Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Lonely Mountain Band Forum Index -> Forum ROSTER (Edit/Sign Your Roster Entry)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dalatriel

re: App: Dalatriel

The application submitted by Dalatriel is as follows:

Quote:
Name : Dalatriel
Game : Lord of the Rings Online
Server : Landroval
Level : 64
Race : Elf
Class : Minstrel

Have you read & do you agree with LMB charter?:
Yes

Do you understand that Kin chat channel is for LOTRO and Tolkien related chat only?:
Yes

Use this area to share why you want to join LMB.:
I'm a long-time player of LOTRO and the kinship I joined from the beginning is no longer active; it exists, but players are rarely on and almost never when I play. Our kinship transferred to Landroval recently from Elendilmir and I am looking for a community of active players who are online during my play time. I enjoy crafting, social gaming, questing and fellowing together, as well as role playing. I was thrilled when the kinship decided on Landroval as it's known as the RP server and I can't wait to have more opportunities to participate! I game for social reasons, and as my kinship is seldom active any more, I'm looking for light hearted and fun gaming companionship.

Player info:

Age Range:
22+

Tell us about any RP or MMO experience you may have: :
First, your age range question almost leaves me out! HA! Is 35 years old considered 22+ or more Old Fogey? Depends on who is reading the application, I'm sure. ;)

My MMO experience is very limited, except that I started LOTRO in 2008. Before LOTRO I played games like the original FATE, and a holler back to console games such as Legend of Zelda and Dragon Warrior. I tried a few games here and there when looking for an MMO, enough to realize that a guild of some sort would be crucial to my playing success. I looked for a game that had elves, a story line, the ability to make my own clothing, and something fun to craft possibly as well - cooking was one of the things on that list. LOTRO fit the bill perfectly, but this was before the f2p days and so I created a few trial accounts before settling on one to pay. My start dates on my characters are about 6 months post my actual first in-game dates.

I actually researched and found my kinship, applied and joined, before ever creating an account and going into the game. I'm still with that kinship; Celainedhil of Elendilmir has been around since beta. I joined the game and the kinship with the launch of Moria. That kinship is my family and I will be leaving at least one alt in that kin - I'm hoping that's not a problem here, but from what I've seen on what information I can see on the forums, I don't believe it shall be and I appreciate that! I haven't been certain about which character to even apply for membership; this has been a hard decision for me to make, leaving my kin, and I am still uncertain about it.

My RP experience is also fairly limited, only having done some light RP with the kin previously. I'm a writer, though, and I've not found it difficult at all.

Please tell us what time zone you are in. (i.e. EST): :
CST

Character information:

Tell us about your character: :
My character bios were created so long ago, and my in-game experience has been so hit-and-miss over the last few years, that I honestly do not remember many details. I hope to recreate these details, and refresh them and make them new. The transfer is a good time for starting over!

That said, I do remember a few things and this is where I shall begin my "new" (revamped) character background:

Dalatriel is an elf, descended from the Mirkwood kin, but raised by hobbits. (And I'm quite certain that I had some great explanation for how and why that came to be, but I cannot remember it.) Dalatriel has a fondness for hard work, for serving others, for food, and for wine. She has had no real desire to see the outer world, to go on these so-called adventures. But as she grew and realized the vast differences between herself and the hobbits in her life, she knew that she must search out her heritage. Dala traveled far, learning much about herself along the way, when she happened upon a pub along the Brandywine. There she met the elves of the Celainedhil, and they have trained her well in the old ways. Dala desired to behave and emulate an elven maiden, even of royalty, the finest of the fine. And she tries - truly, she does - but an elf raised by hobbits does inevitably giggle when she should smirk. It's a sad thing, really, even tragic. Yet, Dalatriel and her hobbit friends cannot help but laugh about it! (Danweena is a second main of mine. She's a 44 hobbit burg, and I know that she played a role in Dala's upbringing as a dear friend, but I do not remember much more than that.)

Please tell us of any previous/current kinships you have character(s) in LOTRO. :
I have done plenty of that! Celainedhil of Elendilmir is my home and always shall be.

LMB experience:

Were you referred by a current member? Who?: :
Tomoeric, I believe he said his kin alt's name was. He resuced me from /worldchannel nonsense under his Tomyrian alt. I also met Forte today and am thrilled to have done so!

Have you ever been to LMB hosted event? If yes, what were your impressions? If no, are you planning on it in the next week? (Highly recommended!):
I have not. Having only been on the server for... maybe two weeks now, has it been? - I've not had the chance. Tom showed me some pictures of Weatherstock, and I saw some ads for this year's past event here on your site. It looks amazing!

Gameplay preferences:

What activities do you enjoy most in LOTRO? :
Epic questing, fellowing with others for almost any reason - their benefit or mine, completionist tasks, role playing, crafting

Kinship expectations:

What are your expectations from LMB as a member? :
Mostly, I expect an active kinship. I usually play around midnight CST, give or take a couple of hours. (I strive to go to bed when the hobbit gift pops, but sometimes I stay longer....) I want others to be around to answer questions if and when I have them. I expect a mature kinship, speaking in complete sentences with only minimal text-speak. (LOL and BRB are fine, but I cannot handle numbers and symbols made into words!!) Sometimes I want to quest, sometimes I have something specific to get done, sometimes I really want to get into a role playing story with a good friend, and sometimes I want to sit and listen to music and dance at the Prancing Pony. I'd love a kinship that is active enough to have any or all of those things going on - or members who are willing and EXCITED to do them - during the hours I play.

In the past, some of the best benefits of the kinship I've been part of for so many years were the continual training I've received, and the gear support. There has always been someone able to craft the best items for me, critted, blue backgrounds, NICE stuff. The Celainedhil pride themselves on keeping their kin members outfitted, and I've been unbelievably blessed in that department. As someone who isn't so much of a serious gamer or raider, I really don't have a full understanding of things like LI's or... the newfangled stuff that's out these days. I had a mentor who helped me learn to play minstrel in a group in the beginning. They TRAINED me. The system has changed since then. I'm an old style minstrel, healer class, but the trait tree is new to me and I am having to re-learn everything from the ground up. I miss that mentor system (and that specific mentor sad dearest Mihal, my elven friend).

Of course, mats are collected by the kin and I was an active contributor to that effort. My own contributions - Dala is a cook, and Danweena is a low-level jeweller - gave back to the kin in about the same ratio from which they gave to me. It was my pleasure, and it was theirs.

I expect friendship, kindness, help, and FUN! Is that so much to ask??

What do you think your strongest contribution to LMB would be? :
I am a socialite. I love getting the conversation going, and I've always got an idea for something we can do - right now, this second, let's GO! In real life, I'm often accused of being naturally caffeinated, and I was THRILLED upon my return to the game to see that COFFEE has been added! How fun is that!

I'm one that will drop what I'm doing to go help someone finish a quest or deeds in an area. Being a completionist, my leveling has been SUPER slow, but I tend to know things about areas and am more than willing to come help kill all the crawlers in the Trollshaws. It drove me batty trying to find all of the Garth Agarwen locations on my own - but I know where they are now and can help others do them. I know that the Lone Lands aren't a favorite place for many, nor is Angmar, but... I just like doing all the things, whatever the "things" happen to be. Let's go!

I tend to have a unique flare of a personality that brings life to any situation. My game-me isn't just a lot different from real-life-me. I have a hard time NOT being super honest (sometimes to a fault), but I think that quality enables others to trust me and to know that I can be counted on in any situation.

Oh, and I like to craft, cooking and jewelry making specifically, but I hope you gleaned that. I'm a helper, a do-er, and more than willing to do whatever I can at any time.

Tolkien:

Have you read the books or seen the movies? What are your favorite scenes or images? :
Both. To be honest, I watched the movies FIRST - almost immediately after the third came out on DVD, we watched all 3. It was the movies that finally convinced me to go ahead and read the books and of course I started with The Hobbit. I read through the trilogy, and a few years later I read The Silmarillion. I love that book, though I'm glad I didn't try to read it first! The creation story and its parallels to Christianity are one of my favorite things about the world Tolkien created. As the Hobbit trilogy movies have come out, I've seen those too. I've required my kids to read the books as well; my high schooler has read the same ones I have, my middle schooler has read The Hobbit and plans to start Fellowship after Christmas, and my elementary student has Hobbit on his shelf as well. We're huge Tolkien fans here, and love the lore, though we don't know it upside-down-and-backwards. ;)

From the books, some of my favorite scenes include the trolls turning to stone in The Hobbit. I don't think the recent movies did that scene justice. Bilbo and Gollum in the dark are some of my favorite moments, and honestly it is Hobbit which is my favorite of the books. The movies did a great job with the singing of the dwarves and most of the scenes there at Bilbo's house were wonderful.

The movies did fantastically with Gandalf's "YOU SHALL NOT PASS!" scene with the Balrog. I do wish the eagle scenes had been given more emphasis; it seems that the movie just didn't have time to fit in any of that story line, which was severely disappointing to me. I've heard many complaints about the romance between Arwen and Aragorn, and while I agree that it's out-of-lore, I do appreciate their trying to fit in the story of Beren and Luthien and I think they did a great job of it. I do think the romance is hinted at in the books, and the actors themselves did well with it. Aragorn was definitely the rugged handsome type - the stuff of fantasies, from the father of the genre! ;)

Misc:

Is there anything else not covered in this application that you'd like to share with us? :
I've written quite a novel already!

I didn't mention that the tipping point for applying, after being almost convinced when talking with Tom, was the discovery of Forte's music lessons. Having played this game for 8 years, even as a minstrel, I have NEVER taken time to learn the music system. I can't wait to do so, whether you decide to admit me to this kinship or not, and am thrilled that such an opportunity exists!

I have discussed my finding a second kinship with my old-time kin. The current leader, the founding leader, and two or three of the people on the board I most respect - all of them have given me their blessing to find companionship. They have ORDERED that I should leave at least one alt in Celainedhil (not that I'd have considered anything else). I hope that possibly this kin and that might find an alliance. I think that we - as a whole, and yes I speak for my family - would enjoy allying with you. Remember that we are new to the server and have not yet formed many of those relationships here. But that is a conversation for down the road.

I'm a homeschooling mom with 5 kids, a website of my own, a direct sales business, and chronic health concerns. Playing this game is NOT my priority, and my leveling pace reflects that. I'm social, so I have little to no trouble contacting folks if there is any long term concern, but one of my main considerations in a kinship is the laid-back atmosphere. Lore knowledge and raids are great - but, it's just a game.

May I ask one more favor? Should you find, in the future, that I am spending more time in this game than is reasonable for a 30's-mom-of-5, please slap my wrist and order me to go do laundry or something. ;) Thanks much!

Danniwyn

re: APPROVED - App: Dalatriel - by Aedon Durreah

Wowza! This is perhaps the best application I've ever read. Dalatriel seems like a delightful person and would fit right in. Let's get her in before breakfast!
Aedon Durreah

Awarded:

re: APPROVED - App: Dalatriel - by Aedon Durreah

Congratulations Dalatriel, your application has been approved. Please joinchannel alesandtales and ask for an LMB officer to complete your interview. We are looking forward to getting to know you better.
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Lonely Mountain Band Forum Index -> Forum ROSTER (Edit/Sign Your Roster Entry) All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum