Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Lonely Mountain Band Forum Index -> Archives - Old News
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Would you be interested in a guild dye supplier ?
Yes
100%
 100%  [ 9 ]
No
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 9

Alesel

re: Guild dyer

Hi

I just wanted to ask about being an offical dye maker for the guild, i don't have a lot of dyes right this moment ( due to lack of being able to find the last tier recipies ) but was wanting to know if this could come in useful for the guild.
I don't mind making them i actually find it rather fun being able to help fellow guildies and knowing that theirs a very wide range of clothing to choose from i thought it would be nice if then you could grab the colors you would like. I have done this once before for a guild on windfola tho not of this size :)

Azca ( Alesel )
Byrcha
LEADER

Awarded:

This is a grand idea, thanks for offering! But don't feel like you need to provide dyes for the *entire* kin -- there are several high-level crafters onboard who can/do also offer up dyes.

Be sure to check the Harp & Dragon alt-kinhouse in Raglan neighborhood, Bree-land housing. That's where LMB stashes extra recipes, free for members/alts. Also, if you need various mats just ask around (here or in kin-chat).

• main: Byrcha (pronounced: BUR-ka), Hobbit treasure-hunter

• Landroval alts: Braxwald, Brenthiel, & Hathellaith (LMB); Belyndil (Ales and Tales); Yahr (Lonely Mountain Brewery); Byrkhild, Byrchette, & Byrchetta (Secret Pie Vault); Byrwing (Sisters of the Moon); Byraen; Byrwen (Ithil refugee).

Alesel

I just checked the neighborhood for the recipes it seems that they are elusive but i'm sure i'll find them soon enough.

I guessed as much with plenty of other historians around i just thought it would be a nice backup and knowing that all of the guild wont use it but i'm sure a few people would find it useful time to time, and it would only be a few stacks of each color for the moment.
Aldekim
Officer

Many final tier dye materials are found by farming the wild flower recipe. I believe that is a next to last tier recipe for farmers.

Working together we all benefit ~ Aldekim, Brambel - Lonely Mountain Band ~ Doribolger - Harp and Dragon (LMB alt kin) ~ Athilrond, Ahtook, Nellan, Elye, Sylduril, Nitnoy, Elduryl, Dironen - Clan Etal ~ Kaesy - Lonely Mountain Treasures (Byrdie alt kin)
Apis
Ellinnea
Officer

Awarded:

That's a nice thing to offer! There's nothing quite like having an array of any possible colour dye to choose from. =D

Apis has just recently learned the wild flower recipe and she's dying to use it. (Hardy har, pun not intended.) It's great for growing things like yarrow and indigo, that otherwise have to be found growing wild. If you need any of those dye ingredients, just let me know.

A couple ideas for getting dyes out to kinmates:

1) Do a kinchat callout, something like "Does anyone need any dyes?" or "I have some extra Evendim Blue, would anyone like a couple?"

2) Have a house set aside for storing dyes, open to kinmates. This is a little more risky for abuse and requires more work, but we have some cosmetic storage houses, and it might be nice to have dyes available nearby. You could talk with some of the housing folks if you want to do something along those lines.

3) Put up some dyes for cheap or almost-free prices as a kin auction, and then remind people every once in a while to go check the auction house for kin-specials on dyes. This is my personal favourite method for getting things out to kinmates in a larger kin.

4) Whatever other methods you have, just tossing out some ideas here. =)

A bevy of other characters, as listed at my lotro-wiki page
Aldekim
Officer

most dye recipes for the most difficult dyes are available in special guild form from the Scholars Guild recipe vendor. Post the ones you need and I will keep an eye out for them for you.

Working together we all benefit ~ Aldekim, Brambel - Lonely Mountain Band ~ Doribolger - Harp and Dragon (LMB alt kin) ~ Athilrond, Ahtook, Nellan, Elye, Sylduril, Nitnoy, Elduryl, Dironen - Clan Etal ~ Kaesy - Lonely Mountain Treasures (Byrdie alt kin)
Alesel

I love the ideas for the guild ah and i shall keep that in mind and i shall do random call outs for them as well when I'm overflowing. I was just thinking of keeping a stack or tow of each color in my house and letting guildies in when they want to or send them to people. Thanks for the suggestions Ellinnea they helped out a lot :)

Yep i don't have any of the superior dyes just yet but for a level 26 historian i think getting to superior was a rather a surprise for even myself, all i wanted was a few more dyes for my wardrobe :)

If any of you come across spare historian recipes or farming ones that you don't need I'd be very grateful if you sent them Azcas way.( Tier 6 or above )
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Lonely Mountain Band Forum Index -> Archives - Old News All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: