Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Lonely Mountain Band Forum Index -> Ales and Tales
View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page 1, 2  Next
Byrcha
LEADER

Awarded:

re: Ales & Tales Extreme 3/19 @ Maur Tulhau, Enedwaith

Ales & Tales!

Hullo! Join us for Ales & Tales Extreme this week as we visit the mysterious hobbity-village Maur Tulhau in Enedwaith! Hint: it has a convenient swimming hole. Alas, I cannot be there until later, so please carry on accordingly. (Bonus hint: Not-BBB.)

Nibbles & Nobs starts at 8:30pm with open-stage, followed by the main show at 9:30pm (EDT, /servertime).

Help Out Backstage:
If you would like to help out with any backstage tasks, please sign up at: http://tinyurl.com/atstagecrew
Newcomers welcome! No experience necessary...we will train! We do appreciate any help you can give!

Play with Old Winyards:
Old Winyards always has room for folks to join the house band!
If you would like to play with us, be sure to have the latest LMBPlaylist 5.32 music file downloaded/updated. Latest release March 7th, 2018:
https://s3.amazonaws.com/file3.guildlaunch.net/128176/LMBPlaylist-5.32.zip

You may sign up for playing with the band this week at https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Uz2_Tiu4JKUeng6OyZz7iiWqTl-T4iZO5vfT3jdrlK4/edit#gid=2014709669. Or, just reply to this post.

If you are new, please indicate which instruments you play at the bottom of the sheet (and do bring them all with you). Please be ready to rock by 9:00pm /servertime. Please wear burgundy...the color of wine!

Using Songbook to Sync music:
If you'd like to learn how to sync music with a band, Eilye has written a very informative guide explaining how to use the Songbook Plugin!
http://lonelymountainband.guildlaunch.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=10492542

Share a song or tale!
We always need folks to entertain!
If you have a song or tale to share, please come along and sign up to share it in the main show, or participate in Nibbles & Nobs' open-stage!

We do hope you can join us tonight!

• main: Byrcha (pronounced: BUR-ka), Hobbit treasure-hunter

• Landroval alts: Braxwald, Brenthiel, & Hathellaith (LMB); Belyndil (Ales and Tales); Yahr (Lonely Mountain Brewery); Byrkhild, Byrchette, & Byrchetta (Secret Pie Vault); Byrwing (Sisters of the Moon); Byraen; Byrwen (Ithil refugee).

Tulenn
Cat Herding Officer

Awarded:

Alas, I will not be able to be there until late, either.... if, at all. :/

I did go over the Announcements recently and made sure they are up-to-date in case someone wants to read them with a 4 min or so song.

Perhaps someone else would like to try their hand at bandleading or perhaps OW could just take audience requests or it could just be an all Open Mic night? Whichever it is I'm sure it will all work out. :)

Alt Kins:
Silvermoon Manor: alts-Sugarbell, Halliwyn, Callabeth, Jesstan, Orinhir, Audli, Candriell, Grif             
Silvermoon Vintners: alts-Darcyil, Jilanna, Esdell             
The Ravenhill Rovers: alts-Bekk, Draim, Nathrec

On Crickhollow: Tulenn & Cloverly (Old Winyards Kinship)
Aedon Durreah

Awarded:

I still cannot figure out how to set up a set list, so me trying to Band Lead is out.I know Thunderstruck cannot be there now. Rantingraver has a new shift at work and it changes his play nights. Not sure which of the bands might be able to make it into that zone, so acts tonight might be iffy. We could always just have a full open mic time for sure. Do our opening song, then open up the floor?

Rheniogil

My main asset is stubbornness and refusal to believe I can't do it, but TBH I probably know only half what I need to know about setlisting. I'm willing to try if y'all are willing to help me not make a disaster of it. (This is not so much colossal effrontery as faith in you guys.)

Once I have a good idea how many warm bodies we're getting, that is.
Byrcha
LEADER

Awarded:

You'll do fine! Bandleading is much more alchemy/witchcraft than rocket science ... or so I've been told. Yes, step one is seeing how many musicians will be there for the opener. If all else goes south (e.g. further south than Enedwaith) just pick songs on the fly in raidchat. And: Have fun! (But not BBB-fun) *disappears in a cloud of smoke*

• main: Byrcha (pronounced: BUR-ka), Hobbit treasure-hunter

• Landroval alts: Braxwald, Brenthiel, & Hathellaith (LMB); Belyndil (Ales and Tales); Yahr (Lonely Mountain Brewery); Byrkhild, Byrchette, & Byrchetta (Secret Pie Vault); Byrwing (Sisters of the Moon); Byraen; Byrwen (Ithil refugee).

Amberflower
Officer

Awarded:

Stealth setlist

Alt kin: Virtus Tentamine Gaudet - Packzii, Amberflora, Idrynna, Tartlett

"Indeed in nothing is the power of the Dark Lord more clearly shown than in the estrangement that divides all those who still oppose him."

"The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places;
but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief,
it grows perhaps the greater."

"...together they (Aragorn and Arwen) went up into the High City, and all the stars flowered in the sky."
Tulenn
Cat Herding Officer

Awarded:

Usvir Flamewreath wrote:
My main asset is stubbornness and refusal to believe I can't do it, but TBH I probably know only half what I need to know about setlisting. I'm willing to try if y'all are willing to help me not make a disaster of it. (This is not so much colossal effrontery as faith in you guys.)

The most important part of bandleading for A & T is to remain flexible and keep hold of your sense of humor. You will have no problem with either of those! There are, of course, other tricks we can go over at a later time but I think you'll do fine for tonight!

Meanwhile, I will see what I can do about trying get myself there...... I just know I won't be there at 9:30 but I will *try* to get there at some point if I can....

Amberflower wrote:
Stealth setlist

Haha... I love this ^....

Alt Kins:
Silvermoon Manor: alts-Sugarbell, Halliwyn, Callabeth, Jesstan, Orinhir, Audli, Candriell, Grif             
Silvermoon Vintners: alts-Darcyil, Jilanna, Esdell             
The Ravenhill Rovers: alts-Bekk, Draim, Nathrec

On Crickhollow: Tulenn & Cloverly (Old Winyards Kinship)
Rheniogil

Well played indeed, Amber. :)

If you want lyrics for "The Foggy Dew," I believe I can cut my usual live version to four verses.
Aedon Durreah

Awarded:

Usvir Flamewreath wrote:

I have been working on being able to do set lists Usvir. Just something I have never had to do before. hahah love the stealth set-list!

Rheniogil

Aedon Durreah wrote:
I have been working on being able to do set lists Usvir. Just something I have never had to do before. hahah love the stealth set-list!

Absolutely no criticism meant! All I was saying was that if no one else will, I'll try. And to my relief, someone else would and did. cool
Amberflower
Officer

Awarded:

Usvir Flamewreath wrote:
Well played indeed, Amber. :)

If you want lyrics for "The Foggy Dew," I believe I can cut my usual live version to four verses.

That sounds most excellent :)

There really isn't anything to "know" to bandlead...just push a lot of buttons and copy paste a lot of things...Though I am sure I have much to learn still.

"Indeed in nothing is the power of the Dark Lord more clearly shown than in the estrangement that divides all those who still oppose him."

but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief,

"...together they (Aragorn and Arwen) went up into the High City, and all the stars flowered in the sky."
Aedon Durreah

Awarded:

I have heard from the acts tonight. No one is coming. They say it is too far to bring their bands out. Most of the bands do not care much for ales and teals extremes as it limits their ability to attend.

Avangrod

just singed up to play hopefully its not too late

Avanc

Aedon Durreah

Awarded:

Can use you Avanc, but we may be playing for NPC's mostly. haha

Amberflower
Officer

Awarded:

Aedon Durreah wrote:
I have heard from the acts tonight. No one is coming. They say it is too far to bring their bands out. Most of the bands do not care much for ales and teals extremes as it limits their ability to attend.

Hm...I hope someone can juggle... ;)

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Lonely Mountain Band Forum Index -> Ales and Tales All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: