Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Lonely Mountain Band Forum Index -> Other Worlds
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Carica
Carica Zoi
Chicken Officer

Awarded:

re: Goodbye Paragon Studio

This was just announced.

Farewell from Paragon Studios

The development on City of Heroes/Villains has ceased and soon it will be no more... sad
Looks like NCSoft is putting everything into GW2 alone.
Ahh, I had so much fun in CoH/V back in the days when it was still sub-only. Good times, good times... *sniff*

Kiralynn of Rohan
Officer

Awarded:

That game sure had some interesting innovations!

always sad to see MMO's go.

I tried it at release and just did not do it for me, best part was making my char he did look great.
Andeon
Officer

yeah, I just saw that today - I've always held a special love for city of heroes - was the first MMO I ever really got invested in, and to this day, still has the most satisfying character build design and general combat design I've ever played

I think they can hold their heads high - they did fantastic work with that MMO, and have every reason to be proud - I lament the fact that in the following years, I've compared most MMO's to COH and found them lacking somewhat, even as the technologies advance

Personally, I'm a bit angry about this whole thing. It's less of CoH slowing down and more of NCSoft cleaning house 'cause they made a few bad choices this quarter...

http://massively.joystiq.com/2012/08/08/ncsoft-weathers-6m-loss-in-q2/

I've done extensive research and have come to the conclusion that Sanity is detrimental to Fun and is completely unnecessary for human survival. As man who claims to be a doctor, my semi-professional opinion is to have your Sanity surgically removed at the earliest connivance.
Herbigharo

re: Re: Goodbye Paragon Studio

Carica Berrywine wrote:
This was just announced.

Farewell from Paragon Studios

The development on City of Heroes/Villains has ceased and soon it will be no more... sad
Looks like NCSoft is putting everything into GW2 alone.
Ahh, I had so much fun in CoH/V back in the days when it was still sub-only. Good times, good times... *sniff*

With the MMO genre and RP community in decline, we should expect to see more games retired over the next few years. A coworker was talking about CoH some time back and he said very few were online and the game took a big hit with SWTOR out.

I am going to avoid bringing up GW2 because it is brand new release. Where it stands, the biggest fish are World of Warcraft, SWTOR, and LOTRO. Just these 3 games takes 50% of the total market with 11 million gamers combined.
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Lonely Mountain Band Forum Index -> Other Worlds All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: