Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Lonely Mountain Band Forum Index -> Forum ROSTER (Edit/Sign Your Roster Entry)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TuorTheBlessed

re: App: TuorTheBlessed

The application submitted by TuorTheBlessed is as follows:

Quote:
Name : Beowud
Game : Lord of the Rings Online
Server : Landroval
Level : 12
Race : Race of Man
Class : Minstrel

Have you read & do you agree with LMB charter?:
Yes

Do you understand that Kin chat channel is for LOTRO and Tolkien related chat only?:
Yes

Use this area to share why you want to join LMB.:
I found The Lonely Mountain Band albums and loved them, then saw on their Facebook group that they are involved on Lotro. I dabbled in MMOs before but never stuck as I was never very into the gameplay. But I LOVE Middle-Earth and read Tolkien's works regularly and LOTRO seems like a good way to just be enveloped in the lore and explore Middle-Earth. I like what I have seen of the Lonely Mountain Band kinship and they are the reason I decided to make my character on Landroval. I want to experience Middle-Earth with like minded fellows.

Player info:

Age Range:
22+

Tell us about any MMO or RP experience you may have: :
Dabbled in WOW and DDO, but never played higher than level 15ish.

Please tell us what time zone you are in. (i.e. EST): :
Central

Character information:

Tell us about your character: :
I named my character Beowud as I wanted to have a nod to classic sounding LOTR names and incorporated wud to the end as it sounded like "wood" in my mind but with a Tolkienesque flair. He is a common man who is looking to learn as much as he can about his land and history while fighting for the side of good.

Please tell us of any previous/current kinships you have character(s) in LOTRO. :
n/a

LMB experience:

Were you referred by a current member? Who?: :
n/a

Have you ever been to LMB hosted event? If yes, what were your impressions? If no, are you planning on it in the next week? (Highly recommended!):
I generally play on my lunches at work, so if there is an event then I would love to!

Gameplay preferences:

What activities do you enjoy most in LOTRO? :
soloing, reading quest dialogue, exploring the lands, experiencing kinship events

Kinship expectations:

What are your expectations from LMB as a member? :
To have a community to interact with. Help in game is nice, but more so a good community to chat with in-game about Tolkien's world and experiencing it together.

What do you think your strongest contribution to LMB would be? :
A strong knowledge of Tolkien and his works, outside of just Lord of the Rings.

Tolkien:

Have you read the books or seen the movies? What are your favorite scenes or images? :
Yes to both. A flood of images and ideas comes go mind but what I love most about Middle-Earth is the vastness. It is a world which has much fleshed out, but yet so much is left untold and only hinted at. That makes it feel so real, having answers to everything makes a world feel false, Tolkien fleshed his world out but left many things open to mystery or for others to flesh out themselves.

Misc:

Is there anything else not covered in this application that you'd like to share with us? :
I'm super excited to get involved in a community rather than just solo. I think that makes the difference in an MMO and I can't think of any better lore than in LOTRO!

Aedon Durreah

Awarded:

re: APPROVED - App: TuorTheBlessed - by Aedon Durreah

Greetings Beowud, your application has been approved. Please /joinchannel alesandtales and ask for an LMB officer to compete your interview.

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Lonely Mountain Band Forum Index -> Forum ROSTER (Edit/Sign Your Roster Entry) All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum