Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Lonely Mountain Band Forum Index -> Windy Acres Riding Club
View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page 1, 2  Next
Kiralynn
Kiralynn of Rohan
Officer

Awarded:

re: Carnival Ride -- March 1 at 2:30pm /server - SIGN UP THREAD

Greetings, Banders!

The riding team is going to perform their latest routine on March 1st with a Mardi Gras theme!
We need volunteers to make the show a big success. Will you aid us?

We need 2 to 4 people willing to launch fireworks at specific times during the show. Fireworks will be supplied. We'll tell you when to start (and stop) shooting them. We have a Hauberk of the Mirrormere for you to copy and wear during the performance. This is an easy job - you stand in place wearing the hauberk and launch fireworks on queue.

We would like to invite all of you to participate in the war steed parade during the show. War steeds will walk and trot around the arena, allowing riders to show off their outfits and tack. We'll do one set of tack at a time. Basically, you stand on the sidelines until we call out a steed that you have, then follow the other riders on a loop around the arena. Wear an outfit that matches your steed's tack. You can use any horse coat, horse color, and tack colors that you like. This is a great opportunity to show off your outfit.

Right now we'll probably include the following steeds in the war steed parade:
* Michel Delving, Hunter's, Reveller's, Snow Beast, Rohirrim Elite, Withywindle, Hammerhand, and Rhun.

Finally, we could use a 95 Burglar (even as a multi-box) who can just stand there being invisible.

Please reply to this post if you're able to volunteer. Let us know which roles you'd like to sign up for. Thank you!

Last edited by Kiralynn of Rohan on 2014/03/04 1:12 pm; edited 1 time in total

Awarded:

I'd like to tentatively sign up for fireworks. Thus far it seems clear *crosses fingers*

Officer

Awarded:

If you might be able to launch fireworks for us during the show, please equip a cosmetic slot with:
* The Hauberk of the Mirrormere in Ered Luin Blue.
* Padded Shoes (available at any lowbie vendor) in Ered Luin Blue.

Please contact me if you need dye or a copy of any of these items.

We're having a dress rehearsal this coming Tuesday, February 25 at 9:30pm EST/servertime if you'd like to come.

Thank you so much!

Awarded:

Would anyone like to participate in the war steed parade segment of the event?

All you need to do is equip a particular set of tack (see list below) along with a matching outfit. When that tack is announced, you walk your war steed onto the field, past the audience, and back out the south gate.

This is a great chance to show off your favorite horse and outfit!

We're looking for: Michel Delving, Hunter's, Reveller's, Snow Beast, Rohirrim Elite, Withywindle, Hammerhand, and Rhun.

You can ride one or more of these during the parade, however many you like and have the tack for. The war steed parade comes at the very beginning of the event, so you'll still be able to watch the formation riding and participate in the equestrian trivia contest.

Is anyone interested? :)

Awarded:

I can probably do this with Amberflower. She has Michel Delving, Hammerhand, (is the Rohirrim Elite the previous preorder set? I can do that too.) She also has the Burglar's steed. Unfortunately my snow beast steed is on a lower level character.

I don't have extra cosmetic slots available, so I'll have to redo it each time.

Alt kin: Virtus Tentamine Gaudet - Packzii, Amberflora, Idrynna, Tartlett

"Indeed in nothing is the power of the Dark Lord more clearly shown than in the estrangement that divides all those who still oppose him."

"The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places;
but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief,
it grows perhaps the greater."

"...together they (Aragorn and Arwen) went up into the High City, and all the stars flowered in the sky."
Kiralynn
Kiralynn of Rohan
Officer

Awarded:

We'll be bringing the horses out in this order: Michel Delving, Hunter's, Reveller's, Snow Beast, Rohirrim Elite, Withywindle, Hammerhand, and Rhun.

That should give you a little time to change in between horses, while we're riding out one that you don't have.

The Rohirrim Elite and Hammerhand are both pre-order steeds, I believe.

Awarded:

I don't think I have any of those, unless it's Reveler's (I can't keep them straight, but mine is the one with red tack - I don't have the blue yet).

Awarded:

I am interested, good Kira, but I have no brain right now. I'm suffering from a bad headache (near migraine) and I don't even know if I'll log in like I wanted to.

But yes. For what it's worth, I am interested.

Honor and fun,
Dann a.k.a. Gori

"No language is justly studied merely as an aid to other purposes. It will in fact better serve other purposes, philological or historical, when it is studied for love, for itself." - J.R.R. Tolkien, English and Welsh (1955)
http://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/J._R._R._Tolkien

My Lonely Mountain Band characters include Dannigan (main, 100th-level Human Warden), Briamil (95th-level Elven Rune-keeper), Gori "Mithrilfist" Brightforge (95th-level Dwarven Champion), Mithrilfists (also Gori, 60th-level Dwarven Guardian), and Whittle (95th-level Hobbit Hunter). Far apart, never alone! =)
Craicwyth
RohanArchitect
Officer

Awarded:

Kiralynn, I believe I already said that I would be happy to help with the fireworks, and as long as it does not interfere with that duty, I would be willing to take part in the parade as well. I have the tack for Revelers, Michel Delving, and Rohirrim Elite, if any more of those are needed.

Officer

Awarded:

Kaerri wrote:
I don't think I have any of those, unless it's Reveler's (I can't keep them straight, but mine is the one with red tack - I don't have the blue yet).

It's the red tack Reveller's we're talking about, so you should be good.

You can launch fireworks and also ride the war steed parade, no problem. If you want to launch fireworks, please wear a Hauberk of the Mirrormere in Ered Luin blue during that part of the show, hopefully with Padded Shoes or something else simple. I have one I can loan you to copy if you need it.

Thank you to everyone who volunteered to participate! This will be the first segment of the show, so please be ready to go as soon as we arrive at the Horsefields after the mounted procession from the Prancing Pony. This leaves you free to enjoy the rest of the show! :)

Please make sure to send me a /tell on event day so that I can add you to the Raid group used for organization.

Gave a good plug for this event on LOTRO Players News Podcast. I shall also write articles and include in weekly events plans any public information on these forums and on WAR Site.

My bit for not being able to get in game and help!
Kiralynn
Kiralynn of Rohan
Officer

Awarded:

For those launching fireworks, you're probably wondering what kind to launch, where to shoot them from, and when to launch them!

WHAT: We will be happy to provide fireworks, but if you want to bring your own, we are looking for low-launch fireworks in the colors purple, green and yellow. Low-launch means the colored fireworks that shoot several clusters, not the Anniversary or Summerdays fireworks that launch a single high burst.

WHERE: You will be standing atop the posts in the western stone wall of the Horsefields, to either side of the bunt (the pole with the cloth drape on it). If we have two people launching, you'll be on the end posts on either side of the bunt. If we have four people launching, you'll be two on each side. If we get an odd number, someone can stand directly in front of the bunt.

WHEN: Five times in total. I will announce in Raid chat when to start and stop. In case you miss the chat announcement, here is a description. The first three: the entire time the riding team is galloping (at a run) during the formation riding demonstration. The first time is almost immediately after they come out. They'll pass each other along the north wall, then break into a gallop halfway across. The next two times, they'll be headed north or south along the east wall, walking one after the other. As they reach the east bunt, they'll break into a gallop one at a time. As soon as the first rider starts to gallop, begin launching. When you see them all change back to a walk, stop. Number five: shoot fireworks when you see them walking in a small circle. Finally, after they salute the audience at the end of the show and begin to leave the field, launch fireworks until they have exited the field.

HOW: If we're lucky, one of you can volunteer to be the fireworks coordinator, calling out the next color in Raid text chat (NOT voice), so that you're all shooting the same color at the same time (which is not as hard as it sounds). Launch as fast as your cool-down allows.

I hope that's helpful and thank you for volunteering!

Awarded:

Thank you to the three pyro volunteers who showed up for the dress rehearsal!

Here are the show details:
You'll stand on one of the posts of the west stone wall surrounding the Horsefields arena, as soon as the war steed parade is over. I'm going to announce in Raid chat when to start and stop launching fireworks, to make it easier. Once I ask you to start, please launch fireworks as quickly as the cooldown allows until I ask you to stop. After the team leaves the field, hop down off of the wall outside the field.

We could really use four pyrotechnicians for the show, and can handle as many as eight. Hopefully more people will be available on Saturday.

If you need to copy the Hauberk of the Mirrormere, please let me know.
If you need Ered Luin Blue dye to color your hauberk or Padded Shoes, send me an in-game mail and I'll reply with dyes.

If you need yellow, purple or green fireworks, please send me an in-game mail message.

Many thanks! =D

Last edited by Kiralynn of Rohan on 2014/02/26 1:54 pm; edited 1 time in total

Awarded:

Here's how the war steed parade is going to work. If you have one of the following war steeds, you are welcome to join in!
Michel Delving, Hunter's, Reveller's, Snow Beast, Rohirrim Elite, Withywindle, Hammerhand, and Rhun.

Here's how to participate:
* Contact Kiralynn and join her Raid group before the Carnival Ride begins.
* Either meet at the Horsefields arena or travel with the team during the mounted procession. Stand at the south end of the arena, just outside of it.
* Lindenel will tell us in Raid chat which war steed comes next. Mount up on that war steed with the appropriate cosmetic outfit. Please do this as quickly as you can.
* Let us know you're ready in Raid chat. For example, say something like "Snow Beast ready!"
* Once Lindenel hears that at least two people are ready, she will announce that steed to the audience. You might also read something like "Snow Beast GO!" in Raid chat.
* Wait for the riding team members on that steed to enter the field. Follow them at a walk. If your steed walks faster, pass on the left (like American driving in the fast lane).
* You will be riding north, parallel to the east wall of the arena, past the audience. Once you reach the north wall, you'll make a wide left turn to exit down the middle of the arena at a trot.
* Exit out the south gate. If you have more than one war steed in the line up, ready the next one.
* Repeat until you run out of war steeds to show.

Here's a visual aid:
Forum Image

Awarded:

It turns out that The Remediators don't have any high-flying fireworks. They were hoping to welcome the procession to the Horsefields arena with fireworks, but they don't have any that shoot high. Apparently all high-flying fireworks are bound items. Rats!

If any pyrotechnic volunteers are willing, please stand on the stage near the arena, the one at the southeast corner, and shoot fireworks facing north when the procession approaches.

Please do contact me on Saturday to join our Raid if you're willing to shoot fireworks before and during the show, thanks!

Page 1 of 2

Jump to: