Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Lonely Mountain Band Forum Index -> Playlist submissions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Usvir Flamewreath

re: Your Own Personal Gamgee

A few things - the rhythms in the vocal line were too stiff, I tweaked in a few spots to make it flow more like the original. I also stripped out some of the tambourine so that putting it in cowbell wouldn't be overwhelming. Also got rid of almost everything that mapped to a rattle and threatened to overwhelm the mother rhythm.
Beorbrand
Officer

Awarded:

A worthy song for your first .abc, though a challenging one! What did you "massage" in it? The drums?
Usvir Flamewreath

OK, here goes...absolutely nothing.

I searched through the files and couldn't find any attempt at Depeche Mode's "Personal Jesus" - and after searching for midi's I understood why. So this is my first attempt at "massaging" a midi in Anvil, as well as a rather spare 5-part .abc arrangement and lyrics. Any and all input welcome. I'd like to put a polish on this for next week, Beardy, if you think it can work.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/1auiqxl9ij2tpw0/Personal%20Gamgee.zip?dl=0
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Lonely Mountain Band Forum Index -> Playlist submissions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: