Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Lonely Mountain Band Forum Index -> Archives - Old News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Galenhir
FOUNDER

re: LMB Joins the Tolkien Society!

Forum Image
We are pleased to announce that Galenswerd has joined the Tolkien Society on behalf of the Lonely Mountain Band!
The goal is to have our kinship listed with the Tolkien Society as an online gaming and Tolkien enthusiast group within the virtual worlds of Middle-earth.
As far as we know LMB is the only LOTRO kinship in the Tolkien Society, if anyone is aware of another group playing LOTRO in the Society, please let us know!
We will be creating a private area within the LMB forum for anyone in the kin wishing to be involved with the Society portion of LMB. It is open to any members of LMB wishing to be involved, and is free!
More details coming as they emerge.

Last edited by Galenhir on 2010/04/29 2:17 pm; edited 1 time in total

"Hail Earendel, brightest of angels above the middle-earth sent unto men."-Cynewulf, Christ II

Omsi

Very, very cool! I look forward to the upcoming details.
Earensul

Whoa, I never saw this coming! wow!
Looking forward to this, I am smiling right now =D

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
3 Myrtle Court, Sprucebury Neighborhood, Shire Homesteads, on Landroval of the North America/Oceania Servers
Andeon
Officer

re: I joined what with the who now?

thats...interesting. So, what is it, exactly, that I have indirectly become a part of? and what sorts of involvement would we/I have with the Tolkien Society? What I mean is, do they (and by *they* I now mean *we*) *do* anything in particular?

Excellent! envy

"A Elbereth Gilthoniel o menel palan-diriel, le nallon sí di-nguruthos! A tiro nin, Fanuilos!"
Galenhir
FOUNDER

re: Re: I joined what with the who now?

Andeon wrote:
thats...interesting. So, what is it, exactly, that I have indirectly become a part of? and what sorts of involvement would we/I have with the Tolkien Society? What I mean is, do they (and by *they* I now mean *we*) *do* anything in particular?

The goal is to have our kinship listed with the Tolkien Society as an online gaming and Tolkien enthusiast group within the virtual worlds of Middle-earth.

The Tolkien Society is home ground for 'those who would wander with friends in Middle-earth'. "a perfect house, whether you like food or sleep, or story telling, or just sitting and thinking best, or a pleasant mixture of them all..."

In 1969 the Tolkien Society was founded to further interest in the life and works of J.R.R. Tolkien, C.B.E., the author of The Hobbit, The Lord of the Rings, The Silmarillion and other works of fiction and philological study. Based in the United Kingdom and registered as an independent, non-profit making charity, number 273809, the Society has an international membership which benefits from regular publications and events.

As stated in the OP, we shall see how our involvement in the TS evolves as what seems like the first LOTRO group to join the TS.

For more info on the TS itself, see this page: http://www.tolkiensociety.org/ts_info/

"Hail Earendel, brightest of angels above the middle-earth sent unto men."-Cynewulf, Christ II

Captain Sherwood

Awesome! This is really exciting, I look forward to hearing more news!
`Tinki`
Officer

This kin Rawks!
Harperella
High Officer

I can't wait till I get my Mathom society long sleeved dress. Do they sell Mushroom growing tents too? lol
Galenhir
FOUNDER

Harperella wrote:
I can't wait till I get my Mathom society long sleeved dress. Do they sell Mushroom growing tents too? lol

Sadly the mushroom tents do not produce any actual mushrooms.

If only the Mathom Society functioned as well as the Tolkien Society.

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Lonely Mountain Band Forum Index -> Archives - Old News All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: