Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Lonely Mountain Band Forum Index -> Archives - Old News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Galenhir
FOUNDER

re: Galenswerd Swordsong, Minstrel Founder steps down from Lead

Greetings free folk, fellow lonely mountaineers, hail dear friends.
"It was nearly three years ago that I beheld my vision in the shadow of the Lonely Mountain. Now many days later I have traveled the lands making many friends and have formed the bonds necessary for a foundation of a great kinship. As my vision was conceived in the shadow of the Lonely Mountain, so I have named our house: The Lonely Mountain Band." -Galenswerd, Minstrel of the Mountain - Third Age 3018

I write to you now at the head of Winterfilth (by Shire reckoning), and as the season is one of joy of harvest, it is also one of passing Summer. I therefore bring you a kindred message from Galenswerd Swordsong, Founder of the Lonely Mountain Band. Our kinship has grown through these years, and the foundation I have sought to build is now intact. Now it stands that the vision I originally received has been fulfilled, and my path must now seek untrodden ways for our kinship. I have never been one to lord over our band, and I have always sought fresh inspiration and the strength of many hands. Like so many of the thrones of men, it is the way of the wise to eventually decrease, so that others may increase. It is therefore with great confidence that I hand over the sceptre of leadership of the Lonely Mountain Band to Harperella of Dale. Harperella has been with me from nearly the very beginning and she truly is one of the major founding stones of Aerlinnbar. I therefore issue the decree to all of you, that you now hail her as true and right leader of the Lonely Mountain Band. Do not have despair or doubt in any way, I am not leaving our kin. I remain Founder, high officer, heir and ever Minstrel of the Lonely Mountain Band. And when Harperella tires of the weight of this sceptre and chair of Aerlinnbar, I shall remain to take up that burden.

Palanimbe N'ere (Far apart, never alone!)

"Hail Earendel, brightest of angels above the middle-earth sent unto men."-Cynewulf, Christ II

Forborn
Forborn

Congratulations to Milady Harperella for taking on a huge role, and well deserved at that!

Gongratulations Lady Harperella.

And I wish only the best for you and the lonely mountain band in all your future endeavors
Harperella
High Officer

It is with deepest humility and respect that I take up the mantle of leadership from Galenswerd Swordsong, Founder of the Lonely Mountain Band. I joined the band just over two years ago, about six months after I had started playing LOTRO. At the time, I had just left a heavy RP kinship that seemed to demand much of its members, while giving back very little. Coming to the Lonely Mountain Band was a like beginning the game all over again.

Much of that was due to Galenswerd's influence. He was the one who encouraged me to continue to host events with the Lonely Mountain Band. He saw the promise in the sorts of events I was doing at the time, and came up with the Ales and Tales format that has been so wildly successful. He also fostered a player-run kin that was at once casual, and deeply respectful for the lore of Middle Earth.

For these past two years, we have worked closely together organizing and running the kin. I hope I can fulfill the role of leader as well as this kin deserves. Galenswerd has set the bar very high indeed!

--Harperella

Harperella, you have proven you worthiness time and again since I have been a member of this fine kinship. You have my full support.

Working together we all benefit ~ Aldekim, Brambel - Lonely Mountain Band ~ Doribolger - Harp and Dragon (LMB alt kin) ~ Athilrond, Ahtook, Nellan, Elye, Sylduril, Nitnoy, Elduryl, Dironen - Clan Etal ~ Kaesy - Lonely Mountain Treasures (Byrdie alt kin)
Galenhir
FOUNDER

Hail Harperella! She has and will continue to do a top notch job in organizing and leading this kin. And again nobody should feel we are going to change our goals or our rules just because my beard is now a little shorter. :) Harp and I have and will continue to work closely together in keeping the kin running as smoothly as possible.

OLD WINYARDS!

"Hail Earendel, brightest of angels above the middle-earth sent unto men."-Cynewulf, Christ II

Tamoro
Officer

Awarded:

Aldekim wrote:
Harperella, you have proven you worthiness time and again since I have been a member of this fine kinship. You have my full support.

Couldn't have said it better myself!

re: Well done Galenswerd!

I for one simply wish to say job well done, Galenswerd. You are correct, that over time you have helped fashion a kinship and a family that has promoted and displayed (for the most part) the highest quality of players and companions. While i'm sure we'll miss the iron fist of your totalitarian regime...(I kid, of course :))...I can safely say that we appreciate all of your time and effort in providing for us all, a place to find family and friends, and fun.

For Harperella, I look forward to your direction of the Kin as well. You have, over the time that i've known you, demonstrated considerable skill and ability at directing all manner of social events, and I look forward to not only benefiting from your experience, but perhaps watching you grow as well, as the many and various needs of the kin drive you to places you might not otherwise have traveled on your own. I look forward to supporting the kin in this new era, and expect that unless something changes drastically, I shall continue to be here for a long, long time.

Good Hunting and Good Fortune to us all!

Congrats! number one people should run a number one kin I say :)
Aldekim
Officer

Just bumping this topic up, because at the 1st Anniversary Celebration of Mar Vanwa Tyalieva last night it was like Deja Vu all over again. Early in the celebration Fionnuala announced that she was stepping down as kinship leader in favor of her husband Arachas.......hmmmmm

update, it seems the motivation for this was in part the recent RL pregnancy of Fionnuala!

Working together we all benefit ~ Aldekim, Brambel - Lonely Mountain Band ~ Doribolger - Harp and Dragon (LMB alt kin) ~ Athilrond, Ahtook, Nellan, Elye, Sylduril, Nitnoy, Elduryl, Dironen - Clan Etal ~ Kaesy - Lonely Mountain Treasures (Byrdie alt kin)
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Lonely Mountain Band Forum Index -> Archives - Old News All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: