the Noldor, mighty Gil-Galad, in the fair land of Eregion long ago. There I dwelt in bliss with my great love, Adlanniel, whose hair was as dark and rich as the night sky. Often I will think of her, of the melody of her voice that to me seemed like the music of birds greeting the rising sun. In that wondrous time she was the fountain of my heart.
Forgive me, for the rest of this tale is grim. War descended upon our people suddenly and with terrible cruelty in 1693 of the Second Age and Eregion was overrun. In the turmoil of those first desperate months I was forever sundered from my love, for she was not with me. As settlement upon settlement was swept away she was seized by the Enemy. She perished and I was unable to save her. Now her spirit dwells in the halls of Mandos and, for now, I cannot join her there nor do I yet wish to sail to Valinor, though the yearning is strong.

My toils here are unfinished; for you see, as long as there are servants of the Shadow then my struggle continues and my sword and my shield are ready to defend the Free Peoples. But do not think that I soldier on simply for the purpose of vengeance. No, I have learned in my time that evil cannot be conquered by force of arms alone if it can be conquered at all. I struggle against the Shadow to purchase time; time for those who cannot fight against it themselves. And if my efforts go unknown and unsung by those that I defend I am not bitter. That they remain ignorant of the savagery of war, innocent and free, is comfort enough. And when I deem my time here is done I shall set sail for the uttermost West and await the release of my beloved Adlanniel.
<br><br>

Last edited by Ardolan on 2010/12/03 12:22 am; edited 1 time in total
`Tinki`
Officer

Reading the bio I am positive you are what we need! Be vigilant and watchful for any officer of our kin for an invite. or /joinchannel alesandtales and chat for an invite. Thank you for choosing us!
Harperella
High Officer

Welcome to the kin! I quite enjoyed the bio and your ties to lore.

--Harperella

((Thank you! I'm looking forward to meeting you all soon.))
Lennidhren
RannaDylin
High Officer

Awarded:

Horazio had the honor of recruiting Lyramond into the kin tonight! Welcome to the LMB!

Sorry I wasn't able to talk with everyone once I was invited. I got into a great group through the Ales and Tales channel and spent the evening punching orcs in the face. Then it was on to some music and dancing in the Shire.

In any event, I had a really fun first night with the kin and various and sundry friends. See you all soon.

Lyramond

PS: I have a 56 Captain that I would like to incorporate into the kin when it's ok. His name is Aglos. I haven't figured out a back story for him yet, but am working on it.

L.
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Lonely Mountain Band Forum Index -> Forum ROSTER (Edit/Sign Your Roster Entry) All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum