Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Lonely Mountain Band Forum Index -> Postcards from Middle Earth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KeptWandering

re: An adventure by Selgar, Tadg and Keptwise

On Saturday, June 27, 2010, three enterprising adventurers, Selgar (lvl 55 Warden), Tadg (lvl 55 Champion) and Keptwise (lvl 62 Minstrel) met to devise some attacks against the forces of the East, for adventure, fun and profit!

Being unable to convince others to join our slim ranks for an evening of adventure, we decided to take upon ourselves a mighty and bold adventure considering our few numbers.

Keptwise Had been a part of several fellowships who regularly earned renown and expanded powers for their Weapons and Items of Legend, hard earned from many defeats of the forces of the East in the depths of Moria, by taking bounties, in service to a dwarven representative in the hidden Ranger Camp of Estilden. Most of the targets of these Bounties were within the reasonable Abilities of even our meager group, but some....some were challenging for even a stout group of varied trades of similar stature (level...low-mid 50's :) ).

Mangemaw the Mighty Wolf of the Rushock Bog of the Shire fell quickly.

Farathlug the Ice-worm and his two minions of Forcorchel were dispatched before we could start to shiver form the cold.

Morrafn, the Flame of Hate and his three Frightful Light minions of the Fields of Fornost had their lights quickly extinguished.

Next came two challenges....

Dhit the Troll (lvl 60, 40,385 (Elite Master)) and Rothlug the Drake of Storms (lvl 60 , 36,350 (Elite Master)).

We traveled to the Stone Troll Glade in the Northern Trollshaws to Face Dhit the Troll. Dhit proved to be a challenge for the group but was fairly quickly dispatched and they took delight in revealing him of a trophy to prove our deed.

Forum Image

Lastly, we traveled to the last of our charges to vanquish....Rothlug the Drake of Storms of the Misty Mountains. Being an old Drake of great cunning and power, he proved to be our greatest challenge for our numbers.

Our first attempt was valiant and VERY close to successful, with all our fellows expending our best and most tiring moves, and we brought Rothlug to the brink of defeat and death (225 odd morale! mad ), before he defeated all three of our intrepid fellowship with one mighty blow!

After recovering our selves and after a well earned rest to recover, we vowed not to reliquish the day and stay until we had slain the mighty beast!

Our second attempt did not fare as well, it seemed the crafty ancient Drake had learned much from our first encounter and dispatched our adventurers most soundly and quickly.

Undeterred, we rested and exchanged our ideas of advanced strategy based on our 1st two encounters, set back up the pass to lay waste to the foul creature. After adequate mocking and rude gesturing at the great Drake we charged forward and began a mighty battle. Taken back by our mocking and the fierceness of our charge and onslaught of our attack and the changes in our strategy, the mighty Drake fell to our meager, yet fierce force. A mighty battle it was and had drained us considerably. We rested awhile before seeking a trophy from his carcass, perhaps too long, as to our great surprise, his twin appeared and attacked us!

Forum Image

We quickly grabbed a trophy off the dispatched beast and made a wise retreat from his twin, vowing to return again to defeat him as well!

re: An adventure by Selgar, Tadg and Keptwise

Run away, run awaaaay!!! lol

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
3 Myrtle Court, Sprucebury Neighborhood, Shire Homesteads, on Landroval of the North America/Oceania Servers
Andeon
Officer

re: Congratulations!

Well done Keptwise, Selgar and Tadg! I salute you! You have once again proven your courage, your skill, and your perseverance in the face of adversity, and you have every reason to be quite proud of your achievements! I wish I could have been there, as it sounds like exactly the kind of heroic deed that I find most enjoyable. Should you ever do it again, please, look for me, as I would love to lend my own skill and aid to your efforts.

Until then, and afterwards - Good Hunting!

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: