Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Lonely Mountain Band Forum Index -> Forum ROSTER (Edit/Sign Your Roster Entry)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ulf

re: App: Ulf

The application submitted by Ulf is as follows:

Quote:
Name : Ulfweard
Game : Lord of the Rings Online
Server : Landroval
Level : 19
Race : Race of Man
Class : Guardian

Have you read & do you agree with LMB charter?:
Yes

Do you understand that Kin chat channel is for LOTRO and and Tolkien related chat only?:
Yes

Use this area to share why you want to join LMB.:
Having met Master Galenhir at Mythmoot this past year, and I enjoyed talking with him about LotRO in general and about the Lonely Mountain Band specifically.

Player info:

Age Range:
Old Fogey

Tell us about any RP or MMO experience you may have: :
As for RP experience, I have been playing role-playing games (pen and paper and the PC) since 1978, I participated it the Society for Creative Anachronism (SCA) for many years, and have been playing the part of Balin for a local tea shop that hosts an annual Tolkien themed event for the last two years. As for MMO experience, I have been playing LotRO since the Beta and have been on Arkenstone the entire time. I have also played Age of Conan, and Wizard101 and Pirate101 with my youngest child.

Please tell us what time zone you are in. (i.e. EST): :
EST

Character information:

Tell us about your character: :
Ulfweard is a Man of Rohan and a Guardian by training. I chose Rohan due to my personal interest in Old Norse and Anglo-Saxon, and while the Rohirrim arenot just Anglo-Saxons on horseback, they due share a lot of similarities.

Please tell us of any previous/current kinships you have character(s) in LOTRO. :
Ulfhednar/Arkenstone

LMB experience:

Were you referred by a current member? Who?: :
Galenhir

Have you ever been to LMB hosted event? If yes, what were your impressions? If no, are you planning on it in the next week? (Highly recommended!):
No, not as of yet, but I would certainly attend the next if I am able.

Gameplay preferences:

What activities do you enjoy most in LOTRO? :
Virtually everything

Kinship expectations:

What are your expectations from LMB as a member? :
Friendship and companions to hunt the Enemy with.

What do you think your strongest contribution to LMB would be? :
As LMB is a strong and well established Kin, I don't know that I actually bring much, other than an ax and shield. I am willing to help and participate in just about any activity or adventure.

Tolkien:

Have you read the books or seen the movies? What are your favorite scenes or images? :
I have read and re-read most but not all of Tolkien's works for the past 35+ years. I have also seen the movies, but I must admit that I detest them. As for my favourite scene or image, definitely Fingolfin in single combat with Morgoth. Absolutely epic and it still inspires my imagination after all these years.

Misc:

Is there anything else not covered in this application that you'd like to share with us? :
Due to the fact that I work for the Marine Corps, at times my availablity to play are somewhat limited. I may go weeks at a time without logging in due to job and life taking priority, but as a rule I like to play regularly.

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum