Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Lonely Mountain Band Forum Index -> J.R.R. Tolkien
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Galenhir
FOUNDER

re: Dimitra Fimi/Tolkien CoursesHere is another “Tolkien Update”

From the prof of a Tolkien class I took:

Here is another “Tolkien Update” after a long time!

First of all, I am getting more and more excited about Festival in the Shire: the time is getting nearer and the event is promising to be a great occasion for Tolkien scholarship, but also Tolkien-inspired art and fan activities! I was recently interviewed for the Festival Journal (see stories below) and have been in touch with many other Tolkien scholars from the US and the UK who are getting ready to travel all the way to Wales! I know that some of you will be attending and I am really looking forward to seeing you (and meeting some of my former online students face-to-face for the first time!) Also, a paperback edition of my book will be available at the Festival (at £16.99, a much more affordable option than the hardback - again, see stories below) and there might even be a little launch or book-signing event - I'll keep you posted!

Having mentioned my former online students, I can now happily announce that I will be teaching online again in October! UWIC (University of Wales Institute, Cardiff), where I am currently lecturing, has approved my proposal for two online courses:
Fantasy Literature: From Victorian Fairy Tales to Modern Imaginary Worlds
J.R.R. Tolkien: Myth and Middle-earth in Context
The courses will be open to both (undergraduate and postgraduate) students and adult learners all over the world, and will be delivered entirely online.

We have now set up a facebook group page for these courses: http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=126095710734474&v=app_2373072738#!/group.php?gid=126095710734474

Please do visit us, join the group and have a look at the new course websites!

Before closing, here are the headlines of the news that have featured on my website since I last contacted you:

· 12 May 2010: Tolkien and Fantasy Online Courses at UWIC
· 29 March 2010: STOP PRESS! Tolkien and Fantasy Online Courses coming up!
· 15 March: Festival in the Shire Journal - Issue 3
· 11 March 2010: Tolkien, Race and Cultural History on paperback!
· 30 October 2009: Festival in the Shire gains Welsh Media attention!
· 22 October 2009: Festival in the Shire!
· 20 October 2009: Tolkien, Race and Cultural History shortlisted for the Katharine Briggs Award 2009

To read the full stories, please go to: http://www.dimitrafimi.com/

Feel free to forward this e-mail.

All the best,

Dimitra

--
Dr Dimitra Fimi

"Hail Earendel, brightest of angels above the middle-earth sent unto men."-Cynewulf, Christ II

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Lonely Mountain Band Forum Index -> J.R.R. Tolkien All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: