Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Lonely Mountain Band Forum Index -> Archives - Old News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kiralynn
Kiralynn of Rohan
Officer

Awarded:

re: SRC Volunteers - We Need You!

Greetings, Banders!

A very large, public event is coming up this next weekend, the Spring Racing Carnival. The finale of this event is the Bree Cup, a championship horse race for riders who have already won another race. Many people will be attending.

Most of the people who regularly attend equestrian events are hoping to compete in this race. This means that the people normally available for judging won't be able to volunteer. I sincerely and humbly ask that other Banders volunteer for this one event so that others are free to participate.

The job is easy. You stand at a checkpoint that you are shown and wait for the racers to pass by. It helps to turn off all floating names except for player names, and turn graphics settings to Low to avoid lag. You take screenshots as they pass, especially of the first half-dozen riders. After the race, you look at these to make sure specific riders passed your checkpoint correctly. That's it!

We need 5 judges to monitor the race course. Extra judges are welcome and help cover for any lag or computer problems. Horse racing may not be your thing, but your service will be very important and deeply appreciated. Even if you don't know your schedule ahead of time, you are welcome to show up on race day.

The race will be held on Saturday, May 4 at 7:30pm /servertime (EST) in Bree.

Thank you for your support and I hope to see you at the races!

Last edited by Kiralynn of Rohan on 2013/05/29 7:33 am; edited 1 time in total

If i can make it i will be there on my character Ferasi. I'll see if i can make it or not.

Ash nazg durbatuluk, ash nazg gimbatul, ash nazg thraktuluk, agh burzum-ishi krimpatul.

One Ring to rule them all, One Ring to find them, One Ring to bring them all and in the Darkness bind them.
Aedon Durreah

Awarded:

Aedon will be there to help judge. He is a very judgmental person.
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Lonely Mountain Band Forum Index -> Archives - Old News All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: